Torquay (A)

25 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Less than 60 games aged 25, general consensus about him from former clubs isn't great, he is starting season as no. 1 so let's see how he goes but I'm not going to pretend about having huge confidence about him at this stage.

To be honest I hadn't looked at his career stats and I'd rather form my own opinion  rather than going with a general consensus of other clubs fans, what I have seen of him he's been solid, distribution isn't the best at times but a keeper at level 5 is going to have flaws, unfortunately he ain't Connor Ripley who I'd have liked to have seen return but he is more than adequate for a keeper at our level, I'm not bothered about the goals against column this season it's at the other end that every available penny needs to be spent.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LightDN123 said:

300-400

I believe we’ve already sold more. Could be wrong, but I read somewhere we had sold 200+ seated tickets, and from past experience standing usually outsells seating, so on that basis I think we’ll take around 800.

4 minutes ago, daniel said:

I believe we’ve already sold more. Could be wrong, but I read somewhere we had sold 200+ seated tickets, and from past experience standing usually outsells seating, so on that basis I think we’ll take around 800.

My bad, thought the 200 was it all. No idea what tickets I have got then. 

I’m a little disappointed they have haven’t pushed for fans to get to Torquay….I suppose the focus is on season tickets and shirt sales and there is loads else to do but we need to get off to a good start and it kind of feels as though the season starts v Dorking rather than on Saturday 

I think OASF and PTB could have found out what is going on re coaches etc and communicated something and even just knowing how many we have sold can motivate others to go…I am undecided about Saturday partly due to transport and other logistics but also as it doesn’t feel like it’s building up to the party it could have been

A minor gripe in an otherwise great few days but I want us to be the best club we can be!

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Not putting a supporters coach or two on is a massive own goal for me and hopefully it's something that can be resolved going forward, some fans are reliant on the club providing this service.

Although I agree with this some slack should be cut to the admin staff as the priority must be to sell and deliver as many season tickets as possible before next Saturday's home game.

Don't forget they were cut down to the bare bones by the previous administration. 

19 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Although I agree with this some slack should be cut to the admin staff as the priority must be to sell and deliver as many season tickets as possible before next Saturday's home game.

Don't forget they were cut down to the bare bones by the previous administration. 

True but for me it's a relatively easy thing to sort, at the very least they could of informed fans that they won't be providing one.

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

I’m a little disappointed they have haven’t pushed for fans to get to Torquay….I suppose the focus is on season tickets and shirt sales and there is loads else to do but we need to get off to a good start and it kind of feels as though the season starts v Dorking rather than on Saturday 

I think OASF and PTB could have found out what is going on re coaches etc and communicated something and even just knowing how many we have sold can motivate others to go…I am undecided about Saturday partly due to transport and other logistics but also as it doesn’t feel like it’s building up to the party it could have been

A minor gripe in an otherwise great few days but I want us to be the best club we can be!

I know Chadderton Supporters Club run by Sean run coaches but this one has been fully booked for ages. The costs of running coaches has rocketed in recent times, I know Sean was quoted just shy of £2000 for a coach for Torquay. He managed to attract business sponsorship to reduce costs for his members for this trip. 

I expect coach firms reluctant to offer a service to OAFC since I am advised that several companies have now refused to supply coaches to OAFC due to lack of payment from previous regime. Will need either payment up front or some sort of bond I would expect before companies provide coaches to OAFC again. 

I know Sean and was a frequent traveller with Chaddy Supporters club up until my not attending games, its a thankless task actually running coaches, always get cry offs, non-payers, people with banned substances etc. 

Certainly wouldn't recommend PTB actually running any coaches given Sean's experiences and also the fact that they have all got full time jobs and have families and other commitments as well as Latics          

58 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

We are debt free so that can't be the case

but, understandable companies will be cautious to say the least at dealing with us again

all the caterers, cleaners, builders, laundrettes, food n drink, office staff, ex players etc been chased down and paid? seems unlikely but that's great if so 😎

2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Coaches now on but the output is still severely lacking. 

10 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They've got a well respected football media officer helping out over the next few weeks...

It's going to be a problem getting the staff up to speed as they're handicapped by a lack of bodies engineered by the previous regime.

This seems a sensible move to assist in the short term.

Archived