MATCH: vs Solihull Moors (A) 03/12/22 (12.30KO)

Thought we had the players today who could have won but they only turned up for the last 15 minutes.

First half Solihul players especially their number 10 were kidding the ref and smiling at us.Some of our players are naive at this level and the tricks opponents will use.Its a learning curve but they better wise up quick.The level of refs and linesmen is woeful at this level.Must give a quick mention to the Peaky Blinders bar which took 45 mins to get served.They knew the numbers but ran out of food.

As for the game a pretty  poor first half with Solihul passing the ball round better .

The second half started as a few games have started this season with giving 2 cheap goals away.The first was a disgrace giving the ball away for them to run away and score too closely followed by the second  poor defending.Game over until Hallam nearly scored and Tammy  showed pace and skill in getting a couple of late corners only for one last free header going over the bar which summed the day up..

At the end they got booed not by me but I can well understand the frustrations of our fans who turn up regardless to watch this .

We have to get stuck into teams and with Notts coming up soon are going to start the New Year bottom at this rate

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First game since the Woking thrashing today for me. DU saying we played well first half was rubbish, barring a Tollitt chance, we were chasing the game albeit with the ref making it about himself to stop either team flowing and it was the usual, concede one, heads down and another follows second half.

Reid was marked out of the game and needs either Fondop with him or a player in a Bennett role and I knew when the team sheet was announced that it wasn’t going to work.

No point signing a goal scorer for us to just isolate him, seems as well that the Solihull players weren’t too happy to see him either.

Gardner was poor (first time seeing him since the return and agree with those on here and Twitter). Peck the only player in the midfield to show any quality albeit a stretch realistically, Chapman anonymous after the first half.

Left at 80 minutes so can’t comment on Rooney or the late surge.

Right back is needed for me and with Connor Brown and Sam Minihan previously rumoured, presumably that will happen.

Also would play Will Sutton (when he’s fully back) or even Okagbue alongside either Hogan or Clarke - having two ageing Centre backs is good for leadership but anyone with pace will pick them apart seen by today and from displays last season and him playing well in NLN, I’d throw Sutton in.

Was it as bad as Woking? No but that got Shez the sack and we’ve improved the squad since then so no excuses really.

Also despite living an hour from, I’ll be glad if I don’t go Solihull again - middle of nowhere and from all accounts, a shambles like at many clubs for food and drink. Proper non league allotment.

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

What exactly do you expect him to say?😳

Not to say we played well in the first half and there wasn’t much in it. To be fair I’d respect him far more if he stopped doing the interviews until we actually started winning, or just for him to walk away. I’m actually bored of hearing him speak and spill the same shite. 

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's strange how the only player who turned up for him and scored in Fondop can't even catch the bench or have I missed something, another man management masterstroke from Billy Bullshitter.

Injured apparently - think someone said ankle hence why he’s not involved but someone in the terraces said he was on the training pictures so presume he’s close to being back.

7 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Can't believe how negative everyone is today after everyone told me I was negative after making so much progress 2 weeks ago with a nil nil win at Maidstone

It’s up there with the 2-1 loss against Wrexham. We have started supporting shit results things are that bad. 

Every fucking interview i listen to he harps on about how comfortable we are first half and there was nothing between the teams. 

Here's an idea you clueless chump go try score a goal and win a game, commit men forward rather than pulling everyone back at every opportunity, it's fucking tedious and relying on us to keep clean sheets is like asking Katie Price to have a weekend off the sniff, I'm not arsed if we let fucking three in one week if we can win every other.

This one man single handedly is turning this takeover in to the biggest disappointment in a decade, not only are we picking up less than a point a game we are actually as bad to watch as we've been for as long as I can remember it's boring and insipid totally underwhelming and it's difficult to see how he can turn this round now.

Norman - Capable keeper at this level. 
Kitching - Promoted with Stockport. 
Hogan - Promoted with Stockport. 
Clarke - played higher. 
Sheron - average, but played higher. 

Gardner - played higher. 
Chapman - played higher. 
Tollitt - division below, biggest goal threat. 
Hope - played higher. 
Reid - scores goals at this level. 

Hudson - whatever.

Abraham - played higher.

Maynard - played higher, playoffs and promotion.

Rooney - POS and played higher/promotions. 
Couto - youth so N/A. 

I’d get them lot to win more than Unsworth has. 

51 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Can't believe how negative everyone is today after everyone told me I was negative after making so much progress 2 weeks ago with a nil nil win at Maidstone

Here’s the thing, there was progress shown, and a point gained, in the goalless draw at Maidstone, albeit against a fairly average team. We didn’t concede and could have won it comfortably if chances had been taken.

Today we conceded two and lost the game after having two weeks ‘training well’ with the recent additions plus a new striker starting up front. After such a shambolic performance, we seem to have gone backwards again.

That’s why everyone is negative.
Or can’t you see that? 

Oh wait a minute…it’s ‘I’ve got my own agenda’ @PeteG… as you were. 😮

5 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

he took over in the National League and we are in the National League. not sure on your age but printing league 'tables' before its even winter is a relatively new thing to help make money off impatient bored people buying and clicking stuff for sumat to do.

Printing league tables before winter was a new thing 60 years ago when I used to get the Football Pink. Face reality Monty, we were mid-table when shit for brains took over and now we are 23rd.

Part of the problem and something many of us would have been aware of is this League is a trap for clubs like ours. There have been very few exceptions. 
Why or how we have ended up here is pretty irrelevant. It would have been almost impossible for the new regime to set us up with a serious attempt to bring players and management in to achieve it this season. The makeover on the pitch has been a total disaster though.

Getting out of this hellhole is going to be a nightmare. One automatic promotion or a squabble with 6 other teams for a second place is outside all our experience.

Circa 7,000 season tickets sold was purely the result of euphoria over the club being saved from extinction by a wealthy local family and the involvement of a club legend. We can all make a reasonable guess that this number is unlikely to be repeated anytime soon. Unless something quiet remarkable takes place we are going to be in this League next season and worse is now becoming a real issue. 

But, surely Frank Rothwell and his backers haven’t bought the club on a whim or a hobby. Surely, they have done their homework. Surely, they realise that season tickets will plunge next year. The parties over and most fans have other priorities, namely energy.

I would suggest a little patience with the club. They are watching the same players and judging the same manager as us. And they are paying them all. The, now judged quality, of players and manager does appear short term, certainly with the players. A club statement would be nice, maybe some issues haven’t been settled, who knows. Meanwhile the hole is getting deeper. 

2 hours ago, samgoafc said:

Injured apparently - think someone said ankle hence why he’s not involved but someone in the terraces said he was on the training pictures so presume he’s close to being back.

But according to reports we are signing 2 more strikers in addition to recent acquisition Reid, so where does Fondop -probably the one who shown the most fight this season fit in?

1 hour ago, The Greek said:

Printing league tables before winter was a new thing 60 years ago when I used to get the Football Pink. Face reality Monty, we were mid-table when shit for brains took over and now we are 23rd.

1 hour ago, The Greek said:

so it's relatively new and it was to sell something to bored people, thanks for proving my point!!

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Here’s the thing, there was progress shown, and a point gained, in the goalless draw at Maidstone, albeit against a fairly average team. We didn’t concede and could have won it comfortably if chances had been taken.

Today we conceded two and lost the game after having two weeks ‘training well’ with the recent additions plus a new striker starting up front. After such a shambolic performance, we seem to have gone backwards again.

That’s why everyone is negative.
Or can’t you see that? 

Oh wait a minute…it’s ‘I’ve got my own agenda’ @PeteG… as you were. 😮

he isnt going to understand that.

8 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Christ Almighty, Unsworth maybe a dud but to question the whole takeover and give it the doom and gloom?

Frank may be eccentric but anyone who has met him attest that he is no fool, people as successful as him rarely are and he wont just throw money for the sake of it, thats not how you become, or maintain being a millionaire.

As for Darren Royle being responsible for Wigan, really? He didnt own the club, he wasn't  even CEO

Alan Hardy

Neil Joy

Mark Moisley

Natalie Atkinson

Karl Evans

Steven Brown

Are any of the above ultimately responsible for where we are or is it because under every single one we had fuck wits in charge?

As did Wigan 

No I'm not

:getmecoat:

We started brightly enough for the first ten minutes or so, but soon reverted to type in what was a drab first half.

We came out for the second half and were absolutely abysmal. Solihull cut through us time and time again, and we were lucky that we only found ourselves two down.

Gardner was very poor and I only noticed Chapman was playing when he came to take a corner in front of us in the 2nd half. The gap between midfield and defence was absolutely huge - for my money it's because our centre halves have a combined age of 73 and instinctively both drop deep- and the two Solihull strikers cottoned on to that and dropped deep to turn and run at Clarke and Hogan. 

The consolation goal (which I'm convinced was Clarke and not Rooney) made the scoreline flattering for us because Solihull should have been out of sight...

16 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Striker off for for Rooney who has now become  a defensive midfielder whilst here.

Don't know why Maynard is on, Don't understand any of it.

It made sense to bring Maynard on to plug the massive gap between defence and midfield. Although Maynard was absolutely crap when he came on...

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

But according to reports we are signing 2 more strikers in addition to recent acquisition Reid, so where does Fondop -probably the one who shown the most fight this season fit in?

Unfortunately Fondop seems to pick up injuries - I had thought that he was injury free this season but once again he has been missing due to injury. He has played most of his career at non league level and the stats show that he has missed a lot of games wherever he has been.

I do agree that he has been our most determined striker this season - almost like he knows what it takes at this level 😮

Archived