MATCH: Dagenham and Redbridge (H) 07/02/23

12 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Still feel cheated that I went to that match. Would have been just as happy staying at home, watching Waterloo Road and checking the score at 9.30. Good result David...

I’ve just logged this as ‘most bizarre post of the night’  - what had you been drinking when you wrote this  @Lee Sinnott? 😉

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I’ve just logged this as ‘most bizarre post of the night’  - what had you been drinking when you wrote this  @Lee Sinnott? 😉

It was crap. Every game I watch in this division pushes me closer to a break down. It is such an utterly piss poor division. It pisses me off when we win cos I think "Wtf haven't they won more games against shit like these?" and it annoys me when they lose cos there's no way we should lose to 20 of the 23 teams we play in this division...

44 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It was crap. Every game I watch in this division pushes me closer to a break down. It is such an utterly piss poor division. It pisses me off when we win cos I think "Wtf haven't they won more games against shit like these?" and it annoys me when they lose cos there's no way we should lose to 20 of the 23 teams we play in this division...

It is our reality though. I have seen most games this season and the standard of football is abysmal. With a few exceptions, players at this level play a basic game. 
‘The beautiful game’ it certainly isn’t.

My advice would be to take a break for the sake of your health.

I have come to terms with our new reality - it doesn’t define my life, it’s just part of it - I enjoy the good parts and, whilst not liking it, accept the bad.

It’s only a game, nothing more. 😃

53 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I know what you mean, I haven’t enjoyed a full 90 minutes at BP for years, and this season particularly it’s amazing how shit the oppo can be and still win. Which makes our losses seem more baffling/horrendous. 

We are that starved of anything decent to watch, we have quite a few thinking Gardner is the second coming because of a decent 45 minutes- I’m not criticising that. Just highlighting that as soon as we get anything remotely decent, we jump on it. Myself included. 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I know what you mean, I haven’t enjoyed a full 90 minutes at BP for years 

It's the lack of hope or jeopardy that does it for me. Ultimately, we go into almost all our games with nothing riding on it. Nothing good anyway. Even if we win it ultimately doesn't mean a great deal as we are never anywhere near promotion.

Stevenage away was the last game I properly enjoyed which was because of the circumstances. We were largely shit that day football wise.

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It's the lack of hope or jeopardy that does it for me. Ultimately, we go into almost all our games with nothing riding on it. Nothing good anyway. Even if we win it ultimately doesn't mean a great deal as we are never anywhere near promotion.

Stevenage away was the last game I properly enjoyed which was because of the circumstances. We were largely shit that day football wise.

Yeah, it’s a good point. 

I wouldn’t mind boring but winning football because like you say- at least then there’s something on the game. We’ve had years of just doing enough to do nothing. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It wasn't brilliant Paddy, particularly the 1H, but it wasn't crap by a long way compared to what we endured at Altringham, Woking, Halifax etc.

2H was pretty entertaining actually, as was 2H at Dorking.

Long gone are the days when I travel the 500 mile round trip expecting to watch stellar football, and havn't done so for over 30 years, but I drove away happy last night.

We are where we are, and if my team wins and puts in a shift it's generally OK with me.

Waterloo Road is torturous by the way....

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

It is our reality though. I have seen most games this season and the standard of football is abysmal. With a few exceptions, players at this level play a basic game. 
‘The beautiful game’ it certainly isn’t.

My advice would be to take a break for the sake of your health.

I have come to terms with our new reality - it doesn’t define my life, it’s just part of it - I enjoy the good parts and, whilst not liking it, accept the bad.

It’s only a game, nothing more. 😃

I thoroughly enjoyed last night. I came to terms with the fact that we are now a national league side sometime ago and that we could be here for a good few years yet.

I've watched enough football to know that it can be thoroughly enjoyable at any level. I reckon in decades to come when we are back established in the football league we may come to fondly look back at our time in the 5th tier.

13 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Yes David, you’re a genius 😀

It could be like many managers learning the ropes, he's getting some bits right and some wrong.

More right than wrong since boxing day for me.

Thanks John.

I was sat in my usual place in th RR end and there was a Rangers fan in front of me ... we got chatting just before half time and as a neutral I was interested in what he said. He said we were better than the opposition but had no idea why there was no attacking intent and running off the ball. He described it as lazy and dangerous as we were always likeley to concede. He said player for player we were better and won most of the bog standard balls but off the ball no one was working the channels. He dissapeared for a beer at half time and didnt reappear .... I was gutted and the second half they did exactly what he said we were missing in the first. Chapmans finish was excellent and Kudos to Nuttall who took the second pen well. I thought Rooney and Sheron were excellent and Gardner has fianlly done what he is paid for. The table at half time made me nervous ... but this morning I am full of optimism again with my pessemistic personality locked up until the next time ... and there will be a next time. for now though Im margianally happy. 

Despite the first half, which was poor but I still thought we were the better side, it was our best performance of the season. I know it's a low bar, but the way our confidence grew brought out the best in the players. And our response to going 0-1 and 2-2 was really encouraging. If we can cut out unforced silly errors, that's a 5-0 win all day long.

Our back four was really good, particularly Yarney and Sutton. The midfield looked more balanced with much more attacking intent and the front two worked tirelessly. Credit to Nuttall to own responsibility. The penalty save was a good save, he struck it well and the keeper guessed right. To go for the same corner and execute it perfectly took some bollocks.

Couldn't help not notice DU's response to Reid when he came off. Very warm and congratulatory, contrary to the bullshit rumours circulating when he was injured.

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

There was a moment last night where Morais did a beautiful little flicked pass over Sutton's head to a teammate and I remember thinking "you don't see quality like that much in this league". And then his teammate immediately headed it out of play for no particular reason. 

7 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

There was a moment last night where Morais did a beautiful little flicked pass over Sutton's head to a teammate and I remember thinking "you don't see quality like that much in this league". And then his teammate immediately headed it out of play for no particular reason. 

Wasn't aware Jordan Clarke had signed for them.

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

😂😂

Archived