Torquay (A)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Quite a few went over towards the Salford fans to antagonise. 

None of those who were banned though which just emphasises the stupidity of shitpeas, didn't see him at Fylde yesterday, thought he was a fan surely he'd be celebrating the club being put back together and the North Stand back under the clubs control? Fucking rat.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

None of those who were banned though which just emphasises the stupidity of shitpeas, didn't see him at Fylde yesterday, thought he was a fan surely he'd be celebrating the club being put back together and the North Stand back under the clubs control? Fucking rat.

Maybe easier to identify those who were already vocal and known to the club. No denying that was used as an excuse

Having slated the performances of the players pre season I hope they heed Shez's  words and show a plenty of determination at Torquay.

It's a funny old game so I'm predicting a scrappy Latics 1-0 win.

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Having slated the performances of the players pre season I hope they heed Shez's  words and show a plenty of determination at Torquay.

It sounded like Sheridan was suggesting that a number of the team were coasting or taking it a little too easy ahead of next week’s opener.

I’m hopeful that we will see a more committed approach against Torquay. 

‘Preseason games are meaningless’ is an oft quoted phrase and I tend to agree. 

Bring on the real thing - then we can judge.

Listen to the Ben Foster podcast and he pretty much says the players and managers do not care about the result in pre season, apart from the top 6. Let’s hope this lot turn up next week, fingers crossed. 
I have seen us beat city in pre season and still be shit so who knows. 

14 hours ago, League one forever said:

The only over reaction I can see, is the multiple posters saying what can’t you be happy!!?? 

People need to stop conflating the takeover with the football team. I’m absolutely over the moon we’ve got the club back. But that’s doesn’t mean we can’t debate the team.

I make BP right- the squad and it’s lack of quality has been an issue for weeks. As are the multiple fans saying, we lack pace and creativity going forward- especially in wide areas. Which when you’re relying on stobbs and hope is no surprise. We are then relying on a 38 year old injury prone Porter as our only genuine goal threat, and the best part of the team looks the back four. These loans really need to elevate us, or I think we’ll struggle. 

Relying on hope is all we've had for many years. It's relying on Hope that worries me (and on Stobbs) 😉

16 hours ago, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

I'll be at Torquay next week, with a couple of mates, we're making a weekend of it. I know Torquay very well from my younger days, spent many a romantic holiday there. I saw us beat them 2-0 in a pre-season friendly during the Warnock period, my (now) ex wasn't happy that we went to the match because she wanted to watch Jim Davidson at the Torquay Pavilion instead 😅😅. I wonder if he's still on 🤔

Keep posting, comedy gold that response😂😂

16 hours ago, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

I'll be at Torquay next week, with a couple of mates, we're making a weekend of it. I know Torquay very well from my younger days, spent many a romantic holiday there. I saw us beat them 2-0 in a pre-season friendly during the Warnock period, my (now) ex wasn't happy that we went to the match because she wanted to watch Jim Davidson at the Torquay Pavilion instead 😅😅. I wonder if he's still on 🤔

The fact that she wanted to watch Jim Davidson is grounds for Divorce itself I think you are better off without.

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Listen to the Ben Foster podcast and he pretty much says the players and managers do not care about the result in pre season, apart from the top 6. Let’s hope this lot turn up next week, fingers crossed. 
I have seen us beat city in pre season and still be shit so who knows. 

You can't turn bad performances to good on tap after a pre season. It should have been about team co-ordination, which I saw none of.

We may well get a result at Torquay if they are worse than us, but with this squad I don't see it long term.

That can change of course with 3 or 4 good players added, not just squad fillers but those who can really take the team to a different level.

At the end of last season, relegation became a grim reality and the club having a new owner was just a pipe dream on some far off horizon. I saw nothing but struggle on and off the pitch. Sheridan actually managing to bring players in under those conditions seemed to be a bit of a miracle and obviously those players were not going to be of any quality enough to get the team back into the league.

Here we are with a new owner and a new board but still relatively in the dark about the immediate and long-term future, apart from the few nuggets of information and proposals being discussed on here. It's as if the two issues are separate entities, which I suppose they are but at some point they will need to converge. Ultimately, the owner will rightly have the say on Sheridan's position, probably with the ear of Royle.

From my personal point of view, Sheridan needs to get them up and at it from the off and if he can't then the inevitable groundswell of disgruntled fans will soon become apparent to everyone, including the owner. How long he gets, who knows? He has said his piece, he now needs to back it up with results on the pitch. Pre-season is over and from now on every game matters.

3 hours ago, Wardie said:

At the end of last season, relegation became a grim reality and the club having a new owner was just a pipe dream on some far off horizon. I saw nothing but struggle on and off the pitch. Sheridan actually managing to bring players in under those conditions seemed to be a bit of a miracle and obviously those players were not going to be of any quality enough to get the team back into the league.

Here we are with a new owner and a new board but still relatively in the dark about the immediate and long-term future, apart from the few nuggets of information and proposals being discussed on here. It's as if the two issues are separate entities, which I suppose they are but at some point they will need to converge. Ultimately, the owner will rightly have the say on Sheridan's position, probably with the ear of Royle.

From my personal point of view, Sheridan needs to get them up and at it from the off and if he can't then the inevitable groundswell of disgruntled fans will soon become apparent to everyone, including the owner. How long he gets, who knows? He has said his piece, he now needs to back it up with results on the pitch. Pre-season is over and from now on every game matters.

Yeah your right about Shez and the players he’s brought in , he had to start the season with something.

I think listening to the press conference the idea was to bring together some consortium that would have had a budget for some decent signings, however what’s transpired about the rumours of being a few days away from liquidation I think FR has concluded the deal alone quickly to ensure that doesn’t happen.

I think we will hold our own until Xmas and come Jan we will hopefully have some more investors involved and a decent budget for players that may get us into a play off spot.

Let’s keep fingers crossed it comes off.

3 hours ago, losesome said:

Yeah your right about Shez and the players he’s brought in , he had to start the season with something.

I think listening to the press conference the idea was to bring together some consortium that would have had a budget for some decent signings, however what’s transpired about the rumours of being a few days away from liquidation I think FR has concluded the deal alone quickly to ensure that doesn’t happen.

I think we will hold our own until Xmas and come Jan we will hopefully have some more investors involved and a decent budget for players that may get us into a play off spot.

Let’s keep fingers crossed it comes off.

Outside the EFL, clubs can bring in players throughout the season.  With ST back on sale from Monday, maybe the club will use the ST money to bring in some better quality loan players.  The majority of the players signed so far where under the old regime so maybe a few will come in thuis week, especially now that the old guard have cleared off with their coffee machine.  

3 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

According to the Torquay seat map we appear to have sold around 150 seats….no idea on standing but hopefully we’ll take good numbers down there now

Club could do with providing a couple of supporters coaches as some are struggling to get down there.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

ignoring the fact that that's usually exactly what happens and vice versa

I'll let you put your Season ticket money on Lactics to  win at Torquay then. After collecting the winnings you could upgrade to an executive box. 😄

Archived