MATCH: Boreham Wood (H) 04/03/23

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

What might be acceptable and what level?

@Dave_Og Six figure sum, extending his contract was a smart move.

Would £300,000 be realistic for a talented prospect such as Will, I hope we wouldn't sell for much less.

@BP1960 is aware of a top flight club making enquiries, I would think League 1 isn't out of reach for Will.

Hull City seem to have us on the radar as a good source of talent ...

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd say we need a centre half to replace Hogan, he's improved slightly but I still feel Varney and Sutton would be our best centre half pairing, saying that I expect Sutton to be sold within the next 12 months for pretty good money.

I have to say that I simply don’t get it with all the praise for Sutton…🤔

He is a centre back being played at full back and is just about holding his own without showing that he is a long term solution in the position.

He has youth on his side but any talk of premiership clubs as a potential destination is fanciful in my view.

*mind you that’s coming from someone who thought that Piergianni was our best defender last season 🙄

59 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He is a centre back being played at full back and is just about holding his own without showing that he is a long term solution in the position.

He has youth on his side but any talk of premiership clubs as a potential destination is fanciful in my view.

*mind you that’s coming from someone who thought that Piergianni was our best defender last season 🙄

Pidge was our best defender last season…….

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I think it's because we had to put up with Clarke or Sheron, and Windass hasn't even been in the picture. Compared to them, Sutton is a welcome relief. He's also a CB, so he's doing well. 

I agree about connecting him to the PL being fanciful, but credit where it's due.

On 3/4/2023 at 7:00 PM, disjointed said:

Still the jury is out on DU. 

I honestly don't get this.

DU is poor - full stop. I`ve always said we won't go down because we've thrown a lot of money at the squad BUT this is going to be painful if we continue with him long-term. We need a better manager - otherwise we will be marooned in this god-forsaken shite league for years.

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I think it's because we had to put up with Clarke or Sheron, and Windass hasn't even been in the picture. Compared to them, Sutton is a welcome relief. He's also a CB, so he's doing well. 

I agree about connecting him to the PL being fanciful, but credit where it's due.

Jury is still out for me. I was far from impressed with him when he came into the side last season, but at the moment he's doing alright at full back. Got a bit of a chasing at Chesterfield, I thought but he's done alright this season...

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

DU is poor - full stop. I`ve always said we won't go down because we've thrown a lot of money at the squad BUT this is going to be painful if we continue with him long-term. We need a better manager - otherwise we will be marooned in this god-forsaken shite league for years.

You'd think we'd be able to match Barrow's wage to get Pete Wild back at Latics.  I'm sure it'd be his dream to get Latics promoted.

3 hours ago, wiseowl said:

You were quiet after Chesterfield and Barnet...

5 hours ago, League one forever said:

That’s a bit rich from you Yardy. . 😂

You're the first to slate many a player. 

You're probably right but I thought Pidge was our best player last season by a mile, all the He-man shite is what I'm referring to, same with Norman this season who would probably win player of the season if the vote was tomorrow, some never gave him a chance as they'd read he was shite on the Carlisle message board when in fact you probably wouldn't swap him for another in the League.

6 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You're probably right but I thought Pidge was our best player last season by a mile, all the He-man shite is what I'm referring to, same with Norman this season who would probably win player of the season if the vote was tomorrow, some never gave him a chance as they'd read he was shite on the Carlisle message board when in fact you probably wouldn't swap him for another in the League.

Just goes to show.........message board posters know nowt !!😁

6 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

He's done alright recently but he's chucked loads in this season. Worst thing is I can't think of anyone to challenge him for the player of the season accolade at the moment...

6 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Just goes to show.........message board posters know nowt !!😁

Not seen any fan slag off Yarney yet, must be unique in the history of OWTB for everyone to praise one player.🤔

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Done great at centre half but some want to move him to full back ??  🤪

I think Sutton's natural position is centre back and Yarney was excellent at right back in the FA trophy game, but as you say at the moment if it ain't broke don't fix it.

19 hours ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Pidge was our best defender last season…….

He was from January. People forgetting he was almost throwing the ball in our net prior to Christmas. 

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He's done alright recently but he's chucked loads in this season. Worst thing is I can't think of anyone to challenge him for the player of the season accolade at the moment...

The central midfielder who cannot pass the ball or run with it will run him close. Says a lot.

14 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You were quiet after Chesterfield and Barnet...

On the contrary, I gave DU credit for improved results/performance fluffy old boy. Doesn't mean I generally rate him any higher than I did. I just think it's foolish not to address the issue and grow as a club.

16 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

On the contrary, I gave DU credit for improved results/performance fluffy old boy. Doesn't mean I generally rate him any higher than I did. I just think it's foolish not to address the issue and grow as a club.

And if we are being completely honest, we were absolutely battered at Chesterfield, where our keeper had the game of his life. And then at Barnet, where I actually thought we did well second half, we were aided by their keeper having no hands...

Archived