MATCH: vs Solihull Moors (A) 03/12/22 (12.30KO)

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JohnG123 said:

We must have over 50 players and still Unsworth and his back room team can’t manage to pick 11 to win a few football matches ffs.

Think the Royle family have fell for all the bullshit bringing this guy in.

just my humble opinion.  

I think he genuinely thought he could turn us around, and why not. But he hasn’t and he isn’t going to. 

I didn't go today. Wanted to, feeling a bit of positivity after new signing, then I remembered what we've played like since DU came in.

Glad I didn't bother. 

DU needs to go for me now. It just isn't working sadly

Solihull did what they needed to do, like every other team has done with us for the last two or so months. Whether we were all over them or not for a few minutes or whether Tollitt hits the friggin post or whatever it’s too little too late. 

Guest Stanley30
37 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Unsworth might have helped the club restructure off the field, great that’s honestly a good step forward and I’m glad to see and hear it. But he’s proven he’s not the man to take us forward on it. Let’s get a proper progressive manager in who can build upon the foundations that Unsworth has improved. Like he said, he was more than fat with the players and gave them opportunities, well the board have been more than patient with him and given him opportunities. He’s produced a 45 mins against Wrexham, and a 0-0 against Maidstone who are one of my the worse side in the division. 

Bit harsh. Also, what is more than fat? I mean he's a big lad, but I find the personal attacks too much

11 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

2-1 and all over them now apparently 

Goal by Rooney 

Needs to scrap this defensive mentality. I'd like young Berry in from Macclesfield who can take defences apart,

but afraid it won't happen.

21 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

We must have over 50 players and still Unsworth and his back room team can’t manage to pick 11 to win a few football matches ffs.

Think the Royle family have fell for all the bullshit bringing this guy in.

just my humble opinion.  

yep the board have backed him. Just have to hope that if he can’t manage he has assembled a good enough team for someone else as we won’t be able to back his replacement the same way unless we can ship 10-15 out asap 

If the BBC website is correct by playing a 3-4-3 formation, he's setting us up to a defeat every game by playing 3 at the back. It doesn't matter whether you have 4 ,5 or the rest of the team in midfield as no one knows who to track the oppositions' wide players, all that happens is that one of the 3 get dragged wide therefore leaving a hole in the middle. It's a shit formation and he doesn't seem to see it. Mag to grid.

Ultra defensive, not get beat at all costs, one up front, still no midfield, one goal in about 3 months away, tactically out thought again, oppo manager spends 15 minutes with his players they come out and score 2 in 3 minutes, Unsworth bores fuck out of ours and they come out half asleep, most dangerous forward we have starts on the bench, two weeks on the training pitch - really?.

Absolutely not acceptable on any level, we don't even have a go anymore it's thoroughly depressing watching us roll over against team struggling to get 1000 home fans, Unsworth is a bullshitter of the highest order, called it from day one as he has no self awareness that most of our problems lie with him, League 1 budget and still can't get a tune out of one of the biggest squads outside the Championship, not surprised the fans are chanting for Shez because the decision to appoint this chancer supersedes anything anyones done previously and I count the likes of Darren Kelly and David Dunn in that, absolutely pathetic performances we are witnessing here and nothing is changing we just get worse.

Wonder who he'll blame this week then?, looking like another relegation to me as it's difficult to see when we win next given his run of games have been largely against teams in and around us.

Hopefully he does the decent thing and resigns.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Ultra defensive, not get beat at all costs, one up front, still no midfield, one goal in about 3 months away, tactically out thought again, oppo manager spends 15 minutes with his players they come out and score 2 in 3 minutes, Unsworth bores fuck out of ours and they come out half asleep, most dangerous forward we have starts on the bench, two weeks on the training pitch - really?.

Absolutely not acceptable on any level, we don't even have a go anymore it's thoroughly depressing watching us roll over against team struggling to get 1000 home fans, Unsworth is a bullshitter of the highest order, called it from day one as he has no self awareness that most of our problems lie with him, League 1 budget and still can't get a tune out of one of the biggest squads outside the Championship, not surprised the fans are chanting for Shez because the decision to appoint this chancer supersedes anything anyones done previously and I count the likes of Darren Kelly and David Dunn in that, absolutely pathetic performances we are witnessing here and nothing is changing we just get worse.

Wonder who he'll blame this week then?, looking like another relegation to me as it's difficult to see when we win next given his run of games have been largely against teams in and around us.

Hopefully he does the decent thing and resigns.

yep I think he’s a fraud but plenty of games left. In trouble for sure but a few wins under a proper manager and I’d fancy this squad to stay up now. Enough quality surely now not to be bottom 4 

7 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

If the BBC website is correct by playing a 3-4-3 formation, he's setting us up to a defeat every game by playing 3 at the back. It doesn't matter whether you have 4 ,5 or the rest of the team in midfield as no one knows who to track the oppositions' wide players, all that happens is that one of the 3 get dragged wide therefore leaving a hole in the middle. It's a shit formation and he doesn't seem to see it. Mag to grid.

The BBC had Leuitwiler up front for several games so I wouldnt take their formation as gospel 

I didn’t  go today. But listened on  I follow god you’d of thought we  were playing Real Madrid  the way the commentators were talking.kept going on about them being a force to be reckoned with cause they 7 th  and it was always going to be an uphill task today. It’s the national league.  Ffs  every team  just waits for us to run out of ideas  then roll us over. Unsworth should offer his resignation 

Call me cynical but after darren royles wigan fiasco and the fact hes appointed a big mate in david unsworth as boss with no apparent interview process it stinks to me that the royles and unsworth are playing at running a football club and eccentric frank has been hoodwinked.

I dare say sheridan with a backroom staff like unsworth has been allowed to assemble would be getting more positive results simply down to having the lower league know-how 

Real possibility of going down imo

Archived