MATCH: Dagenham and Redbridge (H) 07/02/23

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

After Saturday’s horror show, I expect to see changes to the starting eleven.

As a minimum:

P Clarke, Rooney and Abraham to start with J Clarke, Chapman and Fondop (suspended) making way.

I also expect us to lose this one too 😮

Nuttall shouldn't be rewarded for one of the most lack lustre performances I've seen. Let's what Reid can do if given a chance.

I've not seen much from Nuttall, but it doesn't help when all we seem to do is lump it up to Fondop and Nuttall, look for a knock down, and hope the midfield picks it up and advances up the pitch. We've got no width. We don't have players who can beat a man and can whip the ball in for Fondop and Nuttall to attack it. I think a new manager would get better performances from the team and from individuals. 

8 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Fondop's absence may mean we "stumble" onto a strike partnership of Nuttall and Timmy with Reid on for the last 20 minutes.

As stated previously Shelton to right back; Clarkey to centre half; Rooney for Chapman and Abraham to partner Nuttall would set up for a more aggressive approach. 

No room for Varney?

Just now, League one forever said:

Has Burgess retired?

He looked ok in little spells at the start of the season, and he can actually play wide right/wing. Instead of Chapman, who might as well not play. 

Was on the bench for the Gateshead FA trophy game.

There’s no ideal set-up with the players we’ve got because the recruitment has been so scattergun. However I’d go with something like this in a 3-4-1-2:

Norman

Yarney

Clarke

Hogan

Kitching 

Sheron

Chapman 

Shelton

Rooney

Nuttall

Timmy/Reid

Gets Rooney in his actual position and gives us some width further up the pitch through Kitching at least. Could easily turn into a back 4 with Yarney RB too. As if we’re in Feb and still no one knows what our best team is…

10 minutes ago, south east latic said:

There’s no ideal set-up with the players we’ve got because the recruitment has been so scattergun. However I’d go with something like this in a 3-4-1-2:

Norman

Yarney

Clarke

Hogan

Kitching 

Sheron

Chapman 

Shelton

Rooney

Nuttall

Timmy/Reid

Gets Rooney in his actual position and gives us some width further up the pitch through Kitching at least. Could easily turn into a back 4 with Yarney RB too. As if we’re in Feb and still no one knows what our best team is…

Well, I'm certain you won't be proven wrong!

I'm travelling up for this for my sins....

D&R were a bit like Dorking early on in the season scoring loads but letting in loads too.

Seem to have changed to a more defensive set up judging by results over the past few months, not scoring many but not letting loads in either.

A tight game with one goal either way settling it for me, or a 0 0. 

Just thought.... why the fuck am I bothering driving up for 4.5 hours!! 🤣

I guess because I'm not Wiseowl😉

2 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

D&R were a bit like Dorking early on in the season scoring loads but letting in loads too.

Seem to have changed to a more defensive set up judging by results over the past few months, not scoring many but not letting loads in either.

Fair play. 

There’s no way I’d drive all that way the way we’re playing. 

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Madness, having said that I am about to board a flight so I will be there. 

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

No confidence whatsoever that Latics will win.

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I'm going again for some reason. It's masochistic at this point. I don't think we'll win. In fact I'm pretty convinced we'll lose after that on Saturday 

This could be good news as everyone was expecting us to beat Halifax - but I might have jinxed it now so as you were!!!

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

No confidence whatsoever that Latics will win.

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I'm going again for some reason. It's masochistic at this point. I don't think we'll win. In fact I'm pretty convinced we'll lose after that on Saturday 

I think we’ll get a paper over the cracks win tmora, and then normal service will resume. 

Archived