MATCH: vs Dorking Wanderers (H) 13/08/22

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

I took my own, try it?

2 weeks and improvements are lin abundance but Latics fans love to whinge 

Mate, have you seen how warm it is FFS, both me and my daughter carried a bottle of water in with us, they were both gone about 5mins into the game.

I'm not joking when I say there's people with young kids walked out because of it.

2 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Mate, have you seen how warm it is FFS, both me and my daughter carried a bottle of water in with us, they were both gone about 5mins into the game.

I'm not joking when I say there's people with young kids walked out because of it.

I'm sat in it and I came prepared 

Like when I walk up Snowdon and see people in flip flops holding a tiny bottle of volvic

1 minute ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Do you want a badge?

Not really pal but thanks for the offer 

Anyone knew it was a heat wave and latics may not be able to meet demand (under the old regime) and the new have even asked for patience

Anyway second half has started 

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Not really pal but thanks for the offer 

Anyone knew it was a heat wave and latics may not be able to meet demand (under the old regime) and the new have even asked for patience

Anyway second half has started 

I might cancel my email of complaint if we win..

31 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

What a shame we’ve thrown this away 

You really are depressing, I am 100% sure that you make these comments as some kind of defence mechanism and underneath it all, you are actually a caring fan. 

I watched the game on BT as I can't get there and luckily I have BT Sport as a free component of my broadband/mobile package. Picture, sound, pre-match and commentary were pretty good. 

I thought Tollitt was easily our MotM and looks to be one who is only going to get better as the season progresses. Happy for Hope, Porter and again, Tollit, for their goals. Main concern for me being the obvious way Dorking had the run of the pitch, space to attack unchallenged and scoring two identi-kit goals. Sheridan must be fuming. The crowd were amazing, with over 8000 being incredible for this league.

I feel some loan players may be needed but how to get any of reasonable quality and commitment is going to be a tough ask.

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I know I'll get shot down by the "a win is a win" lads and girls, but that performance was completely unacceptable...

It was not great by any means and we have to appreciate that although Dorking are newcomers from a league below, they are there on merit, as are Latics. I am not familiar with Dorking's comings and goings during close season but they look like a team who are used to playing together. I think Latics have yet to gel and they need to do it sooner rather than later.

Over to you, John Sheridan.

I'm not a fan of the formation we are playing.   It was allowing too much space down both flanks as the wingbacks struggled to pick up 2 men at times.   I think we also need a replacement for Stobbs as he's poor,  his crossing ability is non exsistant.   On different day the forwards missing some of the chances we had could also cost us.  Hope could and should have had at least a brace maybe even a hattrick in the first half. 

Archived