Torquay (A)

Hats off to anyone mad enough to travel. This squad we have at the moment would struggle to get into the top half of the National League North.

How do you reckon we will line up, and what will the margin of victory be for the home side? 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately in my opinion we'll be going there for a 0-0 draw, which tells you where this squads at.

I'm going it's cost a fortune so hoping the players can turn up. Heart says 1-0 win, head saying we could be embarrassed. 

1 hour ago, GKing521 said:

Hats off to anyone mad enough to travel. This squad we have at the moment would struggle to get into the top half of the National League North.

How do you reckon we will line up, and what will the margin of victory be for the home side? 

Jesus wept, the hyperbole. The spine of the team is pretty good, we could do with a couple of creative players but christ, it's not that bad. Some Latics fans seem to live to be negative, the season hasn't even started yet.

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Jesus wept, the hyperbole. The spine of the team is pretty good, we could do with a couple of creative players but christ, it's not that bad. Some Latics fans seem to live to be negative, the season hasn't even started yet.

This! Within hours of the takeover some latics fans just seem to look for the negatives. We should be optimistic. Get behind the new owners and team and lets see what we can do. But some fans are just happy being miserable 

5 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

This! Within hours of the takeover some latics fans just seem to look for the negatives. We should be optimistic. Get behind the new owners and team and lets see what we can do. But some fans are just happy being miserable 

I was saying this lot was poor before the takeover, not unexpected as some sort of team had to be thrown together on a minimum budget.

If the new owner is satisfied with this it will soon turn sour.

In other words at least 4 better players are needed to show any longer term improvement.

We should be over the moon and singing at every game like we have won the fa cup.........

We have got rid of ALMO and cronies this week, that was our sole aim...... we as fans promised to back the club when this happend.

We have a new local owner who has more character than anyone at the club since the glory days, a great board being assembled and a manager who loves the club and fans.

Yes we may not be great on the pitch just yet, do we really want to be turning negative this quickly.

Im stunned by what I have read today, and dissapointed in some of my fellow oldham fans.

Some heads need a good shaking.

Some people are really never happy.

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Fucking hell, happy hour is over then

I’m very happy with the takeover but not so happy about the football side of things.

Well lets get rid of Frank and his board then as they have done fuck all in the last 48 hours! Fuck me!!

I'll be at Torquay next week, with a couple of mates, we're making a weekend of it. I know Torquay very well from my younger days, spent many a romantic holiday there. I saw us beat them 2-0 in a pre-season friendly during the Warnock period, my (now) ex wasn't happy that we went to the match because she wanted to watch Jim Davidson at the Torquay Pavilion instead 😅😅. I wonder if he's still on 🤔

I'll be at Torquay with a Palace supporting mate. Can't wait and very much looking forward to it.

Sure my mate will be a convert after the experience... you can't but love us really. let's just wait 

'til then and see how they do.

22 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Well lets get rid of Frank and his board then as they have done fuck all in the last 48 hours! Fuck me!!

They will immediately insist on at least 3 good loanees IMO. 

22 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

I’ll be backing the new regime by buying my ST as soon as they become available.

Like I’ve said, Shez has previously said that he was more than happy with the budget.

Its early days but I’m disappointed that he doesn’t seem to have put a competitive squad together with it!

The only over reaction I can see, is the multiple posters saying what can’t you be happy!!?? 

People need to stop conflating the takeover with the football team. I’m absolutely over the moon we’ve got the club back. But that’s doesn’t mean we can’t debate the team.

I make BP right- the squad and it’s lack of quality has been an issue for weeks. As are the multiple fans saying, we lack pace and creativity going forward- especially in wide areas. Which when you’re relying on stobbs and hope is no surprise. We are then relying on a 38 year old injury prone Porter as our only genuine goal threat, and the best part of the team looks the back four. These loans really need to elevate us, or I think we’ll struggle. 

39 minutes ago, League one forever said:

The only over reaction I can see, is the multiple posters saying what can’t you be happy!!?? 

People need to stop conflating the takeover with the football team. I’m absolutely over the moon we’ve got the club back. But that’s doesn’t mean we can’t debate the team.

I make BP right- the squad and it’s lack of quality has been an issue for weeks. As are the multiple fans saying, we lack pace and creativity going forward- especially in wide areas. Which when you’re relying on stobbs and hope is no surprise. We are then relying on a 38 year old injury prone Porter as our only genuine goal threat, and the best part of the team looks the back four. These loans really need to elevate us, or I think we’ll struggle. 

People need to put their money where their mouth is and put money in the coffers then. Can't whinge about lack of spending when money hasn't been rolling in. 

More people buy tickets etc now takeover done, the more money for the playing squad. Simple

39 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

People need to put their money where their mouth is and put money in the coffers then. Can't whinge about lack of spending when money hasn't been rolling in. 

More people buy tickets etc now takeover done, the more money for the playing squad. Simple

More than happy to put my money in once the ridiculous targeted ban on my son & the leader of the Ultras has been lifted. 

300 on the pitch against Salford = 5 bans (as far as i aware) - no supporters approached anyone with any malice, neither the 5 banned nor 295 not. 

I am hoping that the last legacy of the old regime to tackle "infiltrators" will be overturned, very much like the ludicrous banning of Ban, Binman & Dom was just prior Christmas.

6 or 7 season tickets waiting here for the new owners to do the right thing, no serious criminal offence committed and no police interest either.  

If they choose to uphold the ban as is their right, my son banned for 3 years from BP for merely exercising his right to ask perfectly reasonable questions of an utterly woeful regime. None of us will be back in that time either though we may attend away games. 

Desperately want to go back to what has been my happy home for best part of 50 years but if they don't welcome my son, then they don't welcome me or my extended family either. 

43 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

More than happy to put my money in once the ridiculous targeted ban on my son & the leader of the Ultras has been lifted. 

300 on the pitch against Salford = 5 bans (as far as i aware) - no supporters approached anyone with any malice, neither the 5 banned nor 295 not. 

I am hoping that the last legacy of the old regime to tackle "infiltrators" will be overturned, very much like the ludicrous banning of Ban, Binman & Dom was just prior Christmas.

6 or 7 season tickets waiting here for the new owners to do the right thing, no serious criminal offence committed and no police interest either.  

If they choose to uphold the ban as is their right, my son banned for 3 years from BP for merely exercising his right to ask perfectly reasonable questions of an utterly woeful regime. None of us will be back in that time either though we may attend away games. 

Desperately want to go back to what has been my happy home for best part of 50 years but if they don't welcome my son, then they don't welcome me or my extended family either. 

I know it would never happen but the lot who went on the pitch should be given free tickets. They made this happen. 

Sad to see tonight's EFL Highlights with no Latics but glad we have a new charismatic owner and board with  experience and Shez in charge.

Now it's up to our fans to get behind the team win or lose and follow them away in numbers and lots of new grounds to visit hopefully though only the once!😀 

11 hours ago, GKing521 said:

It is the first (non) league game of the season.

It is the first (non) league game under the new ownership team.

I will be travelling to support my team.

The starting lineup will be very similar to that which started on Saturday (😮) but may benefit from a loan player or two

I have no idea how we will get on.

I resent your inference that I am mad. 👀

Archived