MATCH: Boreham Wood (H) 04/03/23

27 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Nuttall doesn't deserve a place in the team, why we paid good money for a player who shows no heart is a mystery to me.

Can't really argue with you re Nuttall but feel Fondop has more impact off the bench.

Whoever starts they shouldn't play together. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First half today I thought bwood looked the shitist team ever at bp, second half was terrible from us, why on earth does he still persist with fondop an nuthall up front ffs, it has never worked, after the 2 decent wins I thought he was learning for the better, but after today I’m not to sure after playing nutmeg up front yet again! 🤦🏻‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Can't really argue with you re Nuttall but feel Fondop has more impact off the bench.

Whoever starts they shouldn't play together. 

I stand by my opinion on Nuttall who is lacksadasicl and we are carrying a player week in week out.

He never looks like scoring, which isn't what you want from a striker. It took until half time today for DU to eventually realise that. Maybe the penny has dropped now?

Nuttall just doesn't look arsed to me, I'm sure he is but for a big lad he gets bullied all day long, can't hold the ball up or bring others in to play, wins very few headers, can't beat a man and get a shot away, it's difficult to see what the attraction was if I'm honest, he probably tore that U23 league apart playing against your Harry Vaughan's but in this National League he's been in the pocket of most of these pub teams centre halves who average in at about 20 stone but still leave him for dead over 5 yards or brush him of the ball at will. He ran about a bit more today but he's no better than Luamba who can't get a sniff but has scored goals in the division above. Why he persists with him is a mystery. Abraham is gash as well.

My thoughts after another 200 mile round trip, when once again I saw a very average performance from the team.

How the hell is Nuttall an automaticchoice on the team sheet,  he is bloody awful, and every aspect of his game is way below standard.

Rooney had a face as long as a gas mans mack when he was subbed, our defence in general was decent, but from them forward, through mid field, and our attack, was beyond poor, we just have zero capability of beating a defence with a killer pass, or someone doing something a bit cute.

Today, our front two looked like something, that had been plucked from the Oldham amateur league, and both were very very poor.

Over all, another day to forget.

Well.Listening to Unsworths post match comments I really wonder if he was at the same match as me. BW were shite but we were worse. I expected a hard game today but they were there for the taking. For me Unsworth really needs to go.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Nuttall just doesn't look arsed to me, I'm sure he is but for a big lad he gets bullied all day long, can't hold the ball up or bring others in to play, wins very few headers, can't beat a man and get a shot away, it's difficult to see what the attraction was if I'm honest, he probably tore that U23 league apart playing against your Harry Vaughan's but in this National League he's been in the pocket of most of these pub teams centre halves who average in at about 20 stone but still leave him for dead over 5 yards or brush him of the ball at will. He ran about a bit more today but he's no better than Luamba who can't get a sniff but has scored goals in the division above. Why he persists with him is a mystery. Abraham is gash as well.

We need someone up front with the attitude of Yarney who can hassle worry defenders for 90 minutes as well as chipping in with a few goals

Unfortunately, Fondop for some reason I can't work out can only last for 45.

40 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Luamba's scored 2 goals in his entire career...

Let's not pretend he's the answer. 

3 hours ago, Flemboy said:

A game of hoof ball and head tennis .Good first half poor second.

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Poor 2nd half from Green who has to get more involved for me to earn a new contract.

1 hour ago, diggleblue said:

Well.Listening to Unsworths post match comments I really wonder if he was at the same match as me. 

We simply did not play ANY football in the second half - in the first thirty minutes we played the ball to Green who went past his full back with ease.

Rooney had two good chances from cut backs to score but completely missed his kick with the first and scuffed his shot with the second.

Green hardly saw the ball in the second half as our only tactic seemed to be get rid of the ball as quickly as possible by aimlessly lumping it forward.

It is so frustrating and disappointing after two fighting performances away from BP.

Fondop, who was culpable for their first when losing the ball, does cause problems for opposing defences but he needs to learn to keep his shots down - far too often they sail high over the bar.

Did we have a single effort on target in the second half? Dreadful standard of football. 

Just went to listen to Unsworth’s post match… I stopped after the first thirty seconds…
I must have been at a different game too😮

I like Fondop. I really do. He isn't perfect by any means, but he's A LOT better than Nuttall. I don't know how anyone can defend Nuttall. He looks so lazy and everything he does seems so unorthodox. Playing Nuttall and Fondop just doesn't work. Within the first few minutes of Abraham coming on, he done more than Nuttall accomplished during his time on the pitch. I'm not convinced by Nuttall one bit, but he'll be starting again on Tuesday. I'm guessing Reid will start alongside him, with Fondop dropping to the bench. 

2 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

I like Fondop. I really do. He isn't perfect by any means, but he's A LOT better than Nuttall. I don't know how anyone can defend Nuttall. He looks so lazy and everything he does seems so unorthodox. Playing Nuttall and Fondop just doesn't work. Within the first few minutes of Abraham coming on, he done more than Nuttall accomplished during his time on the pitch. I'm not convinced by Nuttall one bit, but he'll be starting again on Tuesday. I'm guessing Reid will start alongside him, with Fondop dropping to the bench. 

Agreed.

When Reid isn’t fit- I’d play Fondop with Rooney just off him. 

Nuttal needs a spell out of the side- we are just carrying him. 

Just now, ShireBlue said:

WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS LATICS???

I would say they are pretty much the same as most other lower-league football clubs. It's when a club elevates itself above the mediocre opposition that it becomes successful.

See Wrexham and Notts County,

I didn't expect anything other than a draw today but very disappointed with the result. It's still not definite Latics will stay in this league although the proposition is more possible than a few weeks ago. I can't see anything changing until the summer, when hopefully we have a close-season of recruitment and a full pre-season training. Until then, we will win some and lose some.

Losing at home to Boreham Wood..what a fucking day to remember.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I don't know why we persist with this 'pub team' stuff. All but two teams in the league are full time professionals.

I’ve had a while to digest that performance and my opinion hasn’t changed since I walked out of the game today.

Apart from a short spell at the beginning we were bloody awful. I just cannot get my head around the fact that players at a professional football club can look so bad.

Just what do they do all week on the training ground because we were so poor today against what is basically a pub team with an average home attendance of 1133.

Apart from our last two games, a very fortunate win at Chesterfield and a battling performance at Barnet we have been bloody dire.

Unsworth has had 6 months to instil his philosophy on this team and I just cannot see anything to suggest he’s anywhere near to improving it.

We look absolutely miles off being half decent and the players are devoid of even the basic footballing skills!

I keep turning up hoping we’ve turned the corner but in actual fact apart from a little more effort we definitely haven’t.

Nuttall is bloody awful, I hear people say he doesn’t get any service but for Christ sakes his work rate is zero.

His first touch is embarrassingly poor and he can’t even control the fucking ball.

We are way off what will be required to challenge at the top next season and will need an influx of at least 5 or 6 quality players.

We are where we are but it still doesn’t stop me being embarrassed about it!!

2 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

My thoughts after another 200 mile round trip, when once again I saw a very average performance from the team.

How the hell is Nuttall an automaticchoice on the team sheet,  he is bloody awful, and every aspect of his game is way below standard.

Rooney had a face as long as a gas mans mack when he was subbed, our defence in general was decent, but from them forward, through mid field, and our attack, was beyond poor, we just have zero capability of beating a defence with a killer pass, or someone doing something a bit cute.

Today, our front two looked like something, that had been plucked from the Oldham amateur league, and both were very very poor.

Over all, another day to forget.

Zero service again

2 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Well.Listening to Unsworths post match comments I really wonder if he was at the same match as me. BW were shite but we were worse. I expected a hard game today but they were there for the taking. For me Unsworth really needs to go.

We could have been 4 up at HT. 2nd half was poor but first half we bossed it

40 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Abraham did what? Ran a bit more? 

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Zero service again

We could have been 4 up at HT. 2nd half was poor but first half we bossed it

Abraham did what? Ran a bit more? 

Yes. Won a header as soon as he come on. Actually put pressure on their players on the ball. What did Nuttall do? You going to defend Nuttall? He's a starter every game and he does NAFFALL all game.

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I’ve had a while to digest that performance and my opinion hasn’t changed since I walked out of the game today.

Apart from a short spell at the beginning we were bloody awful. I just cannot get my head around the fact that players at a professional football club can look so bad.

Just what do they do all week on the training ground because we were so poor today against what is basically a pub team with an average home attendance of 1133.

Apart from our last two games, a very fortunate win at Chesterfield and a battling performance at Barnet we have been bloody dire.

Unsworth has had 6 months to instil his philosophy on this team and I just cannot see anything to suggest he’s anywhere near to improving it.

We look absolutely miles off being half decent and the players are devoid of even the basic footballing skills!

I keep turning up hoping we’ve turned the corner but in actual fact apart from a little more effort we definitely haven’t.

Nuttall is bloody awful, I hear people say he doesn’t get any service but for Christ sakes his work rate is zero.

His first touch is embarrassingly poor and he can’t even control the fucking ball.

We are way off what will be required to challenge at the top next season and will need an influx of at least 5 or 6 quality players.

We are where we are but it still doesn’t stop me being embarrassed about it!!

We're judging Nuttall as poor because he isn't a target man, not great at holding the ball up. If we got the ball to him in the box, how would he do? We don't know because it rarely happens. Fondop is a hold up player, Nuttall isn't.

We had a good first half, poor second half. 

Just now, AnthonyOAFC said:

Yes. Won a header as soon as he come on. Actually put pressure on their players on the ball. What did Nuttall do? You going to defend Nuttall? He's a starter every game and he does NAFFALL all game.

How many clear chances has he been given and missed?

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If we got the ball to him in the box, how would he do? We don't know because it rarely happens.

So why sign that type of player if you don’t play to his strengths?

40 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I don't know why we persist with this 'pub team' stuff. All but two teams in the league are full time professionals.

They brought 37 fans today and play at some glorified leisure centre, after seeing us play at Wembley a couple of times and at grounds like Anfield and Old Trafford I don't think comparing Boreham Wood to a pub team is too disrespectful.

I don't give a hoot what anyone says we shouldn't be looking second best to a team like that particularly at home.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

They brought 37 fans today and play at some glorified leisure centre, after seeing us play at Wembley a couple of times and at grounds like Anfield and Old Trafford I don't think comparing Boreham Wood to a pub team is too disrespectful.

It's two generations ago. It's gone. History.

Archived