MATCH: vs Dorking Wanderers (H) 13/08/22

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

Both Latics and Dorking are in the National league on merit. So just like any other team that we play we should treat them with respect.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Oldham Athletic 9-0 Dorking Warriors. They're one step up from a pub team and will do well to even get a corner...

‘respect’ duly accorded…👍

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Well… he’s certainly hands on. 

A few months ago I posted on here saying if any young people with any aspirations of running a businness should watch ALMOBO run Oldham Athletic to take note, because that is not how you run a business.

The polar opposite should be said of Frank Rothwell take note of how he's running Oldham Athletic because this is how you do it. I don't expect him to be filling in potholes and cleaning seats but the fact that he's prepared to muck in like that and shows that such tasks are not beneath him, and this type of thing sets the tone for the whole club. Staff will see things like this and they will respect him and go the extra mile and so too will the fans, and we should do too. Its easy saying this in August when everything is still possible but we should remember stuff like this when things don't go to plan, and they will at some point. He's an inspiring character who we need more than he needs us. We shouldn't lose sight of this.

Over 3000 advance tickets sold now with 3700 ST’s, POTD & a fair few complementary tickets given out and a beautiful sunny day you’ve got to be looking at around 8000.

If it wasn’t being televised it could have been close to a sell out for home fans!!

We have to take full advantage and win the game thus keeping the feel good factor going for as long as possible…..the usual Latics way is to make a complete town hall’s of it and we probably will!!

Obviously, dependent on our performance tomorrow, but it will be interesting to see what our attendance is for the Wealdstone match on Tuesday night.

18 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Over 3000 advance tickets sold now with 3700 ST’s, POTD & a fair few complementary tickets given out and a beautiful sunny day you’ve got to be looking at around 8000.

If it wasn’t being televised it could have been close to a sell out for home fans!!

We have to take full advantage and win the game thus keeping the feel good factor going for as long as possible…..the usual Latics way is to make a complete town hall’s of it and we probably will!!

Obviously, dependent on our performance tomorrow, but it will be interesting to see what our attendance is for the Wealdstone match on Tuesday night.

I'm still away on Saturday😬, but will be travelling up from London Town on Tuesday for my sins to watch the Wealdstone game.

I hope a few more may be back from their holibibs and will be keen to support the team in the new era.

6k I reckon Tuesday will be a great effort. Maybe more if we can stuff Dorking👍

40 away fans at the most....🙄

7 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

The Ricky Holden comment about (was it Ipswich) players in tights and knowing they didn't fancy it. Could be tight for fixtures in this league with that window. 

Sergey Baltacha being substituted before he died of hyperthermia. 

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

A few months ago I posted on here saying if any young people with any aspirations of running a businness should watch ALMOBO run Oldham Athletic to take note, because that is not how you run a business.

The polar opposite should be said of Frank Rothwell take note of how he's running Oldham Athletic because this is how you do it. I don't expect him to be filling in potholes and cleaning seats but the fact that he's prepared to muck in like that and shows that such tasks are not beneath him, and this type of thing sets the tone for the whole club. Staff will see things like this and they will respect him and go the extra mile and so too will the fans, and we should do too. Its easy saying this in August when everything is still possible but we should remember stuff like this when things don't go to plan, and they will at some point. He's an inspiring character who we need more than he needs us. We shouldn't lose sight of this.

Agreed. There's also a report in the Oldham Times saying Frank has distributed free tickets to neighbouring houses as a thank you for putting up with match day noise, traffic etc. It's simple little gestures like that that can make such a difference, but could anybody ever imagine ALMOBO having the imagination to do something similar?

If this isn't 3-0 after half hour I'd be making a triple substitution, 15/8 to be leading at H/T and F/T is an absolute steal, Tollit 10's for 1st goal doesn't look bad as does Hogan 8's to score at anytime.

On a serious note I expect us to revert to a 4-4-2, regardless of formation I think Shez go with this 11 although I'd like to see Vaughan and/or Burgess given a run out.

Norman

Clarke

Hogan

McGahey 

Angol

Tollit

Cooper

Sheron

Stobbs

Porter

Hope

10 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Have the bans been lifted or are people still banned just that there’s been nothing on official site

They were looking at each ban individually. I know a few have been lifted. Not sure if they all have yet. 

28 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

They were looking at each ban individually. I know a few have been lifted. Not sure if they all have yet. 

Unsworth on here may know, his lad copped for a ban, the Lemmies and Barry most probably couldn't wait, whilst most people will have had the utmost respect for him as he stuck his head above the parapet. 

14 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Yeah, the club bans will all be rescinded. Just the police ones they can't do anything with. 

The police can't ban anyone, only the courts can (through the police), I'm not aware of anyone charged/summoned and sent to court, are you saying some were?

42 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The police can't ban anyone, only the courts can (through the police), I'm not aware of anyone charged/summoned and sent to court, are you saying some were?

I mean they won't overturn any of the previous banning orders (football violence, racism, pitch encroachment) that were initiated by the police (and have been through the courts). 

The shitty little ones that Barry did will all be overturned. 

We need Topoff on here to let us know the terms and conditions of his. Was it only Oldham games or all league games. I can see that he was attending a lot of non-league games. 

4 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

I mean they won't overturn any of the previous banning orders (football violence, racism, pitch encroachment) that were initiated by the police (and have been through the courts). 

We need Topoff on here to let us know the terms and conditions of his. Was it only Oldham games or all league games. I can see that he was attending a lot of non-league games. 

Ah get you, I don't think any of the Salford game ones went to court and that's what I was referring too

As I've said previously GMP are probably as glad as we are the gimps have left 

3 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

I don’t know George, but know a few people who have had similar bans to him. It was a criminal banning order for the football league and internationals. He would have had to even hand in his passport everytime England were away, and even for the entire duration of any tournaments where England were in it. They are free to attend non-league football.

15 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Ah get you, I don't think any of the Salford game ones went to court and that's what I was referring too

As I've said previously GMP are probably as glad as we are the gimps have left 

From what I've heard, I believe a former club advisor is still on to GMP about certain issues related to Latics...

Archived