FORUM POLL: Unsworth - what happens next?

Unsworth  

110 members have voted

1. 1. The big question. Do we..

• Give him time.
    • Get rid.

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Get a grip he’s won 1 in 12. He would have been sacked by now at clubs which are successful. It’s not ridiculous, it’s being aware of what is happening. We are a football club and have a manager with a less than a 10% win rate. 

100%

It’s really not difficult. 

If he starts getting results, and the team play better the criticism will go away. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Get a grip he’s won 1 in 12. He would have been sacked by now at clubs which are successful. It’s not ridiculous, it’s being aware of what is happening. We are a football club and have a manager with a less than a 10% win rate. 

He's not at a club which is successful, though, he's at a club struggling to get to grips in a new league, a club which has just come through an almighty shit-storm and a club in the throes of building from the ground up.

At the time of the poll, I said he should go because his stubbornness was wearing me down. I now think he should get more time to work with the players he has brought in. I think we should at least have some idea within the next month or so whether or not his gamble is going to pay off.

Having said all that, I'm with Paddy in that the club will stick by him.  
Relegation, again, will just about kill me off.

35 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You keep peddling this convoluted nonsense and making arguments up in your head. Your last sentence perfectly summing this up. 

No manager could succeed under ALMO for very obvious reasons, there was little point in analysing the manager such was the toxicity. Fans didn’t go because there was no hope. 

We go down twice. 

Frank takes over and fans return in there thousands because there is a hope things will turn. The manager now has everything he asks for, and a wonderful board to work for. We are now back to what normal clubs can do- which is judge managers. Despite being given everything he wants, he is producing awful performances and results- and fans still turn up despite the shite, because they understand that with all the good things going on things will eventually turn- if not with Unsworth then next one- or the one after. 

Meanwhile you continue to make things up about fans wanting instant success, rely on blind hope that things will come good and make farcical claims that 25 games isn’t enough to judge a manager. Ridiculous. 

Making things up? Ha. People after 8 games saying should be winning he should go. 

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Making things up? Ha. People after 8 games saying should be winning he should go. 

What’s that got to do with instant success? Which is what you claimed fans now want. . and that just isn’t true.

I only want something to cling onto that he is worth sticking with in the medium to long term- because you can’t plan for the future if you don’t win (some) games in the short term. 

As for your reply here- if a manager doesn’t win in 8 games, there isn’t a fan in this country who would be blasé about that. His record was and is abysmal. It needs to turn, and quickly. 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

What’s that got to do with instant success? Which is what you claimed fans now want. . and that just isn’t true.

I only want something to cling onto that he is worth sticking with in the medium to long term- because you can’t plan for the future if you don’t win (some) games in the short term. 

As for your reply here- if a manager doesn’t win in 8 games, there isn’t a fan in this country who would be blasé about that. His record was and is abysmal. It needs to turn, and quickly. 

Whats an acceptable win % between now and end of Feb?

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Whats an acceptable win % between now and end of Feb?

Just had a look- we have 17 games til the end of Feb. I’d say he needs at least 6 wins from that to be ok. That would be 30/35% win ratio and triple what he is currently producing. 

The worry is, even with a relatively good upturn in form, and a few draws thrown in that would only put us on 40 points- and still needing 10 points from the remaining 11 games. That’s the consequence of long spells without a win. . . 

8 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Christ this place is getting so tedious 

Might as well stick #oafc to every post 

Any boring bastard want to play the hilarious car reg game?

tbf l had a scan thru there about a week ago and somebody had called the Reid transfer. 

they are a highly excitable bunch tho, aye.

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

No worries, just tap the same little numbers at the end of, or under the total vote bars.

Doesn't work for me either but it's probably due to some setting I have on my browser, which I can't be arsed looking for. I've just got a new [refurbed] laptop with Windows 10.1 and it's a bit finicky. :D 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

No worries, just tap the same little numbers at the end of, or under the total vote bars.

tried that, l thought l'd done that before glad u said that!

be a software or settings issue, l'll have nosey next time l go to the public library to keep warm.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

So you can actually see who voted for what, even though it's an anonymous poll?

Doesn't bother me, like - I don't think it'll take Sherlock Holmes to work out which way I voted!  Might bother others, though..

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Staff can see them, yes. Did you check the  "Make voter names public?" box?

I didn't.

Sorry, I thought you were saying in the thread above than anyone could access who'd voted.

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I didn't.

Sorry, I thought you were saying in the thread above than anyone could access who'd voted.

FFS Joe, how can we have a go at people if we don't know how they voted, it won't let me vote, I may have already voted though, what day is it? 

17 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Seeing as though Monty is trying to name and shame voters, I voted "Give him time" but it's added with my own caveat that I wouldn't lose a minutes sleep if he was axed tomorrow...

If I have already voted it would be to give him time, I've already stated elsewhere if it gets desperate and looks like we may be relegated, we should bring a quick fix in. 

Archived