Unsworth

7 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

I've put it on here before but...We sounded Wild out before we brought Unsworth in.

We were told what it'd take to get him (both compensation and budget he wanted). We never went back with a concrete offer. He then signed a new contract with Barrow.

We've backed Unsworth far more than what Wild wanted in everything from backroom team to budget.

Definitely backed the wrong horse!!

Liar

11 hours ago, Fervid said:

He hasn’t been on sky for ages, he’s currently back in Norn Ireland working with Larne FC as a

consultant. 

Larne are top of the Irish Premiership.

Edited by BP1960

43 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Touchy.

Where has he said he doesn't want it?

It's been talked about a bit on commentary and other places how keen he is to get to 1000 appearances. I presume he'll be putting any coaching/managerial ambitions on hold til he's done that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It's been talked about a bit on commentary and other places how keen he is to get to 1000 appearances. I presume he'll be putting any coaching/managerial ambitions on hold til he's done that.

What does he need, another 200?  So four seasons at least  - doesn't seem very likely.  Especially if he keeps getting suspended for dissent!

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

What does he need, another 200?  So four seasons at least  - doesn't seem very likely.  Especially if he keeps getting suspended for dissent!

He's on early 900s. So 2 more seasons after this one. I think he'll get a season with us next year but might have to move on after that as I'm not sure he'll be able to do a job for us in League 2.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeP said:

Touchy.

Where has he said he doesn't want it?

1. 41 years old changing club every few months to stay ON the pitch.

2. course lm touchy this is serious. its a fuckin stupid idea and it needs shootin down

its not even 'lets carry on the chop and change path of doom we are on'

its

'we look like we are struggling so lets continue on the chop and change path of doom but seeing as it looks like we needs a MANAGER lets completely ignore sense and reason. infact lets also make it worse by appointing a PLAYER, who has shown very little interest and being a manager, with no experience to waste time learning the job and then he can leave in three months.'

it makes zero sense l cant believe u even tryna make it look like you are asking a serious question.

IF we are doing something, lets do something that makes at least a little bit of sense. 

proper example of somebodies 'valid opinion' just chucked out there with no checks and balances based on absolutely fuckall except a 100% previous failure record 🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

no lets appoint Peter Clarke its a great idea some impatient, totally unqualified idiot suggested it on twitter. lets do it, it makes total sense.

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

He’s on 900+ so 2 seasons at least…he could be a player manager but I very much doubt the club SHOULD or would gamble on another unproven manager.

ftfy.

people gettin about and caring so much theyve got a shit idea proven not to work which they really think will help

33 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

1. 41 years old changing club every few months to stay ON the pitch.

2. course lm touchy this is serious. its a fuckin stupid idea and it needs shootin down

its not even 'lets carry on the chop and change path of doom we are on'

its

'we look like we are struggling so lets continue on the chop and change path of doom but seeing as it looks like we needs a MANAGER lets completely ignore sense and reason. infact lets also make it worse by appointing a PLAYER, who has shown very little interest and being a manager, with no experience to waste time learning the job and then he can leave in three months.'

it makes zero sense l cant believe u even tryna make it look like you are asking a serious question.

IF we are doing something, lets do something that makes at least a little bit of sense. 

proper example of somebodies 'valid opinion' just chucked out there with no checks and balances based on absolutely fuckall except a 100% previous failure record 🙄

He's in the twilight of his playing career, seems to have the right attitude and is a proven leader.  I don't think it's as ridiculous an idea as you're making out.

Clarke would be a risk - but so would anyone who hasn't managed before.  Sheridan, Dowie, Wellens, LJ were a risk.

To be honest I'm not fussed if Clark gives it a go or not.  I just know we need someone else instead of Unsworth so am keeping an open mind.

Edited by JoeP

12 minutes ago, JoeP said:

He's in the twilight of his playing career, seems to have the right attitude and is a proven leader.  I don't think it's as ridiculous an idea as you're making out.

Clarke would be a risk - but so would anyone who hasn't managed before.  Sheridan, Dowie, Wellens, LJ were a risk.

To be honest I'm not fussed if Clark gives it a go or not.  I just know we need someone else instead of Unsworth so am keeping an open mind.

He's still a key part of the first team for that reason it should be a no. The people you mentioned all had finished their careers so they could concentrate on being a manager.

I'm yet to see a good example of a key player stepping in as manager while still being an important member of the first team knowone can do both.

If we were looking for a replacement I'd go for someone like Askey who had success at York (Is he still available?)

• Like 2