Torquay (A)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Anyone know how Torquay are delivering the tickets? Email, post or collect? Ordered mine on Thursday and no sign yet. 

When you buy online you are able to print them out then, I got an email the day after in case I'd cocked it up I 

44 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Anyone know how Torquay are delivering the tickets? Email, post or collect? Ordered mine on Thursday and no sign yet. 

Bought mine last week they informed me I'd receive an email, by Friday still no email so rang them again - promised me I'd receive them today, no sign so will have to call again in morning, I expect they will be busier than normal so will give them benefit of the doubt.

4 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I’d love to know how many we’re taking on Saturday…also a bit surprised the club hasn’t mentioned it or put on a couple of coaches….I suppose there are other priorities this week but we need to get off to a good start more than ever!

the whole borough is going.

5 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I’d love to know how many we’re taking on Saturday…also a bit surprised the club hasn’t mentioned it or put on a couple of coaches….I suppose there are other priorities this week but we need to get off to a good start more than ever!

try n book a flight/hotel/train that tells you all you need to know..

7 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Train prices have doubled in a couple of weeks, I paid about £80 return they now want £150+ and that's travelling down on Friday, I think the club need to put on a couple of coaches, it might be an oversight with so much going on but some fans will only be able to get there if the club provide the transport, I know a couple of independent supporters coaches that have been full for weeks.

As for how many there I'd say between 600 and 800 but it could well be more, I'll ask Torquay when I speak to them later.

38 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Train prices have doubled in a couple of weeks, I paid about £80 return they now want £150+ and that's travelling down on Friday, I think the club need to put on a couple of coaches, it might be an oversight with so much going on but some fans will only be able to get there if the club provide the transport, I know a couple of independent supporters coaches that have been full for weeks.

As for how many there I'd say between 600 and 800 but it could well be more, I'll ask Torquay when I speak to them later.

l'll be disappointed w less than 1000 and yes l agree on coaches however, lve heard we are trying but coach companies aren't playing wo upfront payment.

more ALMOBAZ legacy to cut thru 🙄

Team for Saturday then? Any new faces added this week? I'll plump for this but it may change before Saturday;

Norman

Clarke

Hogan

Legge, McGahey or Maynard

Angol

Sheron

Cooper

Hope or Vaughan

Gardner

Tollit

Fondop or Porter

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

School holiday season, Monty. My cousin been trying to find somehwere in Torquay for weeks (2 adults and 2 kids) but ended up elsewhere as everywhere mostly sold out (and definitely not full of Latics).

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Team for Saturday then? Any new faces added this week? I'll plump for this but it may change before Saturday;

Norman

Clarke

Hogan

Angol

Sheron

Cooper

Hope 

Gardner

Tollit

Fondop or Porter

That's about as good as we have at the minute. Is it confirmed that Hogan's red card doesn't mean a ban?

25 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

School holiday season, Monty. My cousin been trying to find somehwere in Torquay for weeks (2 adults and 2 kids) but ended up elsewhere as everywhere mostly sold out (and definitely not full of Latics).

stop ruining it ya big girl

33 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Norman

Clarke

Hogan

Angol

Sheron

Cooper

Hope or Vaughan

Gardner

Tollit

Fondop or Porter

cba w the individual speculation but l could not be any more in favour of the formation

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Norman

Clarke

Hogan

Angol

Sheron

Cooper

Hope or Vaughan

Gardner

Tollit

Fondop or Porter

I hope playing one up front disappears with the Lemsegams…

3 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Norman

Clarke
Hogan
McGahey
Angol

Stobbs
Sheron
Gardner
Tollit

Porter
Hope

Won't be far off this I imagine. I would prefer Leutwiler to start though. 

🤔It has just hit home…..that is one depressing 1st eleven!😞

On 7/30/2022 at 4:37 PM, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

my (now) ex wasn't happy that we went to the match because she wanted to watch Jim Davidson at the Torquay Pavilion instead 😅😅. I wonder if he's still on 🤔

He'll be there again in early September, although I'm not really sure why people keep going to see him.

On 7/30/2022 at 3:30 PM, chris_oafc said:

Anyone got any ideas on parking near the ground and pubs?

cheers

Parking around the ground is very limited. It's a residential area. If you're there early enough, you could feasibly get lucky though. There are one or two public car parks in the Babbacombe area but you'll need to get there at least 2 hours before kick-off (plus, this being Torbay, it's not particularly cheap). Your best bet might be one of the bigger multi-storeys in town and then finding a way up to Plainmoor. It's not particularly close, though, and it's all uphill, which could be fun if you fancy a walk.  

For the game itself - I posted on another thread the other day, but our side really could be anything. After losing our 5 best players in the close season (2 to League 2, 2 to League 1, and one went home, so fair enough on all of them) we've brought in a whole host of young players. The squad is quick, but it remains to be seen how they gel - pre-season has been inconclusive. For example a 5-0 hammering at home to Plymouth swiftly followed by a pretty decent victory over Exeter. I think we'll be fun to watch, but we almost certainly need another centre half; expecting to play with 3 at the back, and we only have 2 centre-halves, with Moxey (a veteran left back) playing there, although he was very good towards the end of last season. One of the others, Ali Omar has commendable enthusiasm and the right physique for this league, but he does tend to play like an over-excited puppy at times, and that can be costly. He got sent off for a professional foul 8 minutes into our last friendly the other day. Our goalkeeper was totally crap last year (got dropped 5 games in, not to be seen again until our season was essentially over in April) but there's hope that he's got some confidence now. 

Like I say though - we'll be very quick; have signed some players who look very useful, but might need time to settle in. It's possible that playing us first could be good for you!

hope you all have a great day out and that the long journey home isn't too miserable...

44 minutes ago, blaggard said:

He'll be there again in early September, although I'm not really sure why people keep going to see him.

Parking around the ground is very limited. It's a residential area. If you're there early enough, you could feasibly get lucky though. There are one or two public car parks in the Babbacombe area but you'll need to get there at least 2 hours before kick-off (plus, this being Torbay, it's not particularly cheap). Your best bet might be one of the bigger multi-storeys in town and then finding a way up to Plainmoor. It's not particularly close, though, and it's all uphill, which could be fun if you fancy a walk.  

For the game itself - I posted on another thread the other day, but our side really could be anything. After losing our 5 best players in the close season (2 to League 2, 2 to League 1, and one went home, so fair enough on all of them) we've brought in a whole host of young players. The squad is quick, but it remains to be seen how they gel - pre-season has been inconclusive. For example a 5-0 hammering at home to Plymouth swiftly followed by a pretty decent victory over Exeter. I think we'll be fun to watch, but we almost certainly need another centre half; expecting to play with 3 at the back, and we only have 2 centre-halves, with Moxey (a veteran left back) playing there, although he was very good towards the end of last season. One of the others, Ali Omar has commendable enthusiasm and the right physique for this league, but he does tend to play like an over-excited puppy at times, and that can be costly. He got sent off for a professional foul 8 minutes into our last friendly the other day. Our goalkeeper was totally crap last year (got dropped 5 games in, not to be seen again until our season was essentially over in April) but there's hope that he's got some confidence now. 

Like I say though - we'll be very quick; have signed some players who look very useful, but might need time to settle in. It's possible that playing us first could be good for you!

hope you all have a great day out and that the long journey home isn't too miserable...

Quick could be just what you need, as we are close to the opposite. 

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Sheri's refusal to pick the better goalkeeper becoming a concern...

You haven't seen Norman play so how can you come to that conclusion?, couple of bits on Twitter flying about from fans of other clubs and all of a sudden he's shit before he's played, he's been solid in pre season, kept us in games to be fair and he deserves his chance based on what I've seen, don't think Shez fancies Leutwiler at all and it's hardly a shock Shez has looked elsewhere. Personally think we will see another keeper in on loan to compete with Norman.

55 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You haven't seen Norman play so how can you come to that conclusion?, couple of bits on Twitter flying about from fans of other clubs and all of a sudden he's shit before he's played, he's been solid in pre season, kept us in games to be fair and he deserves his chance based on what I've seen, don't think Shez fancies Leutwiler at all and it's hardly a shock Shez has looked elsewhere. Personally think we will see another keeper in on loan to compete with Norman.

Less than 60 games aged 25, general consensus about him from former clubs isn't great, he is starting season as no. 1 so let's see how he goes but I'm not going to pretend about having huge confidence about him at this stage.

Archived