MATCH: Boreham Wood (H) 04/03/23

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Apparently they have one player who has a monster throw in. Caused a bit of handbags at York recently when their coach ran to the other side of the pitch with a towel for him. 

Towels should be banned.

Oh, and VAR too 👍

Their no 9, Ndlovu, gave us the run around at their place in early December.

Given our recent upturn in performance, I anticipate a far better display tomorrow. Also, being at home we should start with two up top.

The big question: will he start with Fondop and Reid?

I’m up for this one - hopefully a good crowd (*) too 👍

* The attendance was 801 at Meadow Park and we dropped to 23rd in the table after the defeat😮

A third consecutive good performance would be most welcome and should deliver a home win. If Ndlovu is missing that is a bonus, as @TheBigDogsays, he was a proper handful at their place, two goals.

From memory they had a statuesque centre half, ex-League, who won EVERYTHING in the air but looked distinctly uncomfortable when Timmy came on., Reidy had manfully ploughed a lone furrow up front on his tod for the first 70 minutes without too much joy. I don't remember much in the way of attacking threat aside from Ndlovu. 

8 minutes ago, andy_b_100 said:

Looking forward to this ... could this be 'the' home match where we see the improvement and retain the larger than usual crowd going into Tuesday

I bloody hope you're right, or it could be after the lord mayors show if Dumpty Umpty picks the wrong line up and tactics again.

• Matt locked this topic
11 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

Diddums!

What? I mean, I can't think of any instance in the the fucking world where I would have any reason to say that.

Get a grip, this type of content isn't wanted around here - you've either got a contribution that you're able to debate with, and not lose your shit debating it - y'know, like an adult - or you have nothing to say. Which is fine. Loads of other people just want to get on without being interrupted.

Matt.

• Matt unlocked this topic

Think we'll see these off and set ourselves up nicely for a much tougher challenge on Tuesday evening,

It's a nice feeling having some confidence before a game, instead of worrying about what the opposition bring, the players will be right up for this, I'm sure.

Keep it going boy's!

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Their no 9, Ndlovu, gave us the run around at their place in early December.

Given our recent upturn in performance, I anticipate a far better display tomorrow. Also, being at home we should start with two up top.

The big question: will he start with Fondop and Reid?

I’m up for this one - hopefully a good crowd (*) too 👍

* The attendance was 801 at Meadow Park and we dropped to 23rd in the table after the defeat😮

Looks like Reid may miss out due to concussion protocols - expect Nuttall to start with Fondop - Abraham on the bench👍

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

Looks like Reid may miss out due to concussion protocols - expect Nuttall to start with Fondop - Abraham on the bench👍

Nuttall/Fondop doesn't work for me, both plodders with no pace, I'm actually staggered at Nuttalls lack of pace particularly over the first few yards and his inability to bully a centre half in the way Fondop can.

He'll play but for me he's one of the only players in the squad now who doesn't deserve his guaranteed starting spot, maybe Unsworth is hoping he'll play himself in to form in the same way Rooney eventually did.

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Currently 51/1 for a top 7 finish.  Easy money isn’t it? 😉 

Speaking about it with a mate the other day... Still think we're miles off with Unsworth (happy to be proved wrong) but imagine if we snuck in and beat Notts County who'll probably be 35 points ahead. It'd be the shittest/best promotion ever. 

Archived