MATCH: vs Wealdstone (H) 16/08/22

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we can conclude that teams at this level are more than just cloggers Wealdstone like Dorking have passed the ball far better than us and closed down better than us too. Again we've not grasped the game in the middle of the pitch not quite sure what Cooper is offering us at the moment, Tollit needs to work harder Stobbs is fairly anonymous apart from a couple of good balls in early doors Gardner has done well except for one silly booking.

We've alot of work to do this second half.

I think the problem is the stubborn dinosaur stood on the touchline

Fucking disgraceful performance, we literally don't have a midfield other than Gardner, a defence that doesn't want to pick up runners and a strike force that looks like it's wearing lead boots, no Vaughan again on the bench which is fucking criminal the way these clowns give the ball away. We could still get something out of this but again a team of part timers are giving us the runaround showing more desire and intelligence than 90% of our team tonight, what's with all the fucking strolling around do they not give a fuck?

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I think the problem is the stubborn dinosaur stood on the touchline

Fucking disgraceful performance, we literally don't have a midfield other than Gardner, a defence that doesn't want to pick up runners and a strike force that looks like it's wearing lead boots, no Vaughan again on the bench which is fucking criminal the way these clowns give the ball away. We could still get something out of this but again a team of part timers are giving us the runaround showing more desire and intelligence than 90% of our team tonight, what's with all the fucking strolling around do they not give a fuck?

No. They don’t give a fuck. 

The squad does need improving, but no one can tell me it isn’t enough to at least compete. 

We were outplayed on Saturday for large parts, and it sounds like it’s happening again. 

That is-

In part tactics/formation

In part team selection. 

In part motivation. 

The squad isn’t our biggest issue. . . . but at least we’re trying to sign another goalkeeper. . . 

What amazes me is that roughly half of the current squad - about 13 out of 26 players or thereabouts? - were here last season for relegation from L2. We have a new owner who has been here for 5 minutes, after 30 years of serial mismanagement of the club by successive owners. The club was hours from liquidation apparently and needs to be rebuilt in every detail.

Yet some were apparently expecting winning/great performances from the word go. This isn't Roy of the Rovers. We're down here for a reason. Patience is needed. Whether or not Shez is the man to have us challenging for promotion I don't know, but sacking him after 2 1/2 matches? Seriously?

41 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Get some fresh blood in the commentary box ffs !! Couple of old dodderers these two. “Deary me” from one and “absolutely” from the other. I only know what’s going on in the game thru the crowd noise. It’s terrible. 

First time this season that I've listened to the commentary and followed the twitter updates and I have to agree.  Both really poor and no real enthusiasm.  I'm sure the game and result didn't help but it does need to be better.

Archived