Hallam hope

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

all his best seasons came from LM/LW, 

he even requested the 11 shirt.

started this season on the left and looks a bit more like a Footballer.

Left of a front three yes, if you want to see what a wide left player looks like in an Unsworth formation have a look at where Luamba found himself today, on the touchline about level with his own area, shocking shape to the team, although by the sound of it he's trying to disassociate himself from the shitshow and what the lads are doing out on the pitch already.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Left of a front three yes, if you want to see what a wide left player looks like in an Unsworth formation have a look at where Luamba found himself today, on the touchline about level with his own area, shocking shape to the team, although by the sound of it he's trying to disassociate himself from the shitshow and what the lads are doing out on the pitch already.

true true

neither Luamba nor Hope is a LWB tho fuckinell that best not be the plan

l only listened via wireless and l possibly drifted off at points but l can only remember Luamba's name as Blake did his defiance bit. 

14 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

true true

neither Luamba nor Hope is a LWB tho fuckinell that best not be the plan

l only listened via wireless and l possibly drifted off at points but l can only remember Luamba's name as Blake did his defiance bit. 

I reckon he's playing 5 at the back because the 3 centre backs are probably the best players in team, however with full backs not wing backs the tactic lends itself to playing deep. Also the majority of midfielders we have are defensive minded so thats why the situation is as it is.

This can only be addressed by recruiting forward thinking players.

I was surprised after watching Rooney in training he looked effective playing just behind Fondop, yet in the Chester match he played more as a central midfielder. 

Why change what you were doing in training?

As I mentioned Gardner should not have started this game, a full blooded cup tie where he was obviously not up to pace. 

If we have to start players who are about 75% fit it's a poor reflection on the quality of the squad.

Looks like Wellens and Couto who can play as wing backs won't be considered and Harry Vaughan is in the wilderness. In the meantime the same displays are repeated over and over again like groundhog day.

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I reckon he's playing 5 at the back because the 3 centre backs are probably the best players in team, however with full backs not wing backs the tactic lends itself to playing deep. Also the majority of midfielders we have are defensive minded so thats why the situation is as it is.

I was surprised after watching Rooney in training he looked effective playing just behind Fondop, yet in the Chester match he played more as a central midfielder. 

As I mentioned Gardner should not have started this game, a full blooded cup tie where he was obviously not up to pace. 

If we have to start players who are about 75% fit it's a poor reflection on the quality of the squad.

Looks like Wellens and Couto who can play as wing backs won't be considered and Harry Vaughan is in the wilderness. In the meantime the same displays are repeated over and over again like groundhog day.

Carragher looks the only player fit enough to play as a wing back, quite enjoy his little sorties, he really is the only player driving us forward at times and he's a relatively inexperienced centre half. 

37 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Carragher looks the only player fit enough to play as a wing back, quite enjoy his little sorties, he really is the only player driving us forward at times and he's a relatively inexperienced centre half. 

Hopefully it will lead to a back 4, but who will play as the other wing back?

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

l think he is playing a back 8 bc he is trying not to lose and build a solid base. its crawling along very very slowly and 'working' would, obviously, be stretching the description somewhat.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Back in the squad for the 'Hollywood' Cup, probably on the bench.

Will he pick up where he left off?

I.e a workhorse who is a bit shit but puts in a shift? Perhaps, but I think he might need 20 games to get National League match fit.

He really isn't the messiah. He's shit. Tiny Tim is far better.

8 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I.e a workhorse who is a bit shit but puts in a shift? Perhaps, but I think he might need 20 games to get National League match fit.

He really isn't the messiah. He's shit. Tiny Tim is far better.

you forgot to shout 'FOUR, FOUR, FUCKIN TWO!!!'

Archived