Hallam hope

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Some 20 something lad for who the National League is his level isn't going to know, never mind care, about our training facilities or how the club has developed/is developing of the pitch.

Just like most supporters, thinking about it..... 

I reckon he is if he is going to have to go there everyday of the week and has more than one offer on the table.

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yep that aswell might mean we have to pay a few off or atleast meet them halfway on the remainder of their contracts.

If you were that poor a footballer with a slim to zero chance of getting similar money at another club….would you meet them halfway?

I certainly wouldn’t!!

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

We can't have two years of getting slapped by the likes of Bromley whilst they sort their shit out, not least because the fans won't be there to fund it. They need to get in the real world, change course and put some proper money into the first team now, academies and B teams can wait.

Exactly this.

This essential infrastructure is going to be so much harder to achieve if we drop down the leagues in the interim..

4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Just for us or for all clubs?

Are players all gonna stay where they are until it's been ridden out? 

I have no idea, it seems the wrong kind of investment. If I had cash, British lower league football would be the last market I'd be looking at right now.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

We can't have two years of getting slapped by the likes of Bromley whilst they sort their shit out, not least because the fans won't be there to fund it. They need to get in the real world, change course and put some proper money into the first team now, academies and B teams can wait.

If improvements happen, they will happen incrementally though. It isn't likely to be 2 years of being thrashed then suddenly it clicks and we're challenging for the title.

It'll take time for Unsworth to implement his style, it'll take time for the squad to be improved, it'll take time to see the benefits from the positive changes the club are looking to make. But the idea being that over time things will get better bit by bit.

The club are clearly looking at the whole thing as a long term project to try and bring success. It seems we have a section of the fan base that aren't prepared to wait for that - we should just spend all our money on better players right now.  And if I knew how to upload pictures I'd stick one of Veruca Salt in here.

7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If you were that poor a footballer with a slim to zero chance of getting similar money at another club….would you meet them halfway?

I certainly wouldn’t!!

I don't know give them a pay off and go to another club straight away meaning you get a decent chunk of money upfront plus you are still earning a wage and even playing more regularly will appeal to some rather than just running the contract down and kicking your heels for another 8-9 months.

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Exactly this.

This essential infrastructure is going to be so much harder to achieve if we drop down the leagues in the interim..

Starting to wonder if Royle has manoeuvred himself into his position by playing on the naivety of the Rothwells, he can't possibly think things will get better without spending any money on the team and that fans will keep turning up in numbers regardless.

21 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Have we? Really?

Well I think so, yes.  he is someone who has worked at a top level academy for a considerable period of time and you can't blag that for that long.   I've no doubt that he has a good reputation in the game

31 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Some 20 something lad for who the National League is his level isn't going to know, never mind care, about our training facilities or how the club has developed/is developing of the pitch.

Just like most supporters, thinking about it..... 

Unless you are on an Eyresesque wind up that's just weird.  If a player has two options and is shown round what is on offer at each do you think that won't influence his choice?  Especially when one option is from a club that the whole world knows has been a basket case for years.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Starting to wonder if Royle has manoeuvred himself into his position by playing on the naivety of the Rothwells, he can't possibly think things will get better without spending any money on the team and that fans will keep turning up in numbers regardless.

I think it was pretty obvious the owners were probably reluctant to fund Sheridan if for whatever reason his position was under scrutiny.

We are just ‘one game in’ under a new coach and you’re coming out with this sort of shit!!

You need to give them a little more time FFS!!!

17 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Judging by the state of our finances just 2 months ago I would say we are the luckiest!!

Frank will have invested more money to date than the Lemmies did in 4 years!!!

Well, the land sale hasn't gone through yet and Mr Lemsagam reckoned he put 6 million in so I'm not sure...

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

I have no idea, it seems the wrong kind of investment. If I had cash, British lower league football would be the last market I'd be looking at right now.

Could take advantage of the current economic state and offer little Eastleigh 30 grand for Whitehall, knowing that they're desperate for money...

16 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

If improvements happen, they will happen incrementally though. It isn't likely to be 2 years of being thrashed then suddenly it clicks and we're challenging for the title.

It'll take time for Unsworth to implement his style, it'll take time for the squad to be improved, it'll take time to see the benefits from the positive changes the club are looking to make. But the idea being that over time things will get better bit by bit.

The club are clearly looking at the whole thing as a long term project to try and bring success. It seems we have a section of the fan base that aren't prepared to wait for that - we should just spend all our money on better players right now.  And if I knew how to upload pictures I'd stick one of Veruca Salt in here.

Surely we are entitled to a bit of new owner bounce though? Other than not being the Lemsagams has anything of importance actually changed?

13 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Could take advantage of the current economic state and offer little Eastleigh 30 grand for Whitehall, knowing that they're desperate for money...

We have to spend and some of the players like Whirehall are worth spending money on albelt his antics after scoring did not  enamer him to our fans!

Some of these teams are owned by millionaires who have decided to spend on players rather than their grounds  by the looks of Bromley and Co.. It would be a shame if we lost our new support due to the poor team we have .Even the games we have won we had an element of luck.

Surely we are entitled to a bit of new owner bouncethough? Other than not being the Lemsagams has anything of importance actually changed?

We are debt free, crowds have doubled, we have a forward thinking coach who aims to improve our academy, a reserve team in the pipeline, corporate earnings are up and merchandise sales are through the roof……..apart from that, it’s as you were!😂

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We are debt free, crowds have doubled, we have a forward thinking coach who aims to improve our academy, a reserve team in the pipeline, corporate earnings are up and merchandise sales are through the roof……..apart from that, it’s as you were!😂

But you missed out the bit that the team is actually worse than last season....so surely some of the money from above could be used help put a better product on the pitch?

Just now, Londonboy said:

But you missed out the bit the team is actually worse than last season....so surely some of the money from above could be used help put a better product on the pitch?

Like I said….give them some time!!

15 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Surely we are entitled to a bit of new owner bounce though? Other than not being the Lemsagams has anything of importance actually changed?

What would you like them to have done or what do you think they should have done by now that they haven't?

Archived