MATCH: vs Wealdstone (H) 16/08/22

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s criminal that Vaughan keeps letting overlooked. Him, Gardner and a competent DM and that midfield would look revitalised.

But there’s more chance of Shez turning into a title winning manager than him picking Vaughan any time soon.

People calling for shez to go. Clueless! The guy got more change out of last seasons flops than anyone else. The ownership issue obv has contributed to this seasons squad as the takeover was too late to impact signings but guessing this was as good as we could get. And we are def bang av for the league. Not sure anyone else would be getting much more from them at this stage. 

let’s see if we can now get some loans in and improve. Changing manager is the last thing we need. Anyone expecting a promotion push after a window when ALMO were still in charge is deluded 

2 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

People calling for shez to go. Clueless! The guy got more change out of last seasons flops than anyone else. The ownership issue obv has contributed to this seasons squad as the takeover was too late to impact signings but guessing this was as good as we could get. And we are def bang av for the league. Not sure anyone else would be getting much more from them at this stage. 

let’s see if we can now get some loans in and improve. Changing manager is the last thing we need. Anyone expecting a promotion push after a window when ALMO were still in charge is deluded 

Who is our most creative, hard working and exciting young player? 

Just now, kowenicki said:

Who is our most creative, hard working and exciting young player? 

Im guessing u are pointing at Vaughan based on a few comments in here recently on him. What’s having him in the team got to do with anything. It was the right call last year not to play the kids when we were in a dire relegation scrap and he must feel he’s not up to it at the moment. Not sure ur experience and knowledge of him from watching him 8 months ago trumps the management team who seem him every day. If they ain’t picking him I’m satisfied coz if he was all what u say he’s def be in the team 

Cooper is a complete passenger in this side. Sheron is a defensive midfielder by trade isn’t he? Not his biggest fan, but McGahey needs bringing in with Sheron taking Cooper out who i’m surprised we signed after he didn’t exactly look fantastic pre-season. 
Stobbs must have something on Shez. We need a replacement ASAP! 
Hope runs about a lot, but is generally crap. We are desperate for a small nippy striker who can run in behind Porter or Fondop. 
I also think we need a better keeper. 

11 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Im guessing u are pointing at Vaughan based on a few comments in here recently on him. What’s having him in the team got to do with anything. It was the right call last year not to play the kids when we were in a dire relegation scrap and he must feel he’s not up to it at the moment. Not sure ur experience and knowledge of him from watching him 8 months ago trumps the management team who seem him every day. If they ain’t picking him I’m satisfied coz if he was all what u say he’s def be in the team 

He’s good enough to be on the bench and get a chance in this team.  No question about it. 

14 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

How do you know it was the right call to not play the kids ? They might have given an extra fuck and kept us up. 

14 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

But they see Stobbs in training every day too.

2 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'm a Shez fan and, as bad a result as tonight is, I would give him a lot more time to see how this season pans out.

That said, there were changes that needed to be made after the end of the Dorking game and he didn't make them.  Also some questionable mid-game decisions too.

We need to make some changes on Saturday, and a couple of signings wouldn't go amiss if the budget allows.

The team is not playing with any cohesion, simply receiving a pass and laying it off is not proving natural, they’re having to take their time and think about everything they’re trying to do!

I think we have a few half decent players who have managed to compete at this level before but as a collective we are dreadful!

That game was a continuation of Saturday’s debacle and absolutely nothing has changed which is just weird!

The team shape is nonexistent  and regardless of the quality of the players you have to put that down to the coaching.

Gardner looks like a pro playing in a pub team and is the only player of ours who’d get in a Dorking or Wealdstone part time eleven!

I was embarrassed by our display on Saturday but thought it was probably a one off and that lessons would be learned, tonight proved that it wasn’t, and that they weren’t!

It’s very early to be questioning the coaching staff but two shocking performances against the part timers of this league does not auger well.

I’m all for giving managers time if I think that things will improve….I’m not sure that under Sheridan they will!

1 hour ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Obvs not at the game but just seen a video of that Fondop offside on Twitter. 

1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

That's a disgraceful decision 

For those that don't have Twitter

FWIW, I'm not convinced he is onside. The angle isn't great but when Hope knocks it back across goal, Fondop looks like he may be in front of the ball and also in front of the last defender.

But my eyesight is far from the best.

28 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We started 4411 with Hope on wing and Tolitt behind Porter. 
Changed to 532 with Stobbs and Angol as wing backs when was 2-0 down. Hope up top with Porter. 

Thanks, so given people are saying 2nd half was better than 1st, we looked better playing with 3 centre halfs? I agree with Daniel - would like to see 4-4-2 with McGahey partnering Hogan. Sheron & Gardner as CM. Hope & Tolllit on the wings. Porter & Fondop up front. 

Highlight of the night was seeing Darren Royle and Jimmy Schofield pissing their pants when Stobbs was named man of the match along with most of those in the home teams directors box, embarrassed for the lad and if that reaction doesn't persuade Shez to drop him then nothing will. He's played against two part time teams and done absolutely nothing.

To be fair he was ably abetted by Jordon Clarke tonight who somehow was even worse, our right hand side must be the worst in the National League with them two.

Sheron is no centre half, I'm less convinced the more I see him in there, Angol probably had his best game for us and at least crossed the half way line several times tonight. Hogan didn't have his best game but spent most the night trying to mop up Clarkes inability to pass to a team mate and his tendency to surrender possession in dangerous areas. 

Cooper off the pace tonight, I think his inconsistency will be his downfall, Tollitt bagged another but gives the ball away at will in dangerous areas, Gardner played some lovely football but there is nobody at all on his wavelength and I mean nobody. Stobbs worked hard but he is hopelessly out of his depth, feel sorry for him tbh.

Porter, shouldn't of played tonight and I thought Hope was the man of the match, played with the right attitude from the off and deserved a goal, Fondop just needs a goal but I keep saying that. Thought Burgess did okay but he wouldn't even consider Stobbs as an option and kept cutting inside, he was probably right but it made it easy for Wealdstone.

Deflated after that, how can a team playing in front of nearly 7000 fans on a Tuesday night in the National League play with so little desire, I'm fucking embarrassed for them and if they don't fancy it they should fuck off now, strolling around like it's a pre season game, tactically so naive as well, strikers pressing and the defence sitting off about 60 yards it's like we are playing as two separate teams, them pay on the dayers will soon be fucking it off if we continue to roll over and have our bellies tickled by part time footballers. 

8 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

How do you know it was the right call to not play the kids ? They might have given an extra fuck and kept us up. 

Because the professional football manager with years of experience chose not to do it. I’m not sure any fan who hasn’t played at that level or that many games can really comment 

6 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

FWIW, I'm not convinced he is onside. The angle isn't great but when Hope knocks it back across goal, Fondop looks like he may be in front of the ball and also in front of the last defender.

Agreed.

Because the professional football manager with years of experience chose not to do it. I’m not sure any fan who hasn’t played at that level or that many games can really comment 

blimey…

Although it's a fact most professional managers don't last long because of poor decisions 

33 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

I agree with the sentiment, but we were so badly organised tonight. Chasing shadows. Against a team, most of whom are probably doing a proper day's work tomorrow!

They were better than us in every department. I don't believe this set of players should have been so outclassed by this opposition. 

We couldn't pass, control, man mark and only seemed to have one midfielder who seemed intent on getting sent off for the second time in two games. Fair play to Wealdstone, they looked better than a lot of league teams we've played, but that might have been because we made it so easy for them..

5 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

That same manager is starting Jack Stobbs every game. 

8 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

I hope you didn't comment on how poorly ALMO ran the club seen as you've never run a club at this level.

16 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

When I looked at it first time, I thought it was knocked in at the back post, didn't realise it was played back across goal...

Archived