MATCH: Boreham Wood (H) 04/03/23

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

That’s the season done:

a few wins, a few draws and a few defeats to come and then we’ll see if in the summer we add any real quality.

I have no idea if Unsworth knows what he is doing but we might as well avoid becoming toxic because it’s clear he is here to stay 

Another season finishing in the lower half of a table looks likely

We truly are one of the hardest teams in the country to support

Aye- although I wasn’t expecting anything else. 

God knows why he subbed Rooney- thought he was playing well. 

Nuttal just isn’t in the game at all. 

They were a very organised side. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Kind of… They have some absolute cloggers and we should have been at least two up going in at the break.

Second half we huffed and puffed and they scabbed the victory.

It is an absolute MUST that we figure out how to break down these Sunday League outfits. We need to sign players who can cut through them or we will never, EVER leave this division. 

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I'd take their young number 20 who's on loan from Sheffield United.

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Agree about Rooney he was the only one likely to create anything today and was surprised he was pulled, Green probably should of been subbed although he had a great first half, missed Reid today and just went a bit flat which is disappointing in front of 6500 home fans, as bad a ref as your ever likely to see but again he wasnt the reason we lost.

1 minute ago, GKing521 said:

Kind of… They have some absolute cloggers and we should have been at least two up going in at the break.

Second half we huffed and puffed and they scabbed the victory.

It is an absolute MUST that we figure out how to break down these Sunday League outfits. We need to sign players who can cut through them or we will never, EVER leave this division. 

Cloggers. . 😂

They’re a very effective side- whose league position reflects that. 

They always looked more likely to score and fully deserved that today. Which is depressing- but it is what it is. 

They looked to have 2 or 3 more players on the pitch. Far more organised and a better team for me.

I still don’t see any sort of pattern to our play,  very poor movement and a total lack of creativity.

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

They looked to have 2 or 3 more players on the pitch. Far more organised and a better team for me.

I still don’t see any sort of pattern to our play,  very poor movement and a total lack of creativity.

Aye. 

Although first half - we did create. Green looked a threat, and we should have scored. 

Second half was just really poor. Compounded by taking Rooney off. 

A game of hoof ball and head tennis .Good first half poor second.Rubbish ref..I'll be glad when Reid gets a run of games. I said before that Green excites and has talent but his crosses need improving.

The team is showing more commitment this last few games which is good and now on to Tuesday which should be  a more exciting game to watch.

Now for a large malt to warm up.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Fondop shouldn't start for me neither, he's goosed after 45 minutes, still massive problems in midfield that need addressing. 

He failed to hold up

the ball resulting in their first goal, having said that he had to stay on because Nuttall was once again was so poor.

Poor 2nd half from Green who has to get more involved for me to earn a new contract.

Shelton and Hogan 2 others not impressing.

Kitching good again, no surprise as he's one of the few playing in a position they are best.

27 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He failed to hold up

the ball resulting in their first goal, having said that he had to stay on because Nuttall was once again was so poor.

Poor 2nd half from Green who has to get more involved for me to earn a new contract.

Shelton and Hogan 2 others not impressing.

Kitching good again, no surprise as he's one of the few playing in a position they are best.

Thought it was Timmy, who lost the ball for the first goal.

18 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

First half was alright. Second half was absolutely awful. I don't understand Nuttall. I don't rate him one bit. 

agree. Games like today u need ur strikers and big earners to win the game. He just never looks like scoring or assisting for me. Has he one goal in open play so far? Think that’s it 

We've played worse and won.

Started off well, which made a nice change.  Faded badly, though - not sure we even had a shot on target in the entire match?

Badly missed Reid.

Shite game in general.  I don't think we need to worry about causing any injustice by beating Notts County in the play-offs anymore...

Scrappy game that it did have something of an inevitably about it today after 2 good away wins. Still need that number 8 in the middle of the pitch and who can pull the strings and dictate the game.

Apart from that I wouldn't read anythingelse into it. Going to grab some Madris  and watch some netflix think the rest of you should do something similar.

15 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Thought it was Timmy, who lost the ball for the first goal.

No, Fondop, who I thought went down looking far a foul.

As said previously he shouldn't start as he's only got 60 minutes in him.

Thought it strange to revert to 2 big men starting, would rather see Abram start with Nuttall and Fondop coming on for Nuttall after an hour.

3 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

No, Fondop, who I thought went down looking far a foul.

As said previously he shouldn't start as he's only got 60 minutes in him.

Thought it strange to revert to 2 big men starting, would rather see Abram start with Nuttall and Fondop coming on for Nuttall after an hour.

Nuttall doesn't deserve a place in the team, why we paid good money for a player who shows no heart is a mystery to me.

Dissapointing, but the previous two results haven't been chalked off.

First twenty odd minutes very good, ran out of ideas for the last hour.

I thought the team set up was ok, if Alex Reid had been available, should have started with Mike Fondop.

David Unsworth made the changes I hoped he would, but neither were able to impose themselves.

We don't create enough chances for the strikers, this is obvious and won't be fixed until the summer.

Boreham Wood were decent and organised, did the same things for 94 minutes and got their reward.

Not angry, just dissapointed.

Would have liked to have Dan Gardner on the bench, we are so devoid of creativity in midfield.

The MOM today should be awarded to the Athleticos, christ they tried hard, all game, good atmosphere not matched by the quality on the pitch.

The game was walking to a 0-0, until Unsworth decided to sub Rooney, going with Fondop, Green and Abraham was never going to work as Tollitt is about as good defensively as me (I sit near the back of the RRE and as such find it hard to tackle back). Still the jury is out on DU. 

Archived