MATCH: Notts County (H) 01/01/23

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the first time this season, we need to see a team with a fighting spirit, a team that each individual knows his job, and is prepared to run his pods off for his team mates and the fans.

And we need to see a manager play a line up that actually makes sense, with players operating in their natural positions.

If we don't see all of the above, and we lose again, I fear that the managers job will be untenable. 

1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

I think Unworthy's tactic is get loads of players in at Frank's expense,play them in lots of different  formations and hoping one day he will get it right and arrogantly take all the credit calmly stroking his beard and saying I told you so.

🤣🤣🤣 :imnotworthy:

24 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

For the first time this season, we need to see a team with a fighting spirit, a team that each individual knows his job, and is prepared to run his pods off for his team mates and the fans.

And we need to see a manager play a line up that actually makes sense, with players operating in their natural positions.

If we don't see all of the above, and we lose again, I fear that the managers job will be untenable. 

its not the first time we will see it but yes youre right and another none performance will probs see me vault down off the fence.

lve seen the sentiment but lve suprisingly not seen either of 'the players have downed tools' or 'hes lost the dressing room' which mite be bc lve filtered it BUT if it happens tomoro lm out.

for clarity l do believe we can lose 0-5 and not lose me, but l doubt anybody else will find the positives l'll probs drag out. lm expecting toxicity from the first fuckup tho which is out of order IMO. however l understand, and so should the players.

Nerves are a good thing etc.

l hate the Romans but l want to see 30 gladiators tomoro on the pitch and in the dugout. if l don't l'm not fighting the tide anymore.

King Cnut (🤣) is unfairly credited with the above and l don't want that on my (vegan) leather boots.

9 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Did anyone else note the 5,4,1 formation Everton played yesterday?

Maybe it’s an Everton idea rather then a DU idea.

That would be the Everton with 2 points from the last 15 andless than a point per game?

Excellent- can hardly wait.

31 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I’m guessing we will see it again today.

Oh the excited anticipation!

There is nothing wrong with playing a fluid 5-4-1 formation when out of possession that then switches to an attacking 4-3-3 when in possession.

But to be successful, the transitions have to be quick and the players have to work hard.

I think/hope that this is what we will see today 🙏

16 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

its not the first time we will see it but yes youre right and another none performance will probs see me vault down off the fence.

lve seen the sentiment but lve suprisingly not seen either of 'the players have downed tools' or 'hes lost the dressing room' which mite be bc lve filtered it BUT if it happens tomoro lm out.

for clarity l do believe we can lose 0-5 and not lose me, but l doubt anybody else will find the positives l'll probs drag out. lm expecting toxicity from the first fuckup tho which is out of order IMO. however l understand, and so should the players.

Nerves are a good thing etc.

l hate the Romans but l want to see 30 gladiators tomoro on the pitch and in the dugout. if l don't l'm not fighting the tide anymore.

King Cnut (🤣) is unfairly credited with the above and l don't want that on my (vegan) leather boots.

It's been a monsoon with the deluge of rain this morning, looks like King Cnut you have stemmed the tide though and its  going to be hopefully sunny for the rest of the day.🙂

39 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It's been a monsoon with the deluge of rain this morning, looks like King Cnut you have stemmed the tide though and its  going to be hopefully sunny for the rest of the day.🙂

👀 

…let’s hope so. Feels like a while since I’ve been and it’s a while until the next. 

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

I’m guessing we will see it again today.

Oh the excited anticipation!

There were 2 up top on Boxing Day. Nuttall and Toillit.

I thought the consensus was that we have failed week in week out by playing 1 up front.  I have sat and watched Reid fail again and again because he isn't any good when up front on his lonesome.  So whatever happens today we must have two up front.

Chelsea can play 4 3 3 but it requires effort and understanding with players who are brighter and more skilful than our squad.  No doubt our tactical formation is based on previous experience at Everton but because I have not seen any evidence that our CDs can play three at the back I want four (excluding Sheron).  This leaves 4 in the midfield so I am an old fashioned codger who rather likes 4 4 2 partly because our play has improved when Rhino, in desperation, has reverted to the old way of playing - as has been shown to work rather well by the Champions of the World.

Our players are good enough.  Rhino is just a sea anchor round their necks.

Archived