MATCH: Boreham Wood (H) 04/03/23

Why do Unsworth’s comments irritate when we don’t win?

He says that if we play like that again Tuesday then we’ll be absolutely fine. How does that one work then? It wasn’t like the Boreham Wood keeper made save after save. If we play like that again on Tuesday, the most likely outcome will be a similar result.

And he says the first goal kills us (something he’s often said in interviews following defeats) Why?!? There were 10 plus minutes left. He said it at Gateshead the other week when there were 15-20 minutes left.

He bemoans the losing culture and negative atmosphere that he inherited. So he needs to stop reinforcing that ‘the first goal kills us’

No wonder heads go down and we look a beaten team at Boundary Park when conceding first. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Why do Unsworth’s comments irritate when we don’t win?

He says that if we play like that again Tuesday then we’ll be absolutely fine. How does that one work then? It wasn’t like the Boreham Wood keeper made save after save. If we play like that again on Tuesday, the most likely outcome will be a similar result.

And he says the first goal kills us (something he’s often said in interviews following defeats) Why?!? There were 10 plus minutes left. He said it at Gateshead the other week when there were 15-20 minutes left.

He bemoans the losing culture and negative atmosphere that he inherited. So he needs to stop reinforcing that ‘the first goal kills us’

No wonder heads go down and we look a beaten team at Boundary Park when conceding first. 

this was the man who said it was all about next season when we lost at Wrexham in nov with 25+ games left. plus he sounds like someone whose had prem media training and just says generalised comments no matter what has happened. Don’t see that changing 

Still can't help but think, that this manager has achieved nothing that anyone brought in off the street couldn't have achieved.

We looked awful from day one of him being here, and we still looked awful against BW?

After a massive turnover of players, we are marginally better. But, there is no clue in the way we play that tells any of us that we are soon to be a force.

I have seen all Saturday home games, and have yet to see us dominate a game. It's plain for all to see that our manager is nowhere near good enough, and he has ultimately wasted almost the whole of the season, with no improvement worth mentioning. 

And we will start next season with another mammoth rebuilding task facing us. Which will in turn mean very little prospect of a concentrated push for promotion for another year.

We need someone in to spark a massive improvement on the pitch, to avoid another wasted season.

9 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He's done alright recently but he's chucked loads in this season. Worst thing is I can't think of anyone to challenge him for the player of the season accolade at the moment...

Loads??? I can think of about four or five he's chucked in and that includes a couple quite recently at home, we'd be in a far sorrier state without him particularly if we had to rely on Leutwiler who must of won a raffle when he got the contract he did with us.

7 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Mr Sheron. Makes Fane look like Zidane but seems to be well received by many.

When he brings the ball down and runs with it he looks OK, has assisted a couple of goals on the break recently as well as scoring a couple, but too often he's drawn into head tennis clearances.

10 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

When he brings the ball down and runs with it he looks OK, has assisted a couple of goals on the break recently as well as scoring a couple, but too often he's drawn into head tennis clearances.

He finds touch more than Jonny Wilkinson in his prime. Needs binning in the summer. 

1 hour ago, Shrek said:

He finds touch more than Jonny Wilkinson in his prime. Needs binning in the summer. 

To give him credit no one has grafted more in central midfield than Sheron and I have seen an improvement in his general game recently. Every team needs this type of player so in my eyes he's doing ok.

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

To give him credit no one has grafted more in central midfield than Sheron and I have seen an improvement in his general game recently. Every team needs this type of player so in my eyes he's doing ok.

His role in the team isn't playmaker, as you say BP he grafts, and he also breaks play up. Sheron has done OK for me since they moved him into midfield. 

On 3/6/2023 at 9:47 PM, Shrek said:

Mr Sheron. Makes Fane look like Zidane but seems to be well received by many.

On 3/6/2023 at 10:09 PM, Shrek said:

............not aged well ??

Running round and working hard is fine, and a minimum. No point in winning it if you then lump it to the opposition straight away. Sheron was miles ahead of Shelton last night though.

31 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Running round and working hard is fine, and a minimum. No point in winning it if you then lump it to the opposition straight away. Sheron was miles ahead of Shelton last night though.

I'm with you. If we wanna go up next season, then we can't possibly have Sheron and Shelton in midfield...

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm with you. If we wanna go up next season, then we can't possibly have Sheron and Shelton in midfield...

Vomit inducing what they were doing at times last night. Get ball smash ball.

Gardner MKII needed asap.

2 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

And I'm the mental one ??  😁

I mean why stop at vomiting. Let's really over exaggerate. I wanted to hang myself after we misplaced a pass last night.

I think some people on here have some deep rooted problems when you comsider how much they exaggerate stuff. 

One of the worst expressions is how "painful" it is to watch the current football. People in the Ukraine are suffering pain. Anyone who thinks they are in "pain" watching us at the moment is an absolute fanny.

Archived