MATCH: vs Wealdstone (H) 16/08/22

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Bender changed the title to MATCH: vs Wealdstone (H) 16/08/22
  • Bender featured this topic

Be tempted to play a 4-1-3-2 with the players available, getting constantly overrun was a major worry from Saturday so I'd be tempted to go;

Norman

Clarke

Hogan

McGahey

Angol

Sheron

Cooper

Gardner 

Tollitt

Porter

Hope

Expect us to win tonight despite not quite clicking yet.

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Be tempted to play a 4-1-3-2 with the players available, getting constantly overrun was a major worry from Saturday so I'd be tempted to go;

Norman

Clarke

Hogan

McGahey

Angol

Sheron

Cooper

Gardner 

Tollitt

Porter

Hope

I've got nothing really to base this on but I'd be very surprised to see Porter start any Tuesday games if he has played the previous Saturday...

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I've got nothing really to base this on but I'd be very surprised to see Porter start any Tuesday games if he has played the previous Saturday...

Good point, be interesting to see who he goes with then as I suspect you are right particularly as we have a long trip to Southend Friday. 

46 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Norman

Clarke

Hogan

McGahey

Angol

Sheron

Cooper

Gardner 

Tollitt

Porter

Hope

This. We looked so much better with a flat back 4 when shez came in last season.

24 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It would have to be Fondop after the "performance" Luamba put in on Saturday...

Luamba was lucky I thought not to get a red card on Saturday.  Only seen him live twice, then and away at Port Vale last season, and seen absolutely nothing from him.  Too small a sample size to make any conclusions though.

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Luamba was lucky I thought not to get a red card on Saturday.  Only seen him live twice, then and away at Port Vale last season, and seen absolutely nothing from him.  Too small a sample size to make any conclusions though.

I have to agree. I've seen him a fair few times and can only recall being impressed once (Bristol at home last season). Obviously still only a young lad but he needs to start showing a bit of form or else it's going to be a loan move to Fylde before gradually dropping out of football...

13 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

He’s the fastest player in the league according to data (as mention on BPAS).. however he didn’t seem keen to do a lot closing down on Saturday.

Couldn't believe I was seeing that on Saturday, gave the ball away at will and basically just stood there and watched them stroll through us despite having the freshest legs on the pitch, I'd be fucking embarrassed showing that little desire to track back in a ten or fifteen minute cameo. Same for Fondop as well but he looks 3 stone heavier than he needs to be.

Luamba needs to go out on loan for game time….his 1st touch is shocking for a pro footballer. As for Fondop he’s naturally a big lad….maybe a few pounds off could be advantageous but 3 stone…..give over!!😆

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Couldn't believe I was seeing that on Saturday, gave the ball away at will and basically just stood there and watched them stroll through us despite having the freshest legs on the pitch, I'd be fucking embarrassed showing that little desire to track back in a ten or fifteen minute cameo. Same for Fondop as well but he looks 3 stone heavier than he needs to be.

Shez usually likes his forwards to "stay up top" so may have been under orders, but both him and Fondop could have shown a bit more desire.

Archived