“Anyone heard of Dorking”?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think he needs to probably reign stuff like that in its the type of thing that gets pinned up on dressing room walls as motivation. It will come back and bite him on the arse if he's not careful. I imagine it's already got back to Dorkings players and Manager who will now be pumped for this game.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yeah I think he needs to probably reign stuff like that in its the type of thing that gets pinned up on dressing room walls as motivation. It will come back and bite him on the arse if he's not careful. I imagine it's already got back to Dorkings players and Manager who will now be pumped for this game.

I agree but I would be surprised if we hear much from Frank publicly after the initial hoo-ha has died down especially with the seemingly competent board members chosen. I'm expecting Darren Royle as CEO to be the 'voice' of the club with Shez on team matters.

They can be pumped as much as they want, it's about time we switched mindset as a club, nobody in the Royle era fancied a trip to Boundary Park from Arsenal to Newcastle, we are talking about Dorking here their biggest game in their 12 year history whilst we are playing at our lowest level in 127 years, we've got to make it difficult for these teams to come to our ground, make it the fortress it used to be, granted Shez must of been thinking ffs as he got a bit giddy but I'd rather have that than some cunts like Corney and Owen aiming for survival or telling us we can't afford to go up, selling competent managers and actively working against the fans. It won't endear us to many fans but hey ho I don't give a fuck.

We're taking over your village again.........

Yeah, did think that.  Joe Royle at Fratton Park-esque.

I'm not sure he meant it in the way it came across. He also stumbled across some stuff in the press conference about not being "politically correct" (which was obviously just worded incorrectly) and stuff about Hillsborough, which some circles might nail him to the cross for. He might benefit from some media training.  

16 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

They can be pumped as much as they want, it's about time we switched mindset as a club, nobody in the Royle era fancied a trip to Boundary Park from Arsenal to Newcastle, we are talking about Dorking here their biggest game in their 12 year history whilst we are playing at our lowest level in 127 years, we've got to make it difficult for these teams to come to our ground, make it the fortress it used to be, granted Shez must of been thinking ffs as he got a bit giddy but I'd rather have that than some cunts like Corney and Owen aiming for survival or telling us we can't afford to go up, selling competent managers and actively working against the fans. It won't endear us to many fans but hey ho I don't give a fuck.

We're taking over your village again.........

It goes without saying we are glad of the change. It goes without saying we want to start looking forwards rather than backwards. But go and ask Royle and Sheridan I'm pretty sure both of them will tell you don't do the opposition managers team talk for him. Saying stuff like "where is Dorking" is not making it difficult for the opposition it's making it difficult for us.

How many clubs have disparaged us down the years only for us to give them a rude awakening? Anyway it's not a big thing in the grand scheme of things but it's something he might need to think about because everything he says from now on will get disected and be around the world in minutes.

19 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

BTW Dorking, in the Beautiful South, is where Paul Heaton's Mum and Dad used to live.

Not many Latics players from the seventies went on to have successful music careers. The Keith Hicks skiffle band being another notable exception. Dorking can have one Brownie point for that. 

1 minute ago, parigby said:

It's a very affluent area just off the M25 about ten miles or so south south west of Heathrow. Some very, very expensive properties there.

Most places from Enid Blyton books are.

That's how they all afford boarding school, fry ups everyday and "lashings of ginger beer"

7 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

l found it a bit disrespectful tbh and if he wants to be coming out with shit like that he needs to crack on gettin some good players in now

If was an off the cuff comment whilst he was having a bit of fun with the fans on a momentous day. It’s not that deep

8 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

If was an off the cuff comment whilst he was having a bit of fun with the fans on a momentous day. It’s not that deep

to us maybe, but have a look more widely and it's cut very deep already. 

Big Frank has added himself a zero to the wage bill if he wants out the division as quickly as he's shouting it.

Archived