Unsworth

4 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I would be moving heaven and earth to get Pete Wild….now that Is someone you could build a multi year project around

No way is Pete Wild swapping a promotion challenge at Barrow to get into League 1. To preventing Oldham drop into the 6th tier. It would be career suicide.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I'm not boycotting, I'm just not paying 22 quid to watch absolute shite. If that makes me a fairweather fan that's fine, I've seen us finish top half 5 times in my lifetime. Can't be arsed with it anymore

I think I am with you here. The fact that it is simply not worth the time and money, coupled with the feeling that your support isn't appreciated (at least by the manager and players), is giving me very little reason to be rushing back any time soon.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

No way is Pete Wild swapping a promotion challenge at Barrow to get into League 1. To preventing Oldham drop into the 6th tier. It would be career suicide.

Not saying he would or should be interested but it’s not totally out of the question if he were given the right motivation. Parkinson to Wrexham for example (££ and club potential).

The most concerning thing about Unsworth is that despite the amount of signings he's been afforded and supposedly better quality than some of the smaller clubs, we are being comprehensively outplayed and beaten at the basics most weeks.

We are completely uncomfortable with getting the ball on the floor and sticking a few pass and moves together. Something Gateshead and plenty of other teams this season have found very simple. 

It's a worry that the management team don't see what is blindingly obvious to everyone else. A team that can't put a couple of passes together, win/challenge for headers or compete for second balls is going nowhere. It's basics and a big concern that we are miles off it.

He still doesn't have a first XI that covers what is required despite a raft of signings and strong backing.  We're 3 of 4 midfielders short to compete with part time football teams.

Just not convinced they (manager and players) are learning quick enough to not be a mid table to bottom end team.

• Like 1

Just now, penrhyn said:

I f we do end up making another appointment not sure Wild is the right man he bottled it twice in the play offs dont see Barrow as contenders and they have only lost two games fewer than us.

Bottled it? With a team few expected to even be in the playoffs? And the same Barrow who most predicted would be in a relegation scrap? Give your head a wobble.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Bottled it? With a team few expected to even be in the playoffs? And the same Barrow who most predicted would be in a relegation scrap? Give your head a wobble.

You mean like Grimsby and Solihull , dont wobble yours too hard .

Pete Wild isn't daft. His career is on an upward projection at the moment. Maybe when he fails somewhere he'll consider us / we get back up the leagues. 

Unsworth to stay for now. He goes we could well lose all the coaching staff. We can't do that in the current run of games.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

He needs to concentrate on his game, we've carried him most the season and he's a big reason why we are so poor at the back, makes as many mistakes as anyone and has been a major disappointment. 

He’s our captain for chrissakes - I’m sure that a five minute interview won’t interfere too much with him concentrating on his game 🙄

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

I f we do end up making another appointment not sure Wild is the right man he bottled it twice in the play offs dont see Barrow as contenders and they have only lost two games fewer than us.

I'm not sure you can say Halifax, with one of the lowest budgets in the Conference, bottled it in the Playoffs...

13 minutes ago, JoeP said:

You make that sound like bad thing..

It would be if we have a game in the next day or so. The whole set up is built round Unsworth. Not as easy to replace the whole thing quickly. 4 games in 2 weeks, not ideal to be changing it then. Makes me think he's got those games to save himself. 

Frank's not made millions by making hasty decisions on things and sorting replacements is one of the things to consider. He could have gone in December and instead they backed him with Nutall. Makes me think he'll get more time.

14 minutes ago, Clifford said:

It would be if we have a game in the next day or so. The whole set up is built round Unsworth. Not as easy to replace the whole thing quickly. 4 games in 2 weeks, not ideal to be changing it then. Makes me think he's got those games to save himself. 

Frank's not made millions by making hasty decisions on things and sorting replacements is one of the things to consider. He could have gone in December and instead they backed him with Nutall. Makes me think he'll get more time.

I hear what you're saying but Frank's made his millions in a completely different field.

Unsworth and his pals' presence is doing more harm than good, so I'd have no problems with him going now even if we did have a game in the next day or so.

We're over complicating football here - astute managers come in, sort stuff out and get teams playing better almost instantly.  That's why there's often a "new manager bounce".

We've got Peter Clarke on board to step in now.  Give it to him and see how he gets on.  He isn't going to do any worse.

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 1

I've put it on here before but...We sounded Wild out before we brought Unsworth in.

We were told what it'd take to get him (both compensation and budget he wanted). We never went back with a concrete offer. He then signed a new contract with Barrow.

We've backed Unsworth far more than what Wild wanted in everything from backroom team to budget.

Definitely backed the wrong horse!!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Clifford said:

4 games in 2 weeks, not ideal to be changing it then. Makes me think he's got those games to save himself.

That will leave 18 games for a new manager - I'd prefer 20 so for me needs 1 win minimum from Wealdstone and Southend.

3 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Boycotting because of results and performances on the pitch? What a load of shite. It's just being a fairweather fan.

I think I'll start boycotting: The NHS, Railway's, Postal worker's and the like

There's many arguments to be had, choose your battles!

27 minutes ago, Clifford said:

On the flip side he's not made millions leaving incompetents in charge of hundreds of thousands of pounds damaging his companies revenue at the same time, hopefully Luke will grab hold of this one and get rid before the damage is terminal, this seasons a right off already so why keep flogging a dead horse this guys just a chump, get rid and move on.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

Even if he doesn’t want it and he’s not even our player?

I'll have to bow to your superior knowledge on him not wanting it.

He's not technically our player, but he isn't going back to Walsall, I wouldn't of thought.  With us until the end of the season then is out of contract at Walsall.  If we wanted him to be our manager (and he wanted to be it!) I reckon we could make it happen quite easily..

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

On the flip side he's not made millions leaving incompetents in charge of hundreds of thousands of pounds damaging his companies revenue at the same time, hopefully Luke will grab hold of this one and get rid before the damage is terminal, this seasons a right off already so why keep flogging a dead horse this guys just a chump, get rid and move on.

Save the family silver before it gets hocked