MATCH: Yeovil Town (A) 22/04/23

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Is it? I'd disagree. Not sure why that would be a concern. They see him more than anyone here does 

Assuming Forshaw is a possible answer is like backing a horse which has a string of ones next to its name to win a big race without checking whether they were walkovers.  Nobody in here has given the slightest indication that they know he's the best prospect in the youths

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Assuming Forshaw is a possible answer is like backing a horse which has a string of ones next to its name to win a big race without checking whether they were walkovers.  Nobody in here has given the slightest indication that they know he's the best prospect in the youths

Managed 17 minutes on loan in Sunday league 

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

So when do we give him a chance?

No-nothing fans seemed to have a similar opinion of Harry Vaughan...

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

So when do we give him a chance?

No-nothing fans seemed to have a similar opinion of Harry Vaughan...

We might not.  He might not be anywhere near good enough.  The B team will be a big step.  I mentioned the other day the outrage that Brendy Glackin didn't get a contract despite scoring loads of goals at youth level.  He's currently playing on park pitches in the regional third tier of Northern Irish football.  Who's to say the youth right back isn't a great prospect?  As many people seem to have seen him.

16 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

What a boring game of football. One shot (Goal) and header all half. The fact Shelton and Sheron can’t control this game says it all. 

Bit tricky in Shelton's case to be fair, seeing that he isn't on the pitch or the bench.

4 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I make that 7 bookings each for Hogan and Sheron this season. I wonder what the club record in a season is 😆

Alot more than 7 i’d suggest. Darren Sheridan always seemed to get a yellow, surely he was over 10 a season.

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

We might not.  He might not be anywhere near good enough.  The B team will be a big step.  I mentioned the other day the outrage that Brendy Glackin didn't get a contract despite scoring loads of goals at youth level.  He's currently playing on park pitches in the regional third tier of Northern Irish football.  Who's to say the youth right back isn't a great prospect?  As many people seem to have seen him.

Defender stats are being tracked as much as they've ever been, but unfortunately for them their contribution to a team is harder to gauge.  A striker who knows where the net is is more valuable (unfortunately for defenders).  That's why strikers generally go for the big bucks.

6 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Defender stats are being tracked as much as they've ever been, but unfortunately for them their contribution to a team is harder to gauge.  A striker who knows where the net is is more valuable (unfortunately for defenders).  That's why strikers generally go for the big bucks.

I've only watched highlights, as it appears has everyone else, and it looks a very low level.  If the management team think he's good enough I'm sure he'll get a chance

1 minute ago, hillside blue said:

That aged well, get in Fondop and a good assist by Sambou.

I think it's fair to say the strikers created that one for themselves via a ball over the top?

Archived