We have to consider we are very fortunate with 54% of EFL league 2 clubs having financial problems.

Seems to me it won't be long before the whole FL house of cards comes crashing down with maybe a complete restructuring of the system.

https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/139/main-news/149720/trouble-ahead-for-english-football-clubs-as-double-whammy-stifles-revenues-and-ramps-up-costs

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

We have to consider we are very fortunate with 54% of EFL league 2 clubs having financial problems.

Seems to me it won't be long before the whole FL house of cards comes crashing down with maybe a complete restructuring of the system.

https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/139/main-news/149720/trouble-ahead-for-english-football-clubs-as-double-whammy-stifles-revenues-and-ramps-up-costs

In the current climate, and with the huge pressures over many years, we are in an incredible position (not league, but off-field). Critics can either give their head a wobble or just fuck off (off field not on field). 

9 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

In the current climate, and with the huge pressures over many years, we are in an incredible position (not league, but off-field). 

Two things I hope for:

1. The current owners are in it for the long haul, invest sensibly in the club and continue to improve the whole match day experience 

2. The on the field performances start to improve under our current (or future) management team

Given the above, the fans will stick with the club and we will climb back up that pyramid 

27 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Two things I hope for:

1. The current owners are in it for the long haul, invest sensibly in the club and continue to improve the whole match day experience 

2. The on the field performances start to improve under our current (or future) management team

Given the above, the fans will stick with the club and we will climb back up that pyramid 

If 1 happens- 2 will only be a matter of time. It’s also why I’m relaxed about Unsworth possibly going- because the infrastructure is so much better, any decent manager should fly with us now. 

9 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

In the current climate, and with the huge pressures over many years, we are in an incredible position (not league, but off-field). Critics can either give their head a wobble or just fuck off (off field not on field). 

I’m eternally grateful to the new owners and the Royles for facilitating this. Just in the nick of time too by all accounts. Long may it continue . 
Results need to improve rapid on the field though before this then begins to affect things off the field because it will. If results don’t improve within the next month, the owners will have to ask the question can they stand another relegation… I don’t know the ins and outs but I’m sure finances will take another hit if this happens. Part of improving things off field is getting things right on field. 

28 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If 1 happens- 2 will only be a matter of time. It’s also why I’m relaxed about Unsworth possibly going- because the infrastructure is so much better, any decent manager should fly with us now. 

This, Unsworth uses the previous shitshow as a defence as if it hinders him now, some of those managers under the previous regime would give their right arm to work under the current conditions and I don't just mean financially. 

• 1 month later...

According to the podcast it was just down to lawyers doing lawyer things. Strange that a deal can take 8 months if it's just a straight forward ground and land purchase. Chelsea were sold, lock, stock and barrel completed in about 6 weeks and was worth about £4 billion all whilst the seller had his assets frozen from the government. Don't understand why it's taking so long.

42 minutes ago, PeteG said:

According to the podcast it was just down to lawyers doing lawyer things. Strange that a deal can take 8 months if it's just a straight forward ground and land purchase. Chelsea were sold, lock, stock and barrel completed in about 6 weeks and was worth about £4 billion all whilst the seller had his assets frozen from the government. Don't understand why it's taking so long.

Perhaps it's something to do with the dicks they're buying it off !! 🤪

3 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Blitz is an utter scumbag who (almost) destroyed the club. It sickens me that he will no doubt be walking away with a large profit

£12 million if you believe what has been reported!

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Purchase price is not the same as profit!

We know that! When Frank was asked on ITV how much HE PAID for the club and the ground, he said £12 million which he actually corrected to £13 million within seconds. He was talking shit of course because at that point he hadn't even purchased the ground and still hasn't.

1 minute ago, PeteG said:

We know that! When Frank was asked on ITV how much HE PAID for the club and the ground, he said £12 million which he actually corrected to £13 million within seconds. He was talking shit of course because at that point he hadn't even purchased the ground and still hasn't.

I suggest it’s you talking shit.  You’re making assumptions about something you know absolutely nothing about!!

3 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Well you replied to a post saying he would walk away with a large profit by saying:

So it would appear not.

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Well you replied to a post saying he would walk away with a large profit by saying:

So it would appear not.

Where did i say profit? If you believe the £13 million the rothwells have paid, i'd suggest the majority of that is for the ground and land rather than the club, however, i did not say profit. Blitz would have a rather large mortgage to clear for a start.

7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I suggest it’s you talking shit.  You’re making assumptions about something you know absolutely nothing about!!

No, he was talking shit, he hadn't at that point paid anything like £13 million for the club!

Archived