Hallam hope

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why sign strikers for a month then never start them as in the case of Carty and McGlynn?

Abraham subbed too after being crazily asked to play on his own up front.

I dont know who's suggesting the recruitment, but they want changing now.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Why sign strikers for a month then never start them as in the case of Carty and McGlynn?

McGlynn was a Shez signing, probably took Abraham off to save him for the League, the game was already lost, not sure about Carty.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

The thing is, I don’t think there’s a single player in the squad who should 100% be starting but isn’t. So it’s a constant experiment to see what might work. 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

The thing is, I don’t think there’s a single player in the squad who should 100% be starting but isn’t. So it’s a constant experiment to see what might work. 

Yet it doesn't work whatever so as Unsworth said himself why keep picking the same players?, if Maynard, Cooper, Clarke or Leutwiler never play for us again it wouldn't bother me a jot.

Play kids and loanees till the end of the season, we might even pick up a fee for one of the younger lads if they were given a chance.

51 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yet it doesn't work whatever so as Unsworth said himself why keep picking the same players?, if Maynard, Cooper, Clarke or Leutwiler never play for us again it wouldn't bother me a jot.

Play kids and loanees till the end of the season, we might even pick up a fee for one of the younger lads if they were given a chance.

We'd be no worse off with John Cooper Clarke in the team!

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Didn't the podcast (who have held audiences with board members) say we had a new head of recruitment...?

15 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Didn't the podcast (who have held audiences with board members) say we had a new head of recruitment...?

Think Unsworth said it in his pre match interview as well. 

9 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Think Unsworth said it in his pre match interview as well. 

He did but it takes time and even now the club is probably an hard sell which is why we seem to 'attract' the players we do, add to that we've been booed off every half since Wrexham at home barring the Yeovil game and it's not difficult to understand why we struggle to attract anybody to the club.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

He did but it takes time and even now the club is probably an hard sell which is why we seem to 'attract' the players we do, add to that we've been booed off every half since Wrexham at home barring the Yeovil game and it's not difficult to understand why we struggle to attract anybody to the club.

all pro Footballers read #oafc for the laughs

Archived