MATCH: Notts County (H) 01/01/23

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

2 upfront looks like the boomers are getting their wish.

On a more serious note with Fondop and Nuttall uptop then surely that means we are going direct (Cue Fondop playing right mid)

Aslong as we stop allowing the opposition to play and dictate.

Our midfield last week was non existent so we ,may as well bypass it !

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

2 upfront looks like the boomers are getting their wish.

On a more serious note with Fondop and Nuttall uptop then surely that means we are going direct (Cue Fondop playing right mid)

Aslong as we stop allowing the opposition to play and dictate.

That's the only reason I can think of why he's playing essentially two number 9's upfront. Whereas common sense would say Reid & Nuttall, Reid & Fondop, Abraham & Nuttall or Abraham & Fondop. I don't get why he doesn't play Reid in his more suited number 10 role? The only thing I can think of as someone commented on Twitter, is that he bought Reid as a plan B for the Nuttall transfer falling through first time round. Now he has Nuttall, Reid is no longer wanted.

13 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

That's the only reason I can think of why he's playing essentially two number 9's upfront. Whereas common sense would say Reid & Nuttall, Reid & Fondop, Abraham & Nuttall or Abraham & Fondop. I don't get why he doesn't play Reid in his more suited number 10 role? The only thing I can think of as someone commented on Twitter, is that he bought Reid as a plan B for the Nuttall transfer falling through first time round. Now he has Nuttall, Reid is no longer wanted.

If thats true (and I appreciate 90% of Twatter is bollocks)

He really is a twat 

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

If thats true (and I appreciate 90% of Twatter is bollocks)

He really is a twat 

It was a theory that Gaz and Oafcprozac mentioned on Twitter. They tend to make good points in their tweets. But I agree with you that Twitter tends to be 90% bollocks. 

People screaming and crying on Twitter because we aren't spraying the ball around like Notts County. 

Look at where they are and how many goals they've scored FFS. We've tightened up the shape but these are players that are shit scared of making one wrong pass in case some oaf from the main stand screams at them.

It is what it is today, go for it at Doking. 

17 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Just a reminder here we are currently playing 4-4-2 for those of you who think it's the solution.

Really. . ??? 

It’s been only time we’ve played half decent. I’m not wedded to it, but the players obviously prefer it. 

That was a solid half, yes we didn’t create much but neither did they- why? Because our shape was so much better and we didn’t have have massive gaps with people not knowing where to be. 

If he wants to keep his job- 442 is the only system these players produce anywhere near a performance. 

The main differences are composure on the ball and confidence.

We have neither, Notts have it in spades.

If we score early second half, that may change everything.

Watching Palmer thinking why the hell isn't Vaughan playing?

2 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

The main differences are composure on the ball and confidence.

We have neither, Notts have it in spades.

If we score early second half, that may change everything.

Watching Palmer thinking why the hell isn't Vaughan playing?

If Latics were top and in free-scoring form, so would they.

40 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I used to date a Freiburg fan, wonder if I can convince them to send us Christian Streich?

That would be nice. Grifo as well.

Date night in coming.

Ignore the fact that you may be married. It's a matter of pride.

Archived