MATCH: Notts County (H) 01/01/23

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have to score first….if they get an early goal I fear an absolute rout!!

I have seen absolutely nothing at all this season to suggest we can turn them over but we must not get a repeat of the Boxing Day shambles in front of our home fans.

If we do, it will become toxic and could turn very ugly for Unsworth!

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

We have to score first….if they get an early goal I fear an absolute rout!!

I have seen absolutely nothing at all this season to suggest we can turn them over but we must not get a repeat of the Boxing Day shambles in front of our home fans.

If we do, it will become toxic and could turn very ugly for Unsworth!

I can only find 7-1 for a Latics win … I must be able to get longer odds somewhere?

I dislike games being played on a Sunday. It makes it a lot worse it being on New Years Bloody Day. I'm really not looking forward to this one. We had a load of toxicity at games during Abdallah, Mo, and Barry's time at the club. I fear that there will be some on Sunday. Rightly so too. I don't think the players are playing for him. Some fans will have bad heads on Sunday, but most of us will be in bad moods. Hopefully Unsworth can motivate himself and his players to put in a battling performance. 

7 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

I dislike games being played on a Sunday. It makes it a lot worse it being on New Years Bloody Day. I'm really not looking forward to this one. We had a load of toxicity at games during Abdallah, Mo, and Barry's time at the club. I fear that there will be some on Sunday. Rightly so too. I don't think the players are playing for him. Some fans will have bad heads on Sunday, but most of us will be in bad moods. Hopefully Unsworth can motivate himself and his players to put in a battling performance. 

kudos for knowing what day it is at this time of year!!!!

It pains me to say, but i hope we get hammered to speed the exit of DU he is tactically inept and lacks motivational skills.

With this current squad should we be in the league position we are in?

He sets us defensively yet we are leaking goals i really cannot find a positive to keep DU.

This will not be the best way to start a New Year but there is always even in hopeless circumstances that glimmer of hope.

Has Unsworth had a damascene conversion?  Is his new years resolution always to play two of his many strikers?  Could he possibly stop shouting all the time? Will the players stop working to rule?

I don't know but beer will fuel my expectations (until they score).

35 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Will he learn or set up sale and stand off. Throwing money again on us being behind by 20 mins and county -1.

I listened to the Notts podcast and they were of the opinion on there that teams who have a go at them invariably cause them problems and gave good examples of this even at Meadow Lane, hopefully we have a go in a way we used to under Kewell, I'm not really arsed about this obsession with clean sheets, they come when the whole team starts being allowed to play, we don't keep them anyway so what's the point in playing for one? Cannot see why we cant go with Nuttall, Reid and Abraham to start tomorrow, not sure what three you could trust in midfield where the real problem lies but we need energy and legs not the boring shite we are currently being served up.

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I listened to the Notts podcast and they were of the opinion on there that teams who have a go at them invariably cause them problems and gave good examples of this even at Meadow Lane, hopefully we have a go in a way we used to under Kewell, I'm not really arsed about this obsession with clean sheets, they come when the whole team starts being allowed to play, we don't keep them anyway so what's the point in playing for one? Cannot see why we cant go with Nuttall, Reid and Abraham to start tomorrow, not sure what three you could trust in midfield where the real problem lies but we need energy and legs not the boring shite we are currently being served up.

Tollitt n Kitchen have shown glimpses of something in a 433 so ld keep Tollitt on the left of the front 3 Reid Right Nuttall centre.

if we had some midfielders we cud put play 442 put Timmy on right Tollitt on left Reid Nuttall up top.

but we don't.

A few people screaming for a switch to 4-4-2. Isn't this a mixture of nostalgia and ignorance? Not many teams use a 4-4-2 for various tactical reasons. You need a solid three in midfield, or you get over run. 

I used to like the old 4-4-2, but to use it now would be naive. We'd be slaughtered, and the lack of pace in CD would be massively exposed. Sorry, but this went out with the dinosaurs. I'd go 4-3-3 or 4-5-1, with 4-2-3-1 as a variation.

30 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

A few people screaming for a switch to 4-4-2. Isn't this a mixture of nostalgia and ignorance? Not many teams use a 4-4-2 for various tactical reasons. You need a solid three in midfield, or you get over run. 

I used to like the old 4-4-2, but to use it now would be naive. We'd be slaughtered, and the lack of pace in CD would be massively exposed. Sorry, but this went out with the dinosaurs. I'd go 4-3-3 or 4-5-1, with 4-2-3-1 as a variation.

It's not redundant, In the World Cup Argentina played a slight variation with Messi just behind the striker. As long as you have the right players it can work as well as any tactic.

https://themastermindsite.com/2022/12/16/lionel-scaloni-argentina-tactical-analysis-world-cup-2022/

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It's not redundant, In the World Cup Argentina played a slight variation with Messi just behind the striker. As long as you have the right players it can work as well as any tactic.

https://themastermindsite.com/2022/12/16/lionel-scaloni-argentina-tactical-analysis-world-cup-2022/

Yeah Argentina have Messi

We dont 

Archived