MATCH: vs Dorking Wanderers (H) 13/08/22

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Posts like this (even though they are not being totally serious just shit banter) and the Billy big bollocks attitudes are starting to make me want us to lose 1-0 please stop.

Oh I'd say it's pretty much nailed on to be 0-1.  It's my Prediction League guess.  We've seen similar shows to this before...

That said, I didn't realise Dorking and Wealdstone are the only part-time teams in the division.  If we're serious about troubling the top of the division, we can't be pricking about in these two games.

8 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Oh I'd say it's pretty much nailed on to be 0-1.  It's my Prediction League guess.  We've seen similar shows to this before...

That said, I didn't realise Dorking and Wealdstone are the only part-time teams in the division.  If we're serious about troubling the top of the division, we can't be pricking about in these two games.

Ofcourse but let's not forget we are playing these sides on merit and we have to earn the right to beat them.

22 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Frustrating that their abiding memory of BP will be of a sundrenched brolier of a venue. 
All Southern teams should be sent up here between Nov and Feb. 

The Ricky Holden comment about (was it Ipswich) players in tights and knowing they didn't fancy it. Could be tight for fixtures in this league with that window. 

We are in this division on merit and should not be be dismissive of any of our opposition and show them respect, our home record for  a number of years has been abysmal, we have not exactly been free scoring in pre season so with these factors in mind would take a 1-0 trying to bring some momentum for our home form.

I’m sorry but saying 5-0 isn’t disrespectful, I think 5-0 too. They are a part time team, we’re littered with league players who have been full time for years. They only scraped through the play offs last minute. They will be the willing boys. They only drew sat because chesterfield had banks in net.

Archived