Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I can’t imagine DU or his staff would know much about this guy and he’s a free agent isn’t he so they can’t have watched him either?

If so it’s probably a recommendation like I believe the majority of Shez’s signings were and look how they turned out!

Not having a go as he might be a good player for us but If I was gambling my future on somebody else’s recommendations  I’d be a little nervous!!

We have a recruitment dept I believe, let’s hope they know a bit about this fella and the subsequent players being targeted by Unsworth.

That's quite a set of assumptions made there.

He played 56 times in 'Premier League 2' where I think Unsworth was managing Everton's youth at the time.

5 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

four left-backs?

Or 8 centre backs depending on what bucket you want to put players in. Someone is going to have to head out the door soon.

I've no idea how good Kitching will be he might be an excellent signing however the squad is looking decidedly bloated in parts.

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Or 8 centre backs depending on what bucket you want to put players in. Someone is going to have to head out the door soon.

I've no idea how good Kitching will be he might be an excellent signing however the squad is looking decidedly bloated in parts.

That’s a good signing for you. Will get up and down the pitch and will win his headers, will definitely impact games for you, the sort you need in the trenches unlike Rooney.

1 minute ago, SCFC said:

That’s a good signing for you. Will get up and down the pitch and will win his headers, will definitely impact games for you, the sort you need in the trenches unlike Rooney.

So would you say he's more a midfielder than a centre back? What's his best position?

He can play wing back or left hand side of a back 3, better as an attacking wing back and as I say he will win more than his fair share of headers, he is over his injury problems now, plenty at County sorry to see him leave.

Were we not asking for competent wing-backs? If Kitching can fulfil this role effectively then we could be on the way to getting decent service to the strikers. Hopefully more to come in and some deadwood cut from the tree.

Unsworth said he would bring players in and he has.

8 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Seems a solid if unspectacular signing. Contract to 2025 seems generous... 

Says we’ve been after him for a while, and he’s had interest from EFL clubs…..perhaps the offer of terms or length of contract has been upped especially after our last two performances?

A two and a half year contract shows we must rate him!

13 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

well maybe he is then and we are stayin 352 😞

I'm not a massive fan, but equally there's nothing inherently wrong with that. The formation (alone) hasn't been the issue. The issue has been that 9 of the 10 outfield players have been within 10 yards of the back 3 and the wingbacks haven't left their own defensive line (never mind their own half!) in that entire time.  If, as the Stockport fans suggest, this lad can actually get up and down the pitch then he could dramatically improve what a back 3/5 looks like.

36 minutes ago, Ackey said:

I'm not a massive fan, but equally there's nothing inherently wrong with that. The formation (alone) hasn't been the issue. The issue has been that 9 of the 10 outfield players have been within 10 yards of the back 3 and the wingbacks haven't left their own defensive line (never mind their own half!) in that entire time.  If, as the Stockport fans suggest, this lad can actually get up and down the pitch then he could dramatically improve what a back 3/5 looks like.

Agreed. Bromley for example have played it for years but their wingbacks are more like midfielders than defenders. Need a replacement for Clarke if this is the way we are going.

1 hour ago, Ackey said:

tbf l liked 352 with the proper players when Dowie did it

Archived