MATCH: vs Solihull Moors (A) 03/12/22 (12.30KO)

34 minutes ago, Andy Barlow’s dietician said:

... I just want to explore how we might set up better with the players we already have...

23 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

another constructive well articulated post tho, very similar to what is swilling around tryn escape my head!!

I agree that Andy Barlow's post was very good. However, what he is articulating is precisely what DU is supposed to be doing as a football manager! There is not the slightest evidence that he is doing so. 

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I agree that Andy Barlow's post was very good. However, what he is articulating is precisely what DU is supposed to be doing as a football manager! There is not the slightest evidence that he is doing so. 

'not the slightest evidence' is the type of extremism that is getting to me and considering 3/4 of the things mentioned have been tried (Rooney came on as a 10, Hope was on the wing, Clarke has been given a go, its on the previous page so l cant see them all) shows you didn't actually read it and/or 'not the slightest evidence' doesnt fit with what has been said. just as was said on the pod, your mind is already made up.

you arent actively looking for evidence, youre just bashing and looking for attention.

5 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

'not the slightest evidence' is the type of extremism that is getting to me and considering 3/4 of the things mentioned have been tried (Rooney came on as a 10, Hope was on the wing, Clarke has been given a go, its on the previous page so l cant see them all) shows you didn't actually read it and/or 'not the slightest evidence' doesnt fit with what has been said. just as was said on the pod, your mind is already made up.

you arent actively looking for evidence, youre just bashing and looking for attention.

I just want us to win a few games and start to get a sense that we are improving.

I think we all want that, including those who sang about Shez and boood at the end. They just care, we all do. If Kitching had scored at the end, and he probably should have done, the players would have come over at the end of the game and no-one would have boood.

Some of the fans think that changing the manager presents our best opportunity to improve. I don’t. The team and the coaches need to figure it out and find a way. I genuinely think we now have a good enough squad, and the setup has to be good enough now, surely?

you know, as bad as things were last season, I do ponder if we might have just about stayed up if Curle hadn’t got binned off just when he got most of the squad fit again. It’s probably best that we didn’t because the Lemmies may not have fucked off, and we’d probably not have a club.

the point is that the club has invested in the manager and the staff, and now we need them to get us out of the hole, because if they can’t get us winning then the board will have no choice but to act, and that probably means it will take even longer to get us going again.

58 minutes ago, Andy Barlow’s dietician said:

I just want us to win a few games and start to get a sense that we are improving.

I think we all want that, including those who sang about Shez and boood at the end. They just care, we all do. If Kitching had scored at the end, and he probably should have done, the players would have come over at the end of the game and no-one would have boood.

Some of the fans think that changing the manager presents our best opportunity to improve. I don’t. The team and the coaches need to figure it out and find a way. I genuinely think we now have a good enough squad, and the setup has to be good enough now, surely?

you know, as bad as things were last season, I do ponder if we might have just about stayed up if Curle hadn’t got binned off just when he got most of the squad fit again. It’s probably best that we didn’t because the Lemmies may not have fucked off, and we’d probably not have a club.

the point is that the club has invested in the manager and the staff, and now we need them to get us out of the hole, because if they can’t get us winning then the board will have no choice but to act, and that probably means it will take even longer to get us going again.

yep. it seems quite a lot of us are in this headspace and we are trying to expand the bubble.

but also lots are impatient and worried and are merely trying to show us that we are wrong and blindly sliding into oblivion.

we are all frustrated with it all (and with each other) but 99% of us want what is best for ourselves as the club and not ourselves as humans. we are just coming at it from different angles.

we need to help the team and we really need the team to start helping us, before we shoot too many holes in our feet and sabotage ourselves into repeating the downward spiral of doom.

6 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

yep. it seems quite a lot of us are in this headspace and we are trying to expand the bubble.

but also lots are impatient and worried and are merely trying to show us that we are wrong and blindly sliding into oblivion.

we are all frustrated with it all (and with each other) but 99% of us want what is best for ourselves as the club and not ourselves as humans. we are just coming at it from different angles.

we need to help the team and we really need the team to start helping us, before we shoot too many holes in our feet and sabotage ourselves into repeating the downward spiral of doom.

Start winning and this goes away but none of us know where the first wins coming from, let alone the amount we need to get us safe.

2 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Start winning and this goes away but none of us know where the first wins coming from, let alone the amount we need to get us safe.

We win tonight, you heard it here. 

Not confident I will be right. 

Also just watched the highlights and i'm struggling to find this one v one we had and turned round and made a backwards pass that led to their 1st goal that Unsworth referred to in his post match press conference? Was he just making that up or was he at another game?

took me less than 24 hours to break my none engagement rule. naive helpful bellend that l am.

l think you are confusing a one v one with a one on one on the keeper.

either that or youre sealioning again. the first goal out on the left wing, whoever it is is one v one with his marker he turns around and passes it back to the CB, who loses it and they score. 

it is literally exactly how he describes it.

25 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Also just watched the highlights and i'm struggling to find this one v one we had and turned round and made a backwards pass that led to their 1st goal that Unsworth referred to in his post match press conference? Was he just making that up or was he at another game?

No idea if that happened but if it did why would that be in the highlights?

I've just rewatched it, it's hardly the one v one he made it out to be, the lad was on the touchline 40 yards from goal, facing his own goal and played a ball back to the CB in order to keep possession. If that constitutes giving a goal away, no wonder the players are full of fear. It's a minor point tbf, but having heard the interview, it wasn't what I was expecting to see but some people will just pull me up on anything. 

On 12/5/2022 at 11:12 PM, Monty Burns said:

...says the person who has posted over 10,000 times!

Let me put it another way, Monty - there is not the slightest evidence that DU will make a good manager of Oldham Athletic. I appreciate you have outlined that you are a "loyalty" type individual but, come on, even you must now accept that his appointment has been a disaster. 

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived