Fixtures out Wednesday👍🍺

What a difference a week makes😊

This time last week my interest in this seasons fixtures release was lukewarm to say the least...

Now I really can't bloody wait for them and I'll be planning which games I can get too!

Roll on Wednesday....Wrexham at home Boxing Day would be great...with ALL stands open, and an opening game down south somewhere like Woking who have a decent capacity would be amazing.

2000 Tics and the Athleticos in full voice to start the season on a positive note👌

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wrexham away first day please.

think that may have happened once?? l can certainly remember lots and lots and lots of Latics over there and it being a warm and sunny day. cant remember cheering so we must have lost/drawn but l remember there were so many there that different sections of the stand were requesting songs from each other

17 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

think that may have happened once?? l can certainly remember lots and lots and lots of Latics over there and it being a warm and sunny day. cant remember cheering so we must have lost/drawn but l remember there were so many there that different sections of the stand were requesting songs from each other

3 - 3. August 2001 maybe?

6 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

The Clergyman on Twitter is saying that Wrexham h & a over Christmas.  Has seen the fixtures apparently....

Just read that myself, relatively new twitter account May 2022, someone inside the club? Seems to get quite a lot right. 

33 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Yep funnily enough it was the summer after we were taken over by Chris Moore Aug 2001 took about 1600 there that day Went 3-1 down then Eyresy came on and bagged before Carlo got his obligatory goal against Wrexham to make it 3-3

35 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yep funnily enough it was the summer after we were taken over by Chris Moore Aug 2001 took about 1600 there that day Went 3-1 down then Eyresy came on and bagged before Carlo got his obligatory goal against Wrexham to make it 3-3

nah thats not it

47 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

The Clergyman on Twitter is saying that Wrexham h & a over Christmas.  Has seen the fixtures apparently....

l thought it was chesterfield?

wrexham w no public transport would be rather rubbish. in fact it would be fuckinshit 🤬.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Wikipedia tells me we played them in Aug 97 and lost 3-1

that sounds more like it 💪🏻

we must have scored at 2-0 or 3-0 thats why l cant remember it

l knew it cudnt have been 2001 bc l went with @latics22 and l fully knew he was a cunt by 2001

😂

You just know you will get something passingly familiar on day one. Barnet at home, perhaps.

I was pondering the likely pairings for the Christmas double header ; somebody has to play Gateshead, and I suppose York and Scunny are as likely as anyone. So how about :

York v Gateshead

Scunny v Chesterfield

Solihull v Notts County

Altrincham v Wrexham

Oldham v Halifax

-------------------------

(while I'm at it)

Torquay v Yeovil

Southend v Dagenham

Maidenhead v Eastleigh

Barnet v Boreham Wood

Aldershot v Woking

Maidstone v Dorking

Wealdstone v Bromley

13 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

You just know you will get something passingly familiar on day one. Barnet at home, perhaps.

I was pondering the likely pairings for the Christmas double header ; somebody has to play Gateshead, and I suppose York and Scunny are as likely as anyone. So how about :

York v Gateshead

Scunny v Chesterfield

Solihull v Notts County

Altrincham v Wrexham

Oldham v Halifax

-------------------------

(while I'm at it)

Torquay v Yeovil

Southend v Dagenham

Maidenhead v Eastleigh

Barnet v Boreham Wood

Aldershot v Woking

Maidstone v Dorking

Wealdstone v Bromley

This is the 1st time I have seen all the clubs in league 3. Oasis are going to have a right knees up. Can't see me doing more than 5 of the southern based ones. 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

This is the 1st time I have seen all the clubs in league 3. Oasis are going to have a right knees up. Can't see me doing more than 5 of the southern based ones. 

l was doing all of them until this pesky takeover nonsence 😂

1 hour ago, phoenix blue and tangerine said:

I'm sure I've read somewhere (maybe on Twitter twatter) that somebody supposedly itk had said it's Dorking away and they correctly predicted all last seasons openers. Time will tell. 

If that one is true we'd be home same weekend as Rochdale most weeks, still it could be plausible and would probably be on a Friday night on BT if they have such a game.

5 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

3-3 draw Monty, Latics 3-1 down with 10 minutes to go, cracking day, cracking game 

1 minute ago, unsworth blue said:

3-3 draw Monty, Latics 3-1 down with 10 minutes to go, cracking day, cracking game 

Always use to be tasty playing Wrexham.  We got turned over big time at The Elephant and Castle, Ancoats in early 2002

Archived