Fixtures out Wednesday👍🍺

15 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

we need to play them away first or they will take the piss when they come here. they actual hate us and we are pretty oblivious bc its been so long and we don't really care anyway..

We'll mob up at the Moss Inn 😁

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

😂😂😂

what was that club/pub effort on union street that was basically open like 10am til 4am on a matchday? l'm goin there me.

please also bear in mind how often l used to get union and yorkshire street mixed up.

God knows, Harry's Bar?

1 minute ago, basilrobbie said:

Four. 😀 

You need to win one game to make it to the first round proper, where 32 non-league sides join the 48 that make up L1 and L2.

thats not too bad then l suppose. so dorking might not actually be the wackiest place lm off too afterall!

9 hours ago, basilrobbie said:

Four. 😀 

You need to win one game to make it to the first round proper, where 32 non-league sides join the 48 that make up L1 and L2.

Plus the Preliminary and Extra Preliminary Rounds of course, so six rounds before Fa Cup 1st Round Proper. 

3 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Plus the Preliminary and Extra Preliminary Rounds of course, so six rounds before Fa Cup 1st Round Proper. 

You're right Pete, but I was answering the question about how many Oldham would have to play in. 😀

I think the competition kicks off in August, these days.

8 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

You're right Pete, but I was answering the question about how many Oldham would have to play in. 😀

I think the competition kicks off in August, these days.

Indeed - it’s one of the first matches for some teams! A long trek to Wembley….

9 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Indeed - it’s one of the first matches for some teams! A long trek to Wembley….

It is. And if you get drawn away at a tiny club you are liable to be on the TV as the pantomime villain.

Going back to Hordern - the game was moved to Hartlepool and when we got there we found various Monkey Hangers, Smoggies and even a few Mags waiting for us. It was one part lively and one part terrifying for the duration. 

18 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

Always use to be tasty playing Wrexham.  We got turned over big time at The Elephant and Castle, Ancoats in early 2002

Possibly because they got "done" on their own patch the year before? We played them first game of season 2001/02 - 3-3 draw from memory. It was not long after  the Oldham riots and quite a few tasty "English nationalist" lads were over in N wales. I recall a couple of pubs in Wrexham festooned with Oldham and England flags and someone told me Wrexham's mob were run ragged that day.

22 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yep funnily enough it was the summer after we were taken over by Chris Moore Aug 2001 took about 1600 there that day Went 3-1 down then Eyresy came on and bagged before Carlo got his obligatory goal against Wrexham to make it 3-3

Only 1200 away tickets at wrexham whilst its 3 sided this season

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd be only giving them the same for the return leg.

They’re doing it to allow as many of their own fans in as possible to watch their team, the ground will still be full…..giving them 1200 is just plain silly don’t you think?…when our away end holds nearly 4000!!

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

They’re doing it to allow as many of their own fans in as possible to watch their team, the ground will still be full…..giving them 1200 is just plain silly don’t you think?…when our away end holds nearly 4000!!

What's to say we couldn't sell more over the festive period if we are anywhere near the top?

Wrexham were allowing 2000 away fans in but have reduced that to 1200 to give themselves more of an advantage in home games, why shouldn't we do the same if we are top at Christmas?

Listen…we’ve space for almost 10k without the Chaddy even if we were top of the league at xmas it is more than enough for homers.

8 or 9000 tics and 3000 taffy’s would be a fantastic atmosphere, bring it on I say….if we’re good enough we’ll win the game….simples.

Just now, oafc1955 said:

Listen…we’ve space for almost 10k without the Chaddy even if we were top of the league at xmas it is more than enough for homers.

8 or 9000 tics and 3000 taffy’s would be a fantastic atmosphere, bring it on I say….if we’re good enough we’ll win the game….simples.

Taffy’s 😂😂

Archived