Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I’m a box-to-box midfielder who likes to get on the ball and help the team get on the front foot".

Great news so we will be seeing him cover all the ground from our 6 yard box to the edge our 18 yard box.

On a serious note this sounds like the type of player we need please just take the shackles of him and let him play we can't have a non-existent midfield that just stays in our own half and doesn't support the forwards.aq

On 1/19/2023 at 7:35 AM, Dave_Og said:

Seriously??😂

Read Bounce by Mathew Syed. It is a myth that anyone ever made it at anything based purely on talent. George Best practised harder than anyone. Even so called child prodigies like Mozart get their 10,000 hours in, they just do it early. It's not just volume of practice,it has to be quality, purposeful practice. 

Not everyone can make it by doing lots of practice, but then I never said that. 

9 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Read Bounce by Mathew Syed. It is a myth that anyone ever made it at anything based purely on talent. George Best practised harder than anyone. Even so called child prodigies like Mozart get their 10,000 hours in, they just do it early. It's not just volume of practice,it has to be quality, purposeful practice. 

You said there's no such thing as natural talent. Which is patently bollocks as everyone has pointed out to you. Quit whilst you're behind Micky.

16 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

"I’m a box-to-box midfielder who likes to get on the ball and help the team get on the front foot".

Great news so we will be seeing him cover all the ground from our 6 yard box to the edge our 18 yard box.

On a serious note this sounds like the type of player we need please just take the shackles of him and let him play we can't have a non-existent midfield that just stays in our own half and doesn't support the forwards.aq

Can play elsewhere  DU says, surely he won't use a box to box midfielder sat in front of the back 4 and not allowed to venture past the half way line or even at centre back will he?

On 1/17/2023 at 8:04 PM, wiseowl said:

Checked the web and it was `77 joe. With regard to fans, all I remember as a relatively young lad is Latics hooligans having a running battle after the match with, who my dad referred to, as the "Moss Side Cool Cats". I just remember bricks flying everywhere - it was pretty scary as a young lad. So I don't think it was Northwich fans being bastards - it was the late 70s City thugs on the scene.

No, sorry, I meant Liverpool fans. They were really bad.

21 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

This lad will fit in nicely. 

In April 2022, Shelton was ruled out of the Scunthorpe United fixture after a cotton bud was stuck in his ear, forcing him to go to hospital to remove it.

On the plus side, he's has won three promotions. 

Sounds like a hard tackling midfielder !!  😁

51 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

You said 'there is no such thing as natural talent' which is just nonsense.

49 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Can play elsewhere  DU says, surely he won't use a box to box midfielder sat in front of the back 4 and not allowed to venture past the half way line or even at centre back will he?

So your a box to box midfielder who likes to get forward. Just what I’ve been looking for… I need a left back u fancy it? If not can you play on goal ?

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

We surely won't play a box to box midfielder at centre back.

David Unsworth: "Hold my beer"

Archived