• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that a little more communication is required from the club. The initial flood of information has dried to less than a trickle, which is a bit of a concern but probably we are being impatient. My main concern is the product on the pitch and as someone mentioned, possible investors were at the Chesterfield game. Let's hope what they saw on the pitch was not enough to put them off completely and the Rothwell's and Royle's talked a good business plan to them.

I don't care what is still required within the infrastructure regarding the connection between the youth product and the first team because this management team is seemingly tactically inept, non-supportive, ill-prepared and ill-tempered.

It's no wonder the players are running round like headless chickens.
It's no wonder the fans are pissed off.

Didn’t know where to post this, change in pie supplier last week to a local Oldham bakery. I had a much improved pie, what did everyone else think ? Ones before had been terrible. 

Just seen car park passes announced which is another step forward. Small changes but they are positive. Also on the Pod it was mentioned about portable beer pumps brought in to reduce que length. 

Just thought I’d raise these small trivial things that make a difference as had not seen them mentioned. 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Didn’t know where to post this, change in pie supplier last week to a local Oldham bakery. I had a much improved pie, what did everyone else think ? Ones before had been terrible. 

Just seen car park passes announced which is another step forward. Small changes but they are positive. Also on the Pod it was mentioned about portable beer pumps brought in to reduce que length. 

Just thought I’d raise these small trivial things that make a difference as had not seen them mentioned. 

Just more demonstration, if needed, of the staggering incompetence of the previous regime. So many easy to do things that they didn't do. 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Pie was ok. Could have been warmer.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Lags said:

Thanks. I missed that. 

From August statement:

"The signed agreement is a huge step forward to consolidate the club and stadium under one ownership to ensure stability for the future.

In line with a transaction of this size and nature, we aim to complete the purchase shortly before Christmas."

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, underdog said:

Just seen this update. OEC and gym are now in club hands

Link.

Some good news at least and a step toward what the Rothwell's et.al want to achieve. Oh for a step in the right direction with the playing side of things. I suppose we should be grateful for small mercies.

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Frank pays rent to Blitz for his companies using the North Stand.

Absolutely. So the OEC has been purchased from PW & SB. Blitz still has sold nothing.  That's not to say this won't change. 

Whilst I except entrepreneurs should be rewarded, it's a nice bit of business.  Do they now become payroll?

What rent do the club still pay,  if any.  My guess they do as blitz still owns the building the OEC functions in. The sooner blitz is gone the better.

6 hours ago, Lags said:

Absolutely. So the OEC has been purchased from PW & SB. Blitz still has sold nothing.  That's not to say this won't change. 

Whilst I except entrepreneurs should be rewarded, it's a nice bit of business.  Do they now become payroll?

What rent do the club still pay,  if any.  My guess they do as blitz still owns the building the OEC functions in. The sooner blitz is gone the better.

So what has Frank paid 12 million for ?

Who has been cashing in on the revenue from the fan bar etc ?

Wonder if this means the FLG are history now.

8 hours ago, Clifford said:

I just pray that Frank buys the stadium etc some time soon as there is an almighty dròp in fan based income coming. I fear if latics doesn't own the lot by next summer it never will.

An update on which is literally in this article... 

10 hours ago, Clifford said:

I just pray that Frank buys the stadium etc some time soon as there is an almighty dròp in fan based income coming. I fear if latics doesn't own the lot by next summer it never will.

You might want to read the article: @Clifford

“The Board can confirm that the transaction to secure ownership of the ground is on schedule and proceeding satisfactorily.”

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Did I not read that there was a secured loan (debenture) on land too? Maybe for gym refurb?

Wonder who pays that off

Assuming there will be a debenture on the purchase of the stadium/land. Wouldn’t make sense to purchase with cash, though the cost of borrowing will be higher now. 

Archived