Fixtures out Wednesday👍🍺

3 big away's for me were York and Gateshead so gutting to find one on a Tuesday night and one on a Monday. Notts county boxing day as well.

Argh that's annoying the 3 big games I wanted to be on normal Saturdays binned of to midweek. Stuff this pub league

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

September away days look fun, at Boreham Wood, Woking and Bromley.

York on a bank holiday could be fun. Altrincham midweek, meh.

Bloody knew I’d already have plans for Wrexham away and Halifax, where I can literally get a bus there from the end of my street.

2 minutes ago, tGWB said:

A good few on here already scrambling for excuses not to go to games with the fixtures only being out for 20mins 

Each year I hold off booking as many diary commitments I can until AFTER the fixtures are released. 
This is as late a release as I can remember and I, like many others I suspect, have had to book a few things already.

So you can stick your ‘scrambling for excuses’ where the sun don’t shine @tGWB 👍

I think our Bank Holiday clash with York will be live on BT sport.

3pm on the Saturday for the Torquay game will do thanks, it fits in with the hotel I've just booked which are selling out fast and are not cheap.

25 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Each year I hold off booking as many diary commitments I can until AFTER the fixtures are released. 
This is as late a release as I can remember and I, like many others I suspect, have had to book a few things already.

So you can stick your ‘scrambling for excuses’ where the sun don’t shine @tGWB 👍

Fair comment BigDog 

Just scrolled through the thread and you havent cried off any and have committed to   the Torquay trip 

Just found it odd that some fans first comments on the just released fixture list is what they cant do 

Mindset a guess 

42 minutes ago, tGWB said:

A good few on here already scrambling for excuses not to go to games with the fixtures only being out for 20mins 

First thing I do when the fixture list is out is look at the weekends I'm busy and see what games I miss...

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

First thing I do when the fixture list is out is look at the weekends I'm busy and see what games I miss...

Naaargh you dont 

You look for first home n away then the last home n away, then either when we play the better known teams home n away and who we got over Christmas and New Year 

Hardly anyone singles out the ones they cant go to first, maybe if theyve just booked a holiday 

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Same, I'm on holiday for 3 in December and will miss Wealdstone away but other than that I'm pretty happy. 

21 minutes ago, disjointed said:

The boycotters were only boycotting home games. 

Not entirely true some were boycotting all games and have been for some time. Even when the boycott was on off last season some stuck to their guns.

My take :

August looks alright actually, I'd fancy you to pick up a few points there. September and October look a fair bit harder. 

I managed to fluke a few correct guesses for Boxing Day. Which is more than can be said for the "it's Wrexham home and away" brigade. 😀

Archived