MATCH: vs Solihull Moors (A) 03/12/22 (12.30KO)

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ljriley90 said:

Call me cynical but after darren royles wigan fiasco and the fact hes appointed a big mate in david unsworth as boss with no apparent interview process it stinks to me that the royles and unsworth are playing at running a football club and eccentric frank has been hoodwinked.

I dare say sheridan with a backroom staff like unsworth has been allowed to assemble would be getting more positive results simply down to having the lower league know-how 

Real possibility of going down imo

this was my fear, I’m really not sure DR has a record that gives us any confidence.

I am still deeply concerned that Frank has indeed let his eccentricities and wonderfully positive character take him into something where he is completely out of his depth and out of his control.

If it really is true that he has spent £13m on getting control of the club and the ground then we are truly fecked. I have always been outspoken about Blitz being the real problem and I maintain that stance…..he has destroyed the club and once again managed to find a well meaning eccentric to part with far too much money and ruin any chance of progress

I really don’t think this will end well

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

this was my fear, I’m really not sure DR has a record that gives us any confidence.

I am still deeply concerned that Frank has indeed let his eccentricities and wonderfully positive character take him into something where he is completely out of his depth and out of his control.

If it really is true that he has spent £13m on getting control of the club and the ground then we are truly fecked. I have always been outspoken about Blitz being the real problem and I maintain that stance…..he has destroyed the club and once again managed to find a well meaning eccentric to part with far too much money and ruin any chance of progress

I really don’t think this will end well

Christ Almighty, Unsworth maybe a dud but to question the whole takeover and give it the doom and gloom?

Frank may be eccentric but anyone who has met him attest that he is no fool, people as successful as him rarely are and he wont just throw money for the sake of it, thats not how you become, or maintain being a millionaire.

As for Darren Royle being responsible for Wigan, really? He didnt own the club, he wasn't  even CEO

Alan Hardy

Neil Joy

Mark Moisley

Natalie Atkinson

Karl Evans

Steven Brown

Are any of the above ultimately responsible for where we are or is it because under every single one we had fuck wits in charge?

As did Wigan 

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Christ Almighty, Unsworth maybe a dud but to question the whole takeover and give it the doom and gloom?

Frank may be eccentric but anyone who has met him attest that he is no fool, people as successful as him rarely are and he wont just throw money for the sake of it, thats not how you become, or maintain being a millionaire.

As for Darren Royle being responsible for Wigan, really? He didnt own the club, he wasn't  even CEO

Alan Hardy

Neil Joy

Mark Moisley

Natalie Atkinson

Karl Evans

Steven Brown

Are any of the above ultimately responsible for where we are or is it because under every single one we had fuck wits in charge?

As did Wigan 

Spot on Chaddy. 

On the pitch is a massive worry. 

Off the pitch isn’t. 

9 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Alan Hardy

Neil Joy

Mark Moisley

Natalie Atkinson

Karl Evans

Steven Brown

As did Wigan 

Wasn't Alan Hardy here during the JWL glory years?

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Ultra defensive, not get beat at all costs, one up front, still no midfield, one goal in about 3 months away, tactically out thought again, oppo manager spends 15 minutes with his players they come out and score 2 in 3 minutes, Unsworth bores fuck out of ours and they come out half asleep, most dangerous forward we have starts on the bench, two weeks on the training pitch - really?.

Absolutely not acceptable on any level, we don't even have a go anymore it's thoroughly depressing watching us roll over against team struggling to get 1000 home fans, Unsworth is a bullshitter of the highest order, called it from day one as he has no self awareness that most of our problems lie with him, League 1 budget and still can't get a tune out of one of the biggest squads outside the Championship, not surprised the fans are chanting for Shez because the decision to appoint this chancer supersedes anything anyones done previously and I count the likes of Darren Kelly and David Dunn in that, absolutely pathetic performances we are witnessing here and nothing is changing we just get worse.

Wonder who he'll blame this week then?, looking like another relegation to me as it's difficult to see when we win next given his run of games have been largely against teams in and around us.

Hopefully he does the decent thing and resigns.

What a shocking second half 😮

No pace, no urgency, no effort, no skill, no idea - we were simply atrocious.

I am totally baffled by the performance… the whole team looked lethargic and lacking in both ideas and confidence. Whatever Unsworth is doing, it simply ain’t working! 
How long can he keep hanging on?

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

I am totally baffled by the performance… the whole team looked lethargic and lacking in both ideas and confidence. Whatever Unsworth is doing, it simply ain’t working! 

Yep 100% agree. There is a big problem somewhere.... 

I left after 85 mins and even missed the goal!

Been to Bromley, Woking, Altrincham, Maidstone and Solihull and still not seen a fucking goal!

Borham Wood Tuesday night in the freezing cold....oh joy!

1 minute ago, Londonboy said:

Been to Bromley, Woking, Altrincham, Maidstone and Solihull and still not seen a fucking goal!

I feel quite fortunate. Only been to York and Halifax but seen two goals 😀

The reality is that from taking over us in reasonably safe position after shez, he and his coaching team have managed to drop us in trouble whilst getting the backing of the board and seemingly being given money too. He has to go surely 

5 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Borehamwood on  Tuesday night in the freezing cold....oh joy!

I’ll be there but I really must be mad to do so… as one of the lads behind the goal said earlier: “why do we do this?”

Who was it who said “ the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result’?

16 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

That stat says it all!

This 4-3-3 isn’t working and whilst us fans aren’t as qualified as DU, anyone can see it!

Playing Hope & Tollitt wide in the front 3, isolated Reid.  Reid needs a strike partner - a target man who gets the ball & lays off to Reid - he’s said it & his goal scoring Stockport was alongside Bennett.

Maynard isn’t a midfielder.  He can’t pass, has no vision & when he came on, we lost any forward focus in midfield and sat back despite losing 2-1.  Should have played Rooney like we did towards the end.

When defending a corner, why do we now don’t leave one of our players near centre spot.  We had no players when the ball broke and it soon came back.

We desperately need a creative midfielder and revert to 4-4-2 to give us width and stretch the opposition whilst giving us two up front in the middle.

Need a RB.  Their #2 looked a promising RB who defended well and gave an attacking outlet on the right pushing Kitching back and we struggled to contain them on the right

On the pitch needs sorting.  Off the pitch has improved dramatically.  We stayed at the Village hotel last night and the team stayed there too.  Last season we would have driven down and back up same day so there’s no excuses that they weren’t rested ahead of game 

1 minute ago, Midsblue said:

This 4-3-3 isn’t working and whilst us fans aren’t as qualified as DU, anyone can see it!

Playing Hope & Tollitt wide in the front 3, isolated Reid.  Reid needs a strike partner - a target man who gets the ball & lays off to Reid - he’s said it & his goal scoring Stockport was alongside Bennett.

Maynard isn’t a midfielder.  He can’t pass, has no vision & when he came on, we lost any forward focus in midfield and sat back despite losing 2-1.  Should have played Rooney like we did towards the end.

When defending a corner, why do we now don’t leave one of our players near centre spot.  We had no players when the ball broke and it soon came back.

We desperately need a creative midfielder and revert to 4-4-2 to give us width and stretch the opposition whilst giving us two up front in the middle.

Need a RB.  Their #2 looked a promising RB who defended well and gave an attacking outlet on the right pushing Kitching back and we struggled to contain them on the right

On the pitch needs sorting.  Off the pitch has improved dramatically.  We stayed at the Village hotel last night and the team stayed there too.  Last season we would have driven down and back up same day so there’s no excuses that they weren’t rested ahead of game 

They've only played 4-3-3 twice. Nobody plays 4-4-2 anymore. We certainly don't have any wide midfielders to consider doing so.

25 minutes ago, True Tic said:

The reality is that from taking over us in reasonably safe position after shez, he and his coaching team have managed to drop us in trouble whilst getting the backing of the board and seemingly being given money too. He has to go surely 

he took over in the National League and we are in the National League. not sure on your age but printing league 'tables' before its even winter is a relatively new thing to help make money off impatient bored people buying and clicking stuff for sumat to do.

24 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

he took over in the National League and we are in the National League. not sure on your age but printing league 'tables' before its even winter is a relatively new thing to help make money off impatient bored people buying and clicking stuff for sumat to do.

I’m kind of “middle aged” I’ll leave it at that 😬.

I meant Unsworth took over as manager with us in a reasonable position in the table. We are now in the shite. He’s been allowed to bring in his players albeit bit by bit but the worst thing is we are still worse than when Shez left regardless of who is brought in. 
I feel for him because I was hoping for good things but it’s not happening. 1 league victory in 11 or about that is appalling. He’s got to go

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Yet again we are left chasing 2 goals after another 2 soft goals cheaply given away.

Good fightback in the last few minutes and should have done better with a free header right at the end.

These players can play but we need 90 minutes  not 15.

Several on here were getting positively giddy after our incredible and exciting 0-0 draw away at the mighty Maidstone. 2 week break, new players in, time to work with his chosen team and formation; today was our pivotal moment and an away win was all but assured. 

Some on here, however, have been saying it for a while; sadly David Unsworth is not a good manager. No pleasure in saying it; we just want Latics to succeed. It's pointless having "stability" simply for stability's sake. You only had to read what was said about DU at Everton to get initially nervous. You then only have to witness the appalling displays to confirm that what was said was true. He's a dinosaur apparently; isn't that what we were supposed to be getting rid of in John Sheridan?

What we all know (but some refuse to accept) is that, with the backing and money DU has had, JS would have got far better results. 

It's a mess (again) but this needs sorting. I don't think we'll go down (even under DU) but, nonetheless, he is NOT the man to take us forward.

Frank - do the right thing please.

Archived