Signing & Player Rumours

3 hours ago, PeteG said:

It's a good signing. I don't think the fact his legs might have gone will be an issue if we sit deep, he will organise, put his head in where it hurts and rally everyone in the dressing room. I would be slightly concerned if I was Unsworth though, because if results don't pick up there's a ready made caretaker manager in there now. 

Keep stirring 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

Canada played a friendly v Bahrain tonight so not sure where that leaves Leutwiler

It looked to be just the MLS based players (who finished their season) in that team so I wouldn't read too much into it, but they'll definitely have Borjan 1st choice, St Clair 2nd, then 1 from 3 for the 3rd and I suspect he'll be ranked 2nd or 3rd of those

4 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

So now we have more centre halves than you can shake a stick at but we desperately need and have all season a decent centre midfield player(s).

Find it a bit of a bizarre signing TBH.

It could be a revolutionary new tactic, 3 centre backs with 3 centre backs in front of them?

10 hours ago, PeteG said:

It's a good signing. I don't think the fact his legs might have gone will be an issue if we sit deep, he will organise, put his head in where it hurts and rally everyone in the dressing room. I would be slightly concerned if I was Unsworth though, because if results don't pick up there's a ready made caretaker manager in there now. 

wtf is a 'ready made caretaker manager' and would/should they not have managed before with such a title?

classic bazza shortsightedness which probably computes as a 'long game' in an obtuse mind.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

wtf is a 'ready made caretaker manager' and would/should they not have managed before with such a title?

classic bazza shortsightedness which probably computes as a 'long game' in an obtuse mind.

I like the word “obtuse” I’ve only ever heard it in the Shawshank Redemption.

Wasn’t it that little dumpling  “Bazza” who let Clarke go on his watch after he swept up all the player of the season awards?.

12 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Wasn’t it that little dumpling  “Bazza” who let Clarke go on his watch after he swept up all the player of the season awards?.

I'll put my tin hat on here. David Wheater should have been an upgrade on Clarke. Of course, he ended up not being but in theory swapping Clarke for Wheater should have left us stronger...

13 hours ago, peanuts2 said:

"And peter clarke sends the latics fans into raptures  as he powers home a header from an injury time corner and breaks Barnets hearts after tollits long range screamer brought the latics level for a second time " 

This should be accompanied by the Titanic music then it's perfect.

I just want him to hold me in his arms then I'd know everything would be alright.

43 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

The reason Barry gave at the fans meeting with a straight face and he was probably thick enough to believe it was that Peter Clarke was too slow and that we wanted to play a high line. We signed Wheater (who wasn't as bad as some make out but certainly didn't have any pace) That fella who kept getting injured and Sonny Sefil.

52 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'll put my tin hat on here. David Wheater should have been an upgrade on Clarke. Of course, he ended up not being but in theory swapping Clarke for Wheater should have left us stronger...

Until the senior management displayed a textbook masterclass of how not to man manage.

Always remember that Owen putting one of his statements out on the real reasons Wheater wasn’t playing.

I enjoyed those statement that the dumpling sent out on a whim. Thank god  he’s been flushed and no longer part of the club.

17 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Until the senior management displayed a textbook masterclass of how not to man manage.

Always remember that Owen putting one of his statements out on the real reasons Wheater wasn’t playing.

I enjoyed those statement that the dumpling sent out on a whim. Thank god  he’s been flushed and no longer part of the club.

I'll quote the full post but my reply is really to the first paragraph. Even before all the Covid issues with Atkinson/Lemsagam, Wheater was very disappointing.

Can't argue with para 2 and 3...

12 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Clarkes legs going is a strange one given he was in the league 2 team of the year last season. Walsall fans may just not realise he's been slow as fuck for 5 years or more.

On their forum they were saying hes a good player but been caught out a few times regarding his lack of pace. But I’ve seen that when he was here.still a brilliant leader at the back and mixes it up a bit. I think “wiki” says he’s a master of the “dark arts” . 

21 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Heard a whisper. Two in next week and one is a striker.........

Not complaining because we'll need all the help we can get at the moment, but surely there's going to be some players leaving soon to offset all these signings?  Our wage bill must be pretty big for this level now.

5 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Not complaining because we'll need all the help we can get at the moment, but surely there's going to be some players leaving soon to offset all these signings?  Our wage bill must be pretty big for this level now.

Including the multiple  backroom staff for a non league club, how many did big Joe have back in our heyday in the EPL? 

Archived