Oldham v Wrexham

42 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

We wont be moving fans, wrexham will be going off info the last time they played us!

The whole reason we moved the away fans to the chaddy was it was easier to get them from the chaddy to the Coaches at the away car park and onto the motorway than have them at the RRE.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the initial error is from Wrexham, but it has nicely fallen into the owner's hands as it has turned out to be an unofficial debate on the subject of moving stands.

It has saved them putting out an opinion poll now as I think it shows the vast majority want to stay in the RRE.

18 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Why would the club create piss boils in the way Abdallah and shitpeas would, makes zero sense on every level and will do nothing to keep a lid on those who feel there has been little progress, 

14 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

The whole reason we moved the away fans to the chaddy was it was easier to get them from the chaddy to the Coaches at the away car park and onto the motorway than have them at the RRE.

10 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

I think the initial error is from Wrexham, but it has nicely fallen into the owner's hands as it has turned out to be an unofficial debate on the subject of moving stands.

It has saved them putting out an opinion poll now as I think it shows the vast majority want to stay in the RRE.

Some factual correction here:

1.) Barry was on the board when it was decided to move away fans to the Chaddy End. This was done without any significant consultation and seemed to be based from a fan survey where it wasn’t specified why it was being asked.

The fact that the manager at the time was a former player who once flicked the V’s at the Chaddy might not have been a coincidence. 

2.) The away car park is only the away car park because that’s where the away fans are. There’s nothing stopping the car park behind the RRE becoming the away car park, nor that side of the main car park. As away buses have regularly been attacked by stones (for those involved the consequences for doing that against Wrexham might be significantly worse than the consequences against other clubs - you do not want to wait hours in various A&E departments) it doesn’t seem to have much luck in stopping trouble.

3.) The Athleticos started in the Chaddy End, they can still make noise in the Chaddy End. The Chaddy End is the traditional home end and will be for years to come. Having only been in the RRE once I can’t comment about the comparison of the facilities between both ends. The acoustics argument was regularly put to bed by various away followings since the move, if enough people get to together to make noise it doesn’t matter what end they are in. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

1.) Barry was on the board when it was decided to move away fans to the Chaddy End. This was done without any significant consultation and seemed to be based from a fan survey where it wasn’t specified why it was being asked.

The fact that the manager at the time was a former player who once flicked the V’s at the Chaddy might not have been a coincidence. 

2.) The away car park is only the away car park because that’s where the away fans are. There’s nothing stopping the car park behind the RRE becoming the away car park, nor that side of the main car park. As away buses have regularly been attacked by stones (for those involved the consequences for doing that against Wrexham might be significantly worse than the consequences against other clubs - you do not want to wait hours in various A&E departments) it doesn’t seem to have much luck in stopping trouble.

3.) The Athleticos started in the Chaddy End, they can still make noise in the Chaddy End. The Chaddy End is the traditional home end and will be for years to come. Having only been in the RRE once I can’t comment about the comparison of the facilities between both ends. The acoustics argument was regularly put to bed by various away followings since the move, if enough people get to together to make noise it doesn’t matter what end they are in. 

You asked the Athleticos if they want to move then? I'd hazard a guess at no.

Mark it down as yet another major own-goal by Oldham Athletic if it happens. 

We're going to be in this league for a very long time and we might even up having a brief trip to the league below. No way on earth is there going to be sustained demand to hand over the full RRE to the likes of Eastleigh etc.

Wrexham fans themselves are *hoping* they can stretch past 2.5k sales. I'm sure in recent seasons Port Vale, Tranmere and Bradford have brought more than that and we have coped just fine!

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

The Chaddy is a dump and I say that as someone who swapped it for the main stand of all places 

On 9/9/2022 at 8:01 PM, Millibob said:

Don't quote me on this, I do have old-timers but I am sure I read/heard/had a dream/made it up in the pub - but I am sure (see previous comments) we announced that we were going to turn the Rochdale Road end into the away end and the Chadderton Road stand as the home/family stand.

:peepwall:

Proper pipe dream that 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You asked the Athleticos if they want to move then? I'd hazard a guess at no.

Ah sarcasm the lowest form of wit.

They didn't get asked the first time, neither did anyone else, they moved which was my point. I don't have a dog in this fight, I was merely ensuring the right facts about the move to the RRE from the Caddy were noted.

35 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

They didn't get asked the first time, neither did anyone else, they moved which was my point. I don't have a dog in this fight, I was merely ensuring the right facts about the move to the RRE from the Caddy were noted.

errrrrr.......

3 hours ago, GKing521 said:

Mark it down as yet another major own-goal by Oldham Athletic if it happens. 

We're going to be in this league for a very long time and we might even up having a brief trip to the league below. No way on earth is there going to be sustained demand to hand over the full RRE to the likes of Eastleigh etc.

Wrexham fans themselves are *hoping* they can stretch past 2.5k sales. I'm sure in recent seasons Port Vale, Tranmere and Bradford have brought more than that and we have coped just fine!

I think we,ll sell the initial 2.3k pretty quickly. Probably within a few days. 

6 hours ago, rudemedic said:

... The acoustics argument was regularly put to bed by various away followings since the move, if enough people get to together to make noise it doesn’t matter what end they are in. 

It wasn't... It's true that some decent followings in the Chaddy have made some noise but you've always been able to hear 300 singing in the RRE from the Chaddy louder than the other way round. 

9 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Wrexham have sold out their initial allocation in just 15 mins and will be housed in the Chaddy End.

Thank fuck for that, be some noise in there. Might be 10k+ if we can win a couple before then? Let's face it we should be getting more than 6k home fans in.

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Thank fuck for that, be some noise in there. Might be 10k+ if we can win a couple before then? Let's face it we should be getting more than 6k home fans in.

Best case scenario is that we scab a win against Eastleigh. Losses against Woking and Bromley seem nailed on, it’s just a matter of damage limitation.

I wonder if Shez will walk before this fixture or if this one will be the final straw.

Either way, watching a full away end celebrating an easy win might not interest that many home fans. It will be interesting to see if R&R turn up though! 

15 minutes ago, Red Adair said:

Yep, sold out very quickly. Hoping for another release. 

you can have up to 3500 but probs more like 3200 bc netting. what will we get at your place is it capped at 1800?

lve been tellin everybody this is your cup final but nobody will listen and nobody cares about you.

44 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

you can have up to 3500 but probs more like 3200 bc netting. what will we get at your place is it capped at 1800?

lve been tellin everybody this is your cup final but nobody will listen and nobody cares about you.

Not a cup final by any stretch. Just one of the more local games in this division. You,ll learn.

Tkt allocation at the Racecourse will be around 1200.  Upper and lower tier of the Wrexham lager Stand. (Mold end)

Archived