“Anyone heard of Dorking”?

33 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

There's always a few who spoil it all and bring the club into disripute, like the crude chanting at Dorkihg.

Frank is old school and will cringe if that happens during the televised match on Saturday and I expect he will take action to stamp it out.

It's no use telling me thats the way it is today it's because they get away with it and hide behind the safety of a crowd.

So to the Athletico's have a great time supporting the club, but no pyro's or bad mouthing which may well get you banned with no sympathy and no return.

I remember a chant back in day:

”He’s here,

he’s there,

he’s every f*#%ing where”

Following complaints about the language, the last line was changed to “but we’re not allowed to swear” 👍

And who can forget the refreshment kiosk girls walking in front of the Chaddy End being serenaded with: “Get your crisps out for the lads…”

* this being the cleaned up version of the original… 😉

** this post may contain attitudes that some may find inappropriate in this day and age…

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the extended highlights from their match with Chesterfield and a couple of things stood out, Chesterfield looked physically much bigger and taller per man, looks like Dorking like to play a bit of football which I'm happy with as there will be plenty turning up at BP playing for a 0-0 draw this season, they move the ball quite well but gave up a lot of chances even when Chesterfield went to 10 men, keeper didn't look the best to me I think it's important we get our shots away and hopefully hit the target.

Finally their manager looks and sounds like a right bellend, judge for yourself here;

https://t.co/lDAAEUcJJj

30 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I remember a chant back in day:

”He’s here,

he’s there,

he’s every f*#%ing where”

Following complaints about the language, the last line was changed to “but we’re not allowed to swear” 👍

And who can forget the refreshment kiosk girls walking in front of the Chaddy End being serenaded with: “Get your crisps out for the lads…”

* this being the cleaned up version of the original… 😉

** this post may contain attitudes that some may find inappropriate in this day and age…

Touched a nerve have I?

I'd sooner have Frank on my side than you.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

There's always a few who spoil it all and bring the club into disripute, like the crude chanting at Dorkihg.

Frank is old school and will cringe if that happens during the televised match on Saturday and I expect he will take action to stamp it out.

It's no use telling me thats the way it is today it's because they get away with it and hide behind the safety of a crowd.

So to the Athletico's have a great time supporting the club, but no pyro's or bad mouthing which may well get you banned with no sympathy and no return.

Crude chanting at Dorking?  Why were you there...?

It's only 55 years that I've been going to games  now and I'm pretty sure crude chanting has been part of the experience for as long as that and longer

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Crude chanting at Dorking?  Why were you there...?

It's only 55 years that I've been going to games  now and I'm pretty sure crude chanting has been part of the experience for as long as that and longer

Watch the full match replay on the club's official website. It has no commentary so every chant can be heard.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Watch the full match replay on the club's official website. It has no commentary so every chant can be heard.

I assume you mean Torquay?  The chances of me watching a full replay of that are somewhere between nil and zero.

41 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I watched the extended highlights from their match with Chesterfield and a couple of things stood out, Chesterfield looked physically much bigger and taller per man, looks like Dorking like to play a bit of football which I'm happy with as there will be plenty turning up at BP playing for a 0-0 draw this season, they move the ball quite well but gave up a lot of chances even when Chesterfield went to 10 men, keeper didn't look the best to me I think it's important we get our shots away and hopefully hit the target.

Finally their manager looks and sounds like a right bellend, judge for yourself here;

Makes Shez sound like Jacob Rees-Mogg. 🥵

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Eminently windupable.  Guys in the main stand paddock, you know what to do. 

This will be one of the hottest ever temperatures for a match at BP. Even at 5:20 it will be roasting. Their manager has stated that they are part time and not as fit as full time teams. Part timer giant killings generally happen in winter on poorer pitches where that is less of an issue. Get the ball on the deck, pass it around patiently and make them work. Hopefully we'll get (another) two or three goals in the last quarter. 

4 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

This will be one of the hottest ever temperatures for a match at BP. Even at 5:20 it will be roasting. Their manager has stated that they are part time and not as fit as full time teams. Part timer giant killings generally happen in winter on poorer pitches where that is less of an issue. Get the ball on the deck, pass it around patiently and make them work. Hopefully we'll get (another) two or three goals in the last quarter. 

Probably the hottest I've ever been at was the last game of the 2015/16 season.  The kiosks in the North Stand (it was yet to be renamed the Joe Royle Stand) ran out of water before kick-off.  Hope that's sorted this time

On 8/8/2022 at 9:30 AM, Andy-latic said:

Interesting that the chairman is also the manager! Although that has pretty much been the case at BP last few years with Mo

He formed the club, played (for a bit) managed and owned since they began. 

Real life champ manager. 

On 8/11/2022 at 10:00 AM, BP1960 said:

Touched a nerve have I?

I'd sooner have Frank on my side than you.

What are you banging on about? 
Touched a nerve? 

I relate a couple of anecdotes from days gone by and you read it as I am having a pop at you? 

You need to be careful @BP1960 or you’ll turn into a grumpy old man…😉

For a club to be formed the same year as my son was born and to march up the football pyramid in the time its taken us to fall from our not so lofty perch, deserves some respect.

I For one will doff my hat/flat cap  to them, clap them on to the field and off at the end, no matter what result.

(6-0).

Let's take a moment to enjoy being part of a new football fraternity and perhaps get back to being the nations second favourite club  with our sporting behaviour.

35 minutes ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

For a club to be formed the same year as my son was born and to march up the football pyramid in the time its taken us to fall from our not so lofty perch, deserves some respect.

I For one will doff my hat/flat cap  to them, clap them on to the field and off at the end, no matter what result.

(6-0).

Let's take a moment to enjoy being part of a new football fraternity and perhaps get back to being the nations second favourite club  with our sporting behaviour.

Nah fuck em and all the other Tinpot Rovers that don’t deserve to be on the same turf as us. We are OAFC. I’d rather everyone hate us

On 8/11/2022 at 8:58 AM, BP1960 said:

Now BP - I know you have been watching Latics for a long time. I`ve been watching since the 70s. In the "good old days" I witnessed football fans (of all teams - including ours) turning over "away" cars they spotted on car parks, throwing darts indiscriminately into crowds of people (Burnley and Barnsley fans at theirs), laying into innocent people mob-handed, throwing urns of hot water into groups of people, fighting in the Chaddy for 90 minutes non-stop, serious pitch invasions galore, full scale riots (Sheff Wed, Man City, Stoke City at Latics), arranging coaches to go to Bolton town centre to fight even when we weren't playing them! I could go on.

It's like Jackanory nowadays in comparison. We can soon forget what it was really like in the past and I hope the days of gratuitous violence within grounds never return. Think you are a little "over the top" with your perspective of the current state of affairs here, BP.

On 8/13/2022 at 3:01 AM, 100milesaway said:

And they as a club and him as a managed deserve our utmost respect. 

Do they? Or is he just another rich bloke with a baseball cap on top of his head buying himself up the leagues? 

I don't remember seeing anyone giving Salford the same respect for what they have done over recent years. 

1 hour ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Do they? Or is he just another rich bloke with a baseball cap on top of his head buying himself up the leagues? 

I don't remember seeing anyone giving Salford the same respect for what they have done over recent years. 

They've paid one transfer fee. Ever.

3 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

But they also can afford to sign the top scorer in the league they just got promoted from. Pretty sure they aren't paying them in fake tan. 

Stop digging Roger. The comparison with Salford is ludicrous. 

Archived