“Anyone heard of Dorking”?

Just now, Monty Burns said:

to us maybe, but have a look more widely and it's cut very deep already. 

Big Frank has added himself a zero to the wage bill if he wants out the division as quickly as he's shouting it.

Only with melts

The Dorking manager has taken it exactly as intended 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Only with melts

The Dorking manager has taken it exactly as intended 

this division is full of melts. lm not having a debate with you on sports psychology and how it works, l'm right and so is Neil. lets move on.

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

this division is full of melts. lm not having a debate with you on sports psychology and how it works, l'm right and so is Neil. lets move on.

Who's having a debate? I know how psychology works, I'm doing a degree in it.

Im fully expecting a 0-1 against Dorking anyway so Frank asking where it is (which was the first thing I thought when I saw the fixtures) doesn't bother me.

I like you and you make me laugh but you can get superiority complex at times (as can I)

33 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Who's having a debate? I know how psychology works, I'm doing a degree in it.

Im fully expecting a 0-1 against Dorking anyway so Frank asking where it is (which was the first thing I thought when I saw the fixtures) doesn't bother me.

I like you and you make me laugh but you can get superiority complex at times (as can I)

😁

l was only partly joking. l just know it would work on me and have seen evidence elsewhere (on this forum) of it working against us already, so..

I've heard of Dorking. My auntie used to live there. Very pricy place. 

Me and my cousin used to play football on the Dorking pitch. There was no security there and a small fence stopping you getting on the pitch. 

Would never have even dreamed of us playing them in the FA Cup. I think they only ever made the first round proper once. 

53 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

I've heard of Dorking. My auntie used to live there. Very pricy place. 

Me and my cousin used to play football on the Dorking pitch. There was no security there and a small fence stopping you getting on the pitch. 

Would never have even dreamed of us playing them in the FA Cup. I think they only ever made the first round proper once. 

Dorking Wanderers have never been past the 4th qualifying round. Think you're thinking of the 'old' Dorking FC who did once, in 92-93.

Never realised there was more than one team there.

Just looked it up and Dorking Wanderers were formed in 1999 and my memories of playing football on the pitch would have been 94/95/96. 

So Frank was right. Even I, who has visited Dorking on numerous occasions has never really heard of Dorking. 

1 hour ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Never realised there was more than one team there.

Just looked it up and Dorking Wanderers were formed in 1999 and my memories of playing football on the pitch would have been 94/95/96. 

So Frank was right. Even I, who has visited Dorking on numerous occasions has never really heard of Dorking. 

pissboil up and down the national league

Dunno who plays for them, or how they play and, other than being in the same division and probably somewhere in Dorking; where they play.

But; I have been painfully aware of them since we were relegated.

So, yes.

8 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

to us maybe, but have a look more widely and it's cut very deep already. 

Big Frank has added himself a zero to the wage bill if he wants out the division as quickly as he's shouting it.

Fuck me Monty.....do you by any chance make mountains out of molehouses for a living?🙄

Watched my boy play there a few times over the past couple of years.

Surrey FA HQ I think.

Cracking little ground. High St 2 mins from ground with plenty of decent pubs.

Not much parking though.

Team well funded and play some nice attacking football. 

It's very unlikely we will be hammering them. 

I'd take a scrappy 1 0 win tomorrow.

Home to Chesterfield first game...should be a good benchmark of where they are before they come up to us.

14 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Watched my boy play there a few times over the past couple of years.

Surrey FA HQ I think.

Cracking little ground. High St 2 mins from ground with plenty of decent pubs.

Not much parking though.

Team well funded and play some nice attacking football. 

It's very unlikely we will be hammering them. 

I'd take a scrappy 1 0 win tomorrow.

Home to Chesterfield first game...should be a good benchmark of where they are before they come up to us.

Nar they will be willing boys. At least 3-0 easy

9 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

Contradiction in terms there, you can't have beautiful and south in the same sentence. Dorking is a depressing place with over priced antique shops and a miserable Travelodge.

Good pop group The Beautiful South.

Anyone who thinks a comment like where is Dorking will improve their performance against us hasn't played sport. It's their 1st away game at the level, at a ground know across the uk (and further), they are playing an ex prem side and it's live on BT. There are many more tangible motivational factors if they need them.

I'm not sure being reminded that our owner doesn't know where their village side is from is going to increase their determination or improve their strikers technique in front of goal.

Imagine being worried about Dorking. If we can't beat them then it's a long season ahead.

5 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Anyone who thinks a comment like where is Dorking will improve their performance against us hasn't played sport. It's their 1st away game at the level, at a ground know across the uk (and further), they are playing an ex prem side and it's live on BT. There are many more tangible motivational factors if they need them.

I'm not sure being reminded that our owner doesn't know where their village side is from is going to increase their determination or improve their strikers technique in front of goal.

Imagine being worried about Dorking. If we can't beat them then it's a long season ahead.

I'm already settled with the fact that we won't win our first two matches. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Their keeper, Dan Lincoln, scored 123 of 65 balls for Berkshire when they beat Middlesex on Sunday. He has played 20/20 for Middlesex and first class cricket for Kent 

Good tired from a long hot day in the field hopefully 

Archived