FORUM POLL: Unsworth - what happens next?

Unsworth  

110 members have voted

1. 1. The big question. Do we..

• Give him time.
    • Get rid.

This poll is closed to new votes

It was a massive job he took on…..our close season recruitment was at best absolutely abysmal.

He’s gave them 8 or 9 games to show that they we’re definitely shite!

It must have been like starting a football club from scratch!!

Im still backing him to turn it around and be mid table by February.

Sacking managers every few months does not work, and we should know!!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Yeah no need to panic, let's just keep losing every week and dive head first into relegation again. WOOOO

If 1 win in 14 and being second bottom isn't the time to panic, I don't know when is. When we're already relegated?

Concern and panic aren't the same thing,

Titanic starts to list - concern

Hanging off the back as it goes down - panic

We aren't on the back and out of lifeboats just yet

49 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It was a massive job he took on…..our close season recruitment was at best absolutely abysmal.

He's taken what we had and made them worse. 

He's been allowed to bring in his own players and we're still shit.

I think we're being very generous with this "we're starting all over again" theory. Grimsby had new owners and went straight back up. No ones demanding promotion here. His remit was to stabilise and not make us worse and at the moment he's failing spectacularly. 

3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Concern and panic aren't the same thing,

Titanic starts to list - concern

Hanging off the back as it goes down - panic

We aren't on the back and out of lifeboats just yet

I'd be panicking slightly if the captain of the Titanic had never captained a ship before and kept sailing it into rocks though

2 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I'd be panicking slightly if the captain of the Titanic had never captained a ship before and kept sailing it into rocks though

Whilst experienced he did have a history of mishaps, colliding with a war ship on Titanics sister being one 🤣

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

But even if you say our recruitment before was abysmal, Sheridan and Wright still got 3 wins in 9 games ? Not saying at all we play well under them. But they were hardly backed, and had not even close to the infrastructure Unsworth is operating under. He’s made us worse on the playing front that’s the issue ! He might be good at building the back room side of things, if that’s the case he should be a director of football or take on an advisory / development roles at clubs. He’s certainly showing he’s no coach. 
Someone said shift him to a DOF role and get a coach in. If we can’t pay him off, that’s actually not a bad idea tbh. 

How long do you give him is probably the question being asked by the powers that be. If things carry on as they are we could be seriously adrift by new year. I think there has been an attitude of “it’s early days- Hes inherited this lot- the goals will come-it will click soon enough- just need a forward, a midfielder, a fullback -we won’t go down “ etc. I don’t believe any of it now. We’ve not had even a flicker of promise since he took over.  I don’t think he knows what he’s doing. 

Archived