Hallam hope

56 minutes ago, Wardie said:

"bewildering silence" is spot-on, Ackey.

As fans and being concerned about one of our own players, why are the club not updating on his recovery toward a return to football? I think we all know his injuries are bad and it could take a while, alongside his confidence, I think it would also be beneficial to Hope if he knew we were concerned for his wellbeing.

We don't need to know about any criminal charge proceedings etc.

Would it be cheesy for the club to put up a page where fans could leave a message of well wishes and the lad could read them for himself? Positivity aids recovery and all that.

Maybe I'm just getting soft in my old age.

Have you written a letter or email to the club asking how he is with a message of well wishes?

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Owing to the fact that Hope was going to score 37 goals this season can we get some money off the perpetrator for costing us our promotion? 

if Hallam is awarded compo by a legal court then, as you can not be compensated twice, any wages we have paid him would be deducted from the settlement and paid to us (provided we have been paying him).

that is what happened to me after that bad one l had which some of you know about.

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

I'm not complaining about the lack of a way to do so

I'm complaining about a lack of information on the progress of an injured player. In fact, I'm not actually complaining, I am pointing out what appears to be a lack of concern from the club in keeping the fans informed.

Do you not find it strange that there had been absolutely zilch on how he is or when he is expected to be back in training? Communication is key, in any form of business.

5 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I'm complaining about a lack of information on the progress of an injured player. In fact, I'm not actually complaining, I am pointing out what appears to be a lack of concern from the club in keeping the fans informed.

Do you not find it strange that there had been absolutely zilch on how he is or when he is expected to be back in training? Communication is key, in any form of business.

I hope he's OK and very quickly. Do other clubs constantly provide this information?

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I hope he's OK and very quickly. Do other clubs constantly provide this information?

Of course, as I'm sure we all do.

I don't really know regarding the other clubs, I can only refer back to when the Latics official website used to have a section on the progress of injured players and when they would be back in training or in contention. To be honest, I'm not sure when this ceased to be the case.

It seems to me to be a courtesy to fans to keep them updated. It's all good and well knowing there is a multi-faith prayer room but what is happening re: Maynard, Hogan, Hope, Windass etc?

I'm in no way disregarding what they have done to save the club, I can't thank them enough but something so simple as injury updates must be easy to do. I just don't get the exclusion of this.

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Of course, as I'm sure we all do.

I don't really know regarding the other clubs, I can only refer back to when the Latics official website used to have a section on the progress of injured players and when they would be back in training or in contention. To be honest, I'm not sure when this ceased to be the case.

It seems to me to be a courtesy to fans to keep them updated. It's all good and well knowing there is a multi-faith prayer room but what is happening re: Maynard, Hogan, Hope, Windass etc?

I'm in no way disregarding what they have done to save the club, I can't thank them enough but something so simple as injury updates must be easy to do. I just don't get the exclusion of this.

You'll normally only ever get a rough "he's our for a couple of months" or he has a slight knock. Managers don't want other clubs knowing in advance what team they're likely to pick. Unsworth alluded to as much in recent interview 

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

That was 3 weeks ago….however the club did say this….

“Whilst the investigation is continuing Oldham Athletic will make no further comment on the incident.”

I can understand that but what I can’t understand is why there has been no update on his condition and progress as to his possible return to fitness.

I find it very strange and wonder whether there is a lot more to it than we’ve actually been told!

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You'll normally only ever get a rough "he's our for a couple of months" or he has a slight knock. Managers don't want other clubs knowing in advance what team they're likely to pick. Unsworth alluded to as much in recent interview 

You're not wrong, but it's very frustrating. I find this whole secrecy thing extremely baffling, we're in the National League, not the Premiership. I would, however, appreciate a tad more transparency for the fans who are interested enough.

Thanks for your thoughts, mcfluff.

7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

That was 3 weeks ago….however the club did say this….

“Whilst the investigation is continuing Oldham Athletic will make no further comment on the incident.”

I can understand that but what I can’t understand is why there has been no update on his condition and progress as to his possible return to fitness.

I find it very strange and wonder whether there is a lot more to it than we’ve actually been told!

Struck my mind as well and I suppose it could account for the lack of info but a general comment on how the guy is doing or how the club is supporting him would not go astray. It's not like this kind of incident is an every day occurrence and they don't have to go into detail, just a " Yes, he is progressing with recovery, the club is supporting his rehabilitation, he is expected to resume training..."

They don't have to comment on the incident itself.

As a reminder of the stickied post at the top of the page guys - please don't speculate as to the name of the person arrested. 

Participation Notice.

Hi everyone, due to the nature of the situation we will be monitoring this thread. We ask that you please remember that this is a public forum for all to view - any comments which deem to be problematic will be removed. 

Thanks for your help.

OWTB Team.

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Hope's back around the club apparently

Good for the lad! Get those boots back on as soon as possible.

34 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Hope he isn't mentally scarred from it. 

I got my cheekbone fractured in that alley between Chicago Rock and Liquid by a scally's Rockport. 

Didn't bother me though. 

I got a duffing on a way home from a night out after taking the Featherstall Road route and being in the "wrong area". Police did nothing apart from advise me to be more sensible. I lost a bit of confidence in myself but the old swagger returned, eventually.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

do we all like him aswell now or is this jus some mad sympathy/absence thing?

I can’t speak for others Monty but personally,  i’m just happy for Hallam, (and I’m sure that many others are) that he’s back in work following the injuries he sustained as a result of a possible criminal act. 

Archived