MATCH: Notts County (H) 01/01/23

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tollitt fucking dreadful today, should of been subbed after the first, at fault for both and instead of just dragging him off Unsworth switches him and pulls Peck, stuck Couto on again which I do not understand as he's a nothing player,fair result could of won it, could of lost it but we look so much better when we have a go rathr than sitting in and trying to keep it tight.

Just now, Londonboy said:

Why are people moaning about a 2 2 draw against the league leaders after the Boxing Day fiasco ffs....

It was better, and if Timmy doesn’t miss an open goal from 3 yards we could have nicked it. 

Do I think he’s the right man? No. But that performance will probably get him a few more games. . . the only trouble is we follow one half decent performance with 3 horror shows. . . 

On 12/31/2022 at 1:24 PM, Wardie said:

Funny how we all know what we need and desire from the players and yet we are fully aware that we are not going to get it. The one true certainty I can expect from tomorrow is that nothing...absolutely nothing...will change. Come roughly 40 mins before kick-off, as the team sheet makes its way onto social media, the piss-boil will begin to simmer on the surface until the raging pot of anger and vitriol bubbles away when another abject performance unfolds before us.

The club has made an almighty and titanic mistake.
Emphasis on 'titanic'.

Almost right but grateful for the result.
Reid must be a bit bewildered.
Let's see what happens at Dorking.

28 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Tollitt fucking dreadful today, should of been subbed after the first, at fault for both and instead of just dragging him off Unsworth switches him and pulls Peck, stuck Couto on again which I do not understand as he's a nothing player,fair result could of won it, could of lost it but we look so much better when we have a go rathr than sitting in and trying to keep it tight.

Couto was very good when he came on

And Peck being subbed was the right decision for me, he didn't really offer much down that right side

The only difference is I'd have put Abraham right and Reid up with Nuttall

No mistake, that was a good point against the team at the top of the league.

We worked hard, and looked far more compact than we did on Boxing Day.

I still felt that we allowed the County wingers too much room and we reverted to type for periods in the second half when dropping deep and giving the ball away too easily.

Nuttall and Fondop are too similar to me and we should have played Reid or Abraham from the start. Also, I cannot see what Peck or Chapman bring to the game 🤔

We could have won it if Abraham had not skied the ball from close in - clipped the crossbar I believe.

However, it was a much improved performance. Something to build on for next week.

Better performance.

Starting with the positives, we looked much more comfortable, compact and organised in a 4-4-2. The players know what their roles are and it shows.

Sheron had a good game in the middle. Let's hope he becomes the ball winner we need in there - would like to see someone in there next to him to with the ability to grab hold of the game and control it.

Nuttall looks like he'll be a handful for some of the lesser teams in the division, would love to see Reid playing off him.

Good character to come back twice and could have even nicked it at the end, though they could have done the same on a couple of occasions. Would just love to see us have a go at teams as I think we'd see a much better set of results (or at the very least be a bit better to watch).

P. Clarke and Sheron the standouts for me today. Also thought Couto did well when he came on.

On to the areas we need to work on. Played way too deep and allowed them to advance to the half way line unchallenged every time their keeper had the ball. We then dropped about 20 yards giving them lots of time on the ball and not closing down. Asking for trouble and can't understand it.

Jordan Clarke can't be anywhere near that team if we want to get better. Hes a bit of a hider in my opinion, and happy to be mediocre at best every week rather than being brave and offer something to the team. Decision making is poor, jockeys when he should tackle and tackles when he should stay on his feet. 

Chapman was anonymous and again can't be in the team if we want to improve. Crying out for an experienced head in there in his place.

Peck was also poor in my opinion, would rather play one of our own young lads as he's no better than what we've got.

Tollitt was frustrating today and didn't release the ball at the right times, would still start him in the absence of any other wingers and can be a decent player on his day.

Was surprised to see Fondop strolling about after being given a chance in the team again over Reid and Abraham. Should be busting a gut to keep his place. Didn't offer anything for me, and would play Reid with Nuttall.

If we had a 7/10 RB and CM, I think we'd beat most of the teams in this division by default.

Big opportunity to take some confidence into next weekend and beat a Dorking side who seem to be struggling a touch at the moment.

It’s quite clear that the players are under strict instructions.  

- They must NEVER cross the half way line to press. 

- They MUST get back in to a rigid pre defined shape asap, regardless of what the opposition do and regardless of what is happening… never think for yourself. 

This manager lacks imagination, is very defensively minded and does not want players ‘expressing themselves’. 

He’s in the way. 

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I thought Unsworth got his tactics pretty much right today, they look a cut above anyone else I have seen in this division. Next week it has to be followed up though. 

Can’t agree. They were crossing at will, their wingers had the freedom of the park. Could have easily been a much worse result, but for some decent last ditch challenges/blocks. 

Archived