BPAS PODCAST: 7th Nov '22, S3:E14: Wrecked

4 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Not restricted, no.

But it will have a significant impact. Without offering silly money we won't be able to compete with clubs in the football league during the window. 

But once the window closes for them we may be able to compete. However, Football League clubs can sign free agents until the 4th Thursday in March, so we don't have much of an advantage. But we can offer money to clubs if needed.

So "Rhino" needs to do his transfer business before January, otherwise we're writing off January?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Not restricted, no.

But it will have a significant impact. Without offering silly money we won't be able to compete with clubs in the football league during the window. 

But once the window closes for them we may be able to compete. However, Football League clubs can sign free agents until the 4th Thursday in March, so we don't have much of an advantage. But we can offer money to clubs if needed.

True but don't forget we are not looking for players who can compete in League 1 or 2 we are looking for players who can compete and get us pushing up the national league. When the efl clubs strengthen in January it will inevitably mean they will also want to dispose of some of their own players that's where we have to swoop in.

23 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Not restricted, no.

We’ll be able to sign a couple of Everton’s young prospects in the window too if need be won’t we!

38 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If that’s the case I would have thought we’d have done it already…no?

His two young Everton targets are currently out on loan to league clubs so allegedly, on expiry of their current deal, they will join us sometime in January. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We can do it outside of the window too...

I can't find too much information on this but I'm led to believe PL loans can only be sanctioned during the transfer window, you may be more clued up on this than I am but that is what I've been told is the reason we have not taken anyone from Everton yet, Onyango and Dobbin who were set to come in this January are no longer options for us now, apparently. 

8 hours ago, hollandspies said:

His two young Everton targets are currently out on loan to league clubs so allegedly, on expiry of their current deal, they will join us sometime in January. 

Why would they agree, their agents or the club, loan them lower than where they are now? Makes no sense.

8 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I can't find too much information on this but I'm led to believe PL loans can only be sanctioned during the transfer window, you may be more clued up on this than I am but that is what I've been told is the reason we have not taken anyone from Everton yet, Onyango and Dobbin who were set to come in this January are no longer options for us now, apparently. 

Sounds like a load of bollocks. Like when Darren Kelly said he would bring Duncan Watmore with him. 

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Sounds like a load of bollocks. Like when Darren Kelly said he would bring Duncan Watmore with him. 

Don't think Unsworth has said anything to be fair to him, big difference between Sunderlands U8 youth development coach and a guy whose spent years heading up an established PL academy and U23 set up, like I said I'd had it on pretty good authority but I'm being told neither I likely to be coming to us now, Dobbin missed from the spot for Derby against Liverpool in the shootout last night and Onyango is now playing regular football at Fleetwood, something he wasnt doing a couple of months ago. 

28 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Don't think Unsworth has said anything to be fair to him, big difference between Sunderlands U8 youth development coach and a guy whose spent years heading up an established PL academy and U23 set up, like I said I'd had it on pretty good authority but I'm being told neither I likely to be coming to us now, Dobbin missed from the spot for Derby against Liverpool in the shootout last night and Onyango is now playing regular football at Fleetwood, something he wasnt doing a couple of months ago. 

Fair enough mate, the fact one is at Derby on loan and the other Fleetwood I think I could have told you they weren’t event coming here, would be baffling decision for the player and parent club. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

You're obviously well connected with this, but I fail to see the logic in sending two players to a League One club with view to then sending them to a Vauxhall Conference side a few months later...

22 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

You're obviously well connected with this, but I fail to see the logic in sending two players to a League One club with view to then sending them to a Vauxhall Conference side a few months later...

Yeah agreed, does not make sense and would not happen imo. 

This is what i've been saying for weeks. It's ok being well connected but I fail to see how it actually helps because Premier League clubs will be loathed to loan players to such a low level unless they aren't actually well regarded. Being well connected is over egged imo. I'd rather have someone know the ins and outs of the lower leagues, i'm hoping the new head of recruitment does.

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I thought it strange but trust the person I heard it from, like I say we will never know unless Unsworth comes out and confirms it, since I first reported it on here when Unsworth was brought in both have worked their way in to the team at their loan clubs, Dobbin has a much better relationship with Warne since he came in and Onyango who was in and out of the team at Burton is again a regular starter and both are likely to be staying where they are now.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I thought it strange but trust the person I heard it from, like I say we will never know unless Unsworth comes out and confirms it, since I first reported it on here when Unsworth was brought in both have worked their way in to the team at their loan clubs, Dobbin has a much better relationship with Warne since he came in and Onyango who was in and out of the team at Burton is again a regular starter and both are likely to be staying where they are now.

Dobbin played against Liverpool last night, unfortunately missed a pen in the shoot out.

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived