FORUM POLL: Unsworth - what happens next?

Unsworth  

110 members have voted

1. 1. The big question. Do we..

• Give him time.
    • Get rid.

This poll is closed to new votes

8 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I agree…..we’re panicking right now but in a year’s time we’ll all be wondering what all the fuss was about.

We've had nowt to shout about for such a long time we’re overly exaggerating the negatives.

If we are patient for a while longer I’m convinced everything will turn out just fine!

We're 3rd from bottom in the National League with 1 win 14, what's being exaggerated exactly?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

And we get someone else in and pay off the present coaching staff at a massive cost….FFS where does it all end……?

It’s undeniably shite just now but just give it another month or so and I’m sure it will be worth it!!

IF @Lee Sinnottis correct and he is not going anywhere, we could try and move Unsworth to a football director role and ask Jeffers to run the first team…

possibly 👀

13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

IF @Lee Sinnottis correct and he is not going anywhere, we could try and move Unsworth to a football director role and ask Jeffers to run the first team…

possibly 👀

why?

IF we were to get rid then doing it for another completely untried rookie would be corney level insanity.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm not privy to anything, but I reckon it's completely feasible that Mr Rothwell Snr hands the club to his children at the end of the season whilst Henry VIII is still our manager...

😂

We agree on handing it to the kids- but unless that happens in next the few weeks then you’re way wide of mark. 

If you’re right- it wouldn’t say a lot about their business sense if they keep backing a losing manager- who by that time will be probably be 1 win 38 with a squad of 124. 

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm not privy to anything, but I reckon it's completely feasible that Mr Rothwell Snr hands the club to his children at the end of the season whilst Henry VIII is still our manager...

Looking at the shares, he already has done. Groco is the major shareholder in Oldham Athletic with approx. 97% the trust having the other 3% and then Corney's 12 shares which is about 0.0001%. Groco is listed as Luke having 45% Susan having 45% and Frank and his wife 5% each. So in effect Luke and Susan own Oldham Athletic. 

26 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

the volume, size and relevance of the minority who want to continue the chop and change insanity tactics used by The Three (estate) Agents, corney and marco?

Monty surely you appreciate this can’t continue the way it has been under Unsworth ? You are usually open to speaking out, why are you so set on defending Unsworth ? Not having a dig I just really don’t understand the mind set that it will come good. 

Just now, LightDN123 said:

Monty surely you appreciate this can’t continue the way it has been under Unsworth ? You are usually open to speaking out, why are you so set on defending Unsworth ? Not having a dig I just really don’t understand the mind set that it will come good. 

bc lm intrinsically loyal and stoic. in my head historic examples like Royle and Fergie stand shoulder to shoulder with current examples such as Arteta and Conte.

lm not feeling any hint of a dig in the slightest as it is a perfectly legit question. 

l hated Darren Kelly but l gave him a chance. l put up with Latics22 being a snidey cunt from 1987 until about three years ago, its just how l am.

l wont flip flop, l said l would review in february and l almost always do what l say l will do.

l'm not happy tho, far from it.

45 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂

We agree on handing it to the kids- but unless that happens in next the few weeks then you’re way wide of mark. 

If you’re right- it wouldn’t say a lot about their business sense if they keep backing a losing manager- who by that time will be probably be 1 win 38 with a squad of 124. 

He will be handing it to the kids in a few weeks whilst he spends 2 months on the Atlantic 

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

the volume, size and relevance of the minority who want to continue the chop and change insanity tactics used by The Three (estate) Agents, corney and marco?

Is it any more insane than throwing money at a guy who is clearly out of his depth and letting him relegate us with a squad of God knows how many players?

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

bc lm intrinsically loyal and stoic. in my head historic examples like Royle and Fergie stand shoulder to shoulder with current examples such as Arteta and Conte.

lm not feeling any hint of a dig in the slightest as it is a perfectly legit question. 

l hated Darren Kelly but l gave him a chance. l put up with Latics22 being a snidey cunt from 1987 until about three years ago, its just how l am.

l wont flip flop, l said l would review in february and l almost always do what l say l will do.

l'm not happy tho, far from it.

Fair enough, I hope he comes good, and genuinely feel guilty and getting bored of myself saying the same negative shit every week. I just want what’s best as we all do so apologise to anyone who thinks I’m/getting tedious. 

Is it 1 win in 14?

Any one else would have at least been put on warning. With the team we have ,bar a few duffers , we should be mid table by now.When do the owners pull the plug or rather when does DU do the honorable thing and resign.The fans yesterday singing Shez chants let their feelings known.The players themselves are largely to blame as well making the same errors.

9 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Fair enough, I hope he comes good, and genuinely feel guilty and getting bored of myself saying the same negative shit every week. I just want what’s best as we all do so apologise to anyone who thinks I’m/getting tedious. 

not atall your viewpoint currently gains more credence with each fixture played.

l am merely procrastinating whilst l feel it is safe to do so. l would not accept a relegation playing like this and l doubt l could stand so strong should we put another run of defeats together before we play Dorking.

the peterboro sports game is a no win and l would only count it were we to lose.

Archived