That Alty post match interview

15 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Cavalier football, in other words...we will always score one more than you.
Never going to happen, BP, the modern game doesn't go that way and neither do the players' capabilities.

You don't know that because it's not been tried. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not saying it's right or wrong but I can't think of any (sure there are a few) wingers that play remotely like Holden and Adams did.  Maybe it's all been coached out of them and maybe that's wrong but if they're not out there he can't bring them in

Colclough of Altrincham does, what did fans think of him last night?

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You don't know that because it's not been tried. 

I agree, it should be tried but as I said elsewhere, I don't think the result will be any different because of the weak mentality and lack of commitment from the players. I'm actually wondering if the players are turning against Unsworth, not because of his tactics but because they are not getting the comparatively easy ride they had under Sheridan. Unsworth has mentioned extra training, we now have more of a rigid, professional set-up in place and many of them, perhaps, cannot handle it.

18 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Colclough of Altrincham does, what did fans think of him last night?

I think he needs to be seen playing against a decent team and not the pub team from last night.

59 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I agree, it should be tried but as I said elsewhere, I don't think the result will be any different because of the weak mentality and lack of commitment from the players. I'm actually wondering if the players are turning against Unsworth, not because of his tactics but because they are not getting the comparatively easy ride they had under Sheridan. Unsworth has mentioned extra training, we now have more of a rigid, professional set-up in place and many of them, perhaps, cannot handle it.

I think he needs to be seen playing against a decent team and not the pub team from last night.

But for past misdemeanors he could still be playing in the Championship, thats how good he is.

Just watched it. 

‘It’s a huge rebuild and If we’re given the time we’ll get there.’

‘I can’t stand there and take performances like that, well it won’t be  me standing there.’

He knows he’s under pressure to get results, and I appreciate his honesty. But I find it absolutely amazing that he thinks constantly playing not to lose is how he will stay in the Job. 

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Just watched it. 

‘I can’t stand there and take performances like that, well it won’t be  me standing there.’

He knows he’s under pressure to get results, and I appreciate his honesty. But I find it absolutely amazing that he thinks constantly playing not to lose is how he will stay in the Job. 

Deserves to lose with his approach to the game. Pathetic from him and the rest of the coaching staff. On the podcast pretty sure Matt said other clubs would be jealous of our coaching staff. Will they ? Not the way we setup and play they won’t. 

He portrays this air of authority ("I won't accept...", "No player of mine..." etc etc). It seemed a bit contrived in his first interview but you put it down to generic manager training. It's wearing more and more thin. We were shit under Shez but the two aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm still of the opinion he should get a pre-season but, for me, he's painting it to be a much bigger task than it is. We're not a million miles off and by him saying we are, he seems to be offloading responsibility. This division is wank... There's enough in the squad that he's got to be higher up the table than we are. We're playing postmen FFS.

23 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

But for past misdemeanors he could still be playing in the Championship, thats how good he is.

Well there's the problem - what would attract him to sign for us?  I don't think we're throwing silly money around and if he's that good someone higher up will take a punt on him having matured

35 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Just watched it. 

He's safe for years whilst his pals Darren and Joe are running the club...

21 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Well there's the problem - what would attract him to sign for us?  I don't think we're throwing silly money around and if he's that good someone higher up will take a punt on him having matured

I mentioned him last season when he was a part time player at Altrincham.

10 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Should be signing Colclough and the lad who scored based on yesterday, they stood out a mile.  

That's the problem though. Why would any of these players want to move from a well-run club where they can express themselves and seem to want to play for the shirt and move to us and have their way of playing coached out of them?

8 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

That's the problem though. Why would any of these players want to move from a well-run club where they can express themselves and seem to want to play for the shirt and move to us and have their way of playing coached out of them?

Pay them more. 

48 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I mentioned him last season when he was a part time player at Altrincham.

Yep, we had a great recruitment programme last season.  Reckon he'd have given up whatever he did for a living for a maximum £800pw and a one year contract?

20 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Pay them more. 

Yes that could only work if you offered a massive increase in wages, which we won't. If it is only a slight increase then other factors come into play and being happy at work is one. I believe Nuttall himself didn't want to join us even though everything else was agreed.

33 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Yes that could only work if you offered a massive increase in wages, which we won't. If it is only a slight increase then other factors come into play and being happy at work is one. I believe Nuttall himself didn't want to join us even though everything else was agreed.

Nuttall has better offers from EFL clubs on the table where he will be going in January when their window reopens, I think we were never in for him and it was a bid to show 'intention' to the fans.

I honestly believe the club think they can kid themselves through this season and have a go next, that's why the only word you hear out of the Rothwells is consolidation, problem is we will probably haemorrhage 4000 fans in the process and a greater example of false economy you'll struggle to find, it's like we've won the lottery bought ourselves a Lamborghini and we are trying to run it on donkey piss.

55 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Yep, we had a great recruitment programme last season.  Reckon he'd have given up whatever he did for a living for a maximum £800pw and a one year contract?

How do you know that's what we were paying, pure guesswork on your behalf?

Anyway £800 for a few hours work a week while many people are 

on minimum wage using food banks.

All stems from the greedy premier league with players on inflated salaries.

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Wasn't that the terms of the embargo ?

14 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not guesswork at all.  It was the terms of the embargo.  The other points are irrelevant

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not guesswork at all.  It was the terms of the embargo.  The other points are irrelevant

I'm talking way before the embargo when I  recommended him, and have done several times since.

Nice to see you think those on minimum wage and using food banks are irrelevant.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

I'm talking way before the embargo.  

Nice to hear you think those on minimum wage and using food banks are irrelevant.

Don't be silly, you know full well that's not what I meant.  And you said about an hour ago that you mentioned him last season.

36 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Nuttall has better offers from EFL clubs on the table where he will be going in January when their window reopens, I think we were never in for him and it was a bid to show 'intention' to the fans.

I honestly believe the club think they can kid themselves through this season and have a go next, that's why the only word you hear out of the Rothwells is consolidation, problem is we will probably haemorrhage 4000 fans in the process and a greater example of false economy you'll struggle to find, it's like we've won the lottery bought ourselves a Lamborghini and we are trying to run it on donkey piss.

That is probably true but any decent players in the lower leagues that we go for will also have other offers or are happy where they are and that's why they are playing well and attracting offers.

The point is people just naming players to sign and assume they would want to come to us and then getting annoyed when they don't is just crazy.

Archived