FORUM POLL: Unsworth - what happens next?

Unsworth  

110 members have voted

1. 1. The big question. Do we..

• Give him time.
    • Get rid.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I alluded to yesterday, for now he stays. It's clear the board are backing him currently by the fact they are trying to bring in more players. To be fair regarding the numbers DU is bringing in due to as he states, he needs new players, more or less everyone on the MB had the opinion 9 or 10 players that were playing needed to go.

How long DU now gets is shortening by the hour so he needs results and quick.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Give him more time but that time isn't infinite 

I’m still in this camp for now. Definitely worrying that we appear to be going backwards, but still mindful the squad he inherited is terrible. He cannot complain about not receiving the backing with new players and so he’s now under huge pressure to start getting the better of these new signings. Relatively pleased we don’t actually play too much in the next 3 weeks or so and we can keep spending time on the training pitch, but on the flip side of that games in hand mean nothing.

• Matt changed the title to FORUM POLL: Unsworth - what happens next?
  • Matt featured this topic

I was for allowing him time, given the perceived expense of him and his team and backing he has had, plus me being of the opinion the squad he inherited is absolute cack. I'm just not convinced by the post-match interview that anything is going to change. I am completely puzzled by the return of Clarke and thought of an aging CB partnership in a league which seems full of eager and energetic teams is fucking scary. The squad is huge, the costs must be high and the trend is only going in one direction, which is down.

NL football is not the complete crock of shit it once was and there are plenty of teams out there who will [already have] run circles around Latics if nothing changes. Some of the teams in this league appear to be better than a fair few in the league above, there seems to be a hunger, which has taken me by surprise and probably a good many others. As it stands, our team isn't up to it and I only wish the takeover had been done close season as I truly believe we wouldn't be sat here talking of yet another managerial casualty.

I changed my mind and I now have no confidence Unsworth can turn things around. I feel we need someone with managerial experience and a relatively successful record. For me, it wasn't Shez, he didn't seem to have the right mind-set or appetite for the task. He should have left at the end of last season.

It's almost becoming a weekly torture.
What a fucking mess, so make me eat my words, Unsworth.

I have given him time although his results certainly don't warrant it.

Watching the spineless fraudsters wearing our shirt week in week out makes you realise that the club is in serious trouble.

i have seen some crap at BP in forty odd years but this lot are unreal, how every single one of them can earn a wage as a professional footballer is a sad reflection of how the game has lost it's way.

Hope Unsworth can somehow get this shower to perform but as things stand another relegation looks a distinct possibility.

id love him to be asked where he think he will get us to finish if he manages the remaining games. just to see where he thinks the squad is at in this league. his interviews and team set up suggest we can't even compete at home to barnet at mo. wonder if he thinks we are a bottom 4 side. 

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Indeed...

It's the absolute blindest of blind faith that he turn this around..

Yet that is exactly what he will have to do.

It's unbelievable that 8 league games in to his tenure we are this poor, I've responded with give him time as I'd like to think we can turn this around but that is more in hope than expectation. 

Question probably is how long will the Rothwell' give him, my guess is he'll get till the end of the season but if nothing changes results wise and in the way we play whose going to pay to watch it? I certainly don't want to see us playing for a 0-0 week in week out even if we turn a corner, 6 goals in 8 league games is desperate and all that whilst setting us up to be defensive, we've still conceded 12 under Unsworth so it's not like anythings improved, we are just getting worse under him.

No way is he un-sackable. Lose another 4 on the bounce and he will be gone. Sacking him willI’ll be costly, but hanging on will cost more in the long run. These signings seem scatter gun, can’t imagine he’s seen many of them play regularly or recently, if at all. He panicking, whilst saying that opposite. Get rid before it too late. Frank ain’t no mug, it’s his club no one  else’s.

5 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

New year.

After we have played Notts County on the 1st of January he will have been in charge for 18 games(15 in the league). Nowwhere near enough to transform the club but enough time to put some sort of stamp on the team. We have some tough fixtures coming up in December we couldn't have asked for a tougher boxing day NYD double header than Notts County. However we have a whole week to prepare for Maidstone their is a good chance we will bring some more new faces in in that time. Its crucial we get something next Saturday its not must win but we have to take something from Maidstone to stop the rot. After that then we have 2 weeks until a tough fixture on the 3rd of December at Solihull (yeah I know but this is where we are at). What we do in those 2 weeks will be crucial to us and to his future as a manager. In the ideal world you would take the players away for a training camp and do some team bonding. A PL club would probably take them to Dubai or Marbella I'm guessing our budget doesn't stretch that far. But he's got to get them to all come together and start implementing the way he wants to play and they need to be playing as a team fighting for each other and it's a chance to clear the treatment room too, because December is going to be hard for us.

20 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

After we have played Notts County on the 1st of January he will have been in charge for 18 games(15 in the league). Nowwhere near enough to transform the club but enough time to put some sort of stamp on the team. We have some tough fixtures coming up in December we couldn't have asked for a tougher boxing day NYD double header than Notts County. However we have a whole week to prepare for Maidstone their is a good chance we will bring some more new faces in in that time. Its crucial we get something next Saturday its not must win but we have to take something from Maidstone to stop the rot. After that then we have 2 weeks until a tough fixture on the 3rd of December at Solihull (yeah I know but this is where we are at). What we do in those 2 weeks will be crucial to us and to his future as a manager. In the ideal world you would take the players away for a training camp and do some team bonding. A PL club would probably take them to Dubai or Marbella I'm guessing our budget doesn't stretch that far. But he's got to get them to all come together and start implementing the way he wants to play and they need to be playing as a team fighting for each other and it's a chance to clear the treatment room too, because December is going to be hard for us.

One of our managers (can't remember who) once took the squad on a pre season army boot camp course, don't know if it produced good results after though. Mind you taking our 36+ squad on a bonding exercise may be bit too expensive - unless it's running up and down Tandle Hill every day for a week.😁

Just now, BP1960 said:

One of out managers once took the squad  on a pre season army boot camp, don't know if it produced good results though. Mind you taking our 36+ squad on a bonding exercise may be bit too expensive.

It happens regularly many clubs do it both football and rugby if Unsworth wants them to be tougher then that might be a good option.

Archived